ReefCleaners.org

Jay's 32g Scuba Reef

Jay Wee

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

great looking build. im looking forward to following it

Thanks buddy! Your 40 is awesome. Your colors are really popping man. What lights are u using? And What camera or lens are u using for your macro shots?

Thanks buddy! Your 40 is awesome. Your colors are really popping man. What lights are u using? And What camera or lens are u using for your macro shots?

thanks! for lights i have a 24" reefbreeders photon. for the camera i am using a Canon 7D mark ii and the macro lens i have is a canon 100mm 2.8

thanks! for lights i have a 24" reefbreeders photon. for the camera i am using a Canon 7D mark ii and the macro lens i have is a canon 100mm 2.8

I've been meaning to get the 100mm 2.8. Now I'm just using extension tubes. It works but not as good. Looks like I just have to suck it up and get the 100.

I've been meaning to get the 100mm 2.8. Now I'm just using extension tubes. It works but not as good. Looks like I just have to suck it up and get the 100.

Oh ya man it's worth the money for sure it amazes me all the time. I just put a video up

on my tanks journal page and used that lens a lot check it out.

Oh ya man it's worth the money for sure it amazes me all the time. I just put a video up

on my tanks journal page and used that lens a lot check it out.

Cool! I'm bidding on ebay for a used one now.

Just wanna say Amazon does things right by their customers. My Jebao RW-4 failed. Damn thing stopped spinning. Only had it running for a little over a month. The controller works fine but the propeller just wasn't spinning. I even took it out and gave it a good cleaning still nada, not spinning. So I emailed Amazon where I got it from and they responded almost immediately and issued me a refund, told me to re-purchase from one of their Amazon prime sellers and shipped it to me next day and waived the 1 day shipping fee. Talk about customer service. :)

Thanks man! All your 3 tanks are awesome. Really love that Pico Jar. I wanna start one too haha.

Thanks! The jar isn't much right now. I lost all the coral that was in it and started over with some LR from my 8 gallon that I broke down. It seems to have cycled and has a bunch of bryopsis and GHA right now. Looks very "natural". Gonna throw a couple ceriths and 1 small hermit in to clean it up a bit and then well see about 1 or 2 small frags....

Just wanna say Amazon does things right by their customers. My Jebao RW-4 failed. Damn thing stopped spinning. Only had it running for a little over a month. The controller works fine but the propeller just wasn't spinning. I even took it out and gave it a good cleaning still nada, not spinning. So I emailed Amazon where I got it from and they responded almost immediately and issued me a refund, told me to re-purchase from one of their Amazon prime sellers and shipped it to me next day and waived the 1 day shipping fee. Talk about customer service. :)

Damn, that sucks....glad Amazon made it right tho.

I never really paid attention to my apartment from the exterior but this evening I was walking my dogs and happened to be drawn toward a super bright blue light. Thanks Kessil. Now the whole neighborhood knows I have a reef tank. :lol:

16276764005_7272f6d198_z.jpg

My SPS Pillar is partially complete with lotsa frags. Can't wait for them to grow quick and outwards. Will probably have to relocate some of these guy at a later stage once they start touching. Or avoid growing into each other and create some sort of interesting shape. :D

16275940792_010efe6491_c.jpg

16089232398_08d8cfb795_c.jpg

A new super hot addition. B) A Red Spider Sponge. Heard this thing is super hard to keep. Had it for a week and its been doing pretty well. Polyps are all extending and fluffy. but the slightest touch or too much flow it shrinks and start to look leathery. Really interesting. Mine seems to like strong flow but not direct and lower light. Also needs constant feeding like 3 times a day. I'm gonna start feeding less to see how it does.

16090650699_2f2f39c507_c.jpg

I never really paid attention to my apartment from the exterior but this evening I was walking my dogs and happened to be drawn toward a super bright blue light. Thanks Kessil. Now the whole neighborhood knows I have a reef tank. :lol:

16276764005_7272f6d198_z.jpg

That's how I gauge whether I'm at the right house or not whenever I buy frags from someone. That light beacon in their window.

Those sponges are awesome. I was told that the white polyps are actually a type of zoanthid that has a symbiotic relationship with the sponge. Not sure if that is true or not, Nonetheless it is really awesome looking. Where did you pick up all those frags? I am in NY too.

That's how I gauge whether I'm at the right house or not whenever I buy frags from someone. That light beacon in their window.

Ha true that!

Those sponges are awesome. I was told that the white polyps are actually a type of zoanthid that has a symbiotic relationship with the sponge. Not sure if that is true or not, Nonetheless it is really awesome looking. Where did you pick up all those frags? I am in NY too.

John at Pop Coral has a colony. I requested for him to cut this small piece for me and he did. :)

Great setup and interesting aquascape! I'm tagging along to watch the coral growth.

Thanks man! Can't wait. Wish there's some sort of miracle growth. I guess I'll just have to feed daily.

Archived