Coral Vue Hydros

Jay's 32g Scuba Reef

Jay Wee

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally got a proper and fast Macro lens to take pictures of me fast swimming fishies! :D

My Six line wrasse been very hardworking at eating all the unwanted pest on my live rock.

15682396623_5cb48dd30a_z.jpg

Selfie Time!!!

16114727848_0e200cc992_z.jpg

My Mandarin Dragonet playing a little Peekaboo.

16116141899_1e84a19f46_z.jpg

My Snowflake. A real survivor. Been with me since 3 tanks ago.

15679867534_2272f9c5e1_z.jpg

So my snowflake's been solo for almost 2 years now. She's a real bitch. She killed her partner ages ago. Now I'm determined to pair her with another clown. Since she's been solo for so long, I reckon she's turned female and won't be changing her sex no more so I'll have to pick a smaller size male to pair her with. So I got 2 Juvenile clowns to see which one she would pair with. I'll eventually have to take the odd one out and put him in another tank. But all 3 have been doing so well I'm real surprised! My big snowflake hasn't been bitchy and she's been swimming with the 2 babies as a pact.

I got a Wyoming White and a Flurry. I have no idea which is which. they look so similar. haha. But i think the first one is a Flurry. You experts out there please help me ID.

16116432667_e708864c21_z.jpg

16276354336_a2eb8fbcdf_z.jpg

These babies are beautiful. I bought them from a fellow reefer in this forum. His name is Noah. He goes by DimePieceReef on NR. He takes great care in breeding his clowns. Buy with confidence.

15679872354_1118f6b6ea_z.jpg

Finally got a proper and fast Macro lens to take pictures of me fast swimming fishies! :D

My Six line wrasse been very hardworking at eating all the unwanted pest on my live rock.

Selfie Time!!!

16114727848_0e200cc992_z.jpg

My Mandarin Dragonet playing a little Peekaboo.

16116141899_1e84a19f46_z.jpg

My Snowflake. A real survivor. Been with me since 3 tanks ago.

15679867534_2272f9c5e1_z.jpg

So my snowflake's been solo for almost 2 years now. She's a real bitch. She killed her partner ages ago. Now I'm determined to pair her with another clown. Since she's been solo for so long, I reckon she's turned female and won't be changing her sex no more so I'll have to pick a smaller size male to pair her with. So I got 2 Juvenile clowns to see which one she would pair with. I'll eventually have to take the odd one out and put him in another tank. But all 3 have been doing so well I'm real surprised! My big snowflake hasn't been bitchy and she's been swimming with the 2 babies as a pact.

I got a Wyoming White and a Flurry. I have no idea which is which. they look so similar. haha. But i think the first one is a Flurry. You experts out there please help me ID.

16116432667_e708864c21_z.jpg

16276354336_a2eb8fbcdf_z.jpg

These babies are beautiful. I bought them from a fellow reefer in this forum. His name is Noah. He goes by DimePieceReef on NR. He takes great care in breeding his clowns. Buy with confidence.

15679872354_1118f6b6ea_z.jpg

Beautiful shots jay

Beautiful shots jay

Thanks man. Means a lot coming from you super insane looking zero edge tank. I drooled like a zero edge when I say you tank thread.

Great pics! Thought this was my tank for a second, I have a 6 line as well, and almost the exact same coral haha.

nice photos. so sharp. my snowflake has the same darker white spot on the tail like yours.
For real? Is that like a snowflake trait. So weird. I caught it once and tried to rub it thinking its a stain haha.

That front on shot of your 6 line is too cute. Your new clowns are sweeeeeet!
Thank you! I really like my 6 line. It doesn't harass my mandarin.

Hi, I really like your tank.

How long have you had your mandarin in the tank? Do you have any problem feeding it?

I bet he has to make a nightly "sacrifice to the gods" via killing an entire village of 'pods to keep that little beauty plump. B)

Hi, I really like your tank.

How long have you had your mandarin in the tank? Do you have any problem feeding it?

I bet he has to make a nightly "sacrifice to the gods" via killing an entire village of 'pods to keep that little beauty plump. B)

Haha I have lots of chaeto and big pod population. But I've trained it to eat frozen brine shrimp last week and gonna train him to eat pellet too.

How do you go about training them, Jay? I have been wanting one for the loooongest time (once I upgrade to something a bit larger haha)

How do you go about training them, Jay? I have been wanting one for the loooongest time (once I upgrade to something a bit larger haha)
There are all kinds of methods out there. But I did what made sense to me. First of all patience. Can't rush it. I bought a bottle of live brine shrimp cuz these pigs eat anything live. Then for a week I defroze frozen brine shrimp and mix it with live brine shrimp in a small container and use turkey baster to spot feed the mandarin. It will bound to bite on the frozen brine shrimp while going for the live ones. And slowly enough it figured out Hey buddy! This frozen thing don't taste that bad after all. And sure enough it just ate frozen brine shrimps. Sometimes it helps mixing frozen brine shrimp with cyclopeeze to make it stink a little. It'll surely go for it. As for pellets I'm gonna use the same method. Mixing frozen brine shrimp with cyclopeeze and sinking pellets and use Turkey baster to spot feed. We'll see if it takes the pellet in the confusion of food squirt. They can be stubborn at times.

" post="4933571" timestamp="1421549365"]msLzGUM.gif......I GUESS...... i have to get a bigger tank to catch up to you <_< .......... HAHHA Amazing pictures like always!
Haha nice gif dude! Thanks!!! Can't wait to see that upgrade of yours!!!

As requested, here's my 12g long planted. It's a little unkept right now. Haven't had the time to do some trimming and remove some of that nasty algae.

16044483380_9e24e1009d_c.jpg

That's so nice I have the flu all edge 6 and I can only keep some common crypt and one other idea what it is and some really tiny crypt like things, nothing seems to grow just replace dead leaves. Some have had the exact number of leaves for 2 years. I use flourish excel but I'm wondering if you could recommend so plants that grow a little faster. I have supplement light over the tank about 20w of something xD, nothing great just a fluorescent bulb.

Looks sick btw

That's so nice I have the flu all edge 6 and I can only keep some common crypt and one other idea what it is and some really tiny crypt like things, nothing seems to grow just replace dead leaves. Some have had the exact number of leaves for 2 years. I use flourish excel but I'm wondering if you could recommend so plants that grow a little faster. I have supplement light over the tank about 20w of something xD, nothing great just a fluorescent bulb.

Looks sick btw

Hey bud! Thanks!. For planted tank you need good substrate and a very good strong light. Injecting CO2 is another beast that I'm not gonna get into. I had a very patient start. I dry start my tank for almost 6 months i think. Basically planting my plants into the subtrate and just use a mister and cover the tank in serene wrap and wait several months for the plants to grow and really root itself into the substrate. Once I felt everything was deeply grounded, I started flooding my tank and then religiously dosing Fluorish excel.

For lights I'm using True Lumen Pro 12,000K LEDs on a 12 hr cycle.

If you want quick growing plants that don't require much light or work you should try Java Moss. They make great carpet plants. They even come in cute little Moss Balls. Great for a shrimp tank.

Awesome thanks, I have heard of dry starting, I would probably forget to mist it daily and kill everything. Lol. I figured out the other plant I have last night after an hour of going through scientific names lol. Its hydrophilia polyspermapost-79083-0-46064600-1421950736_thumb.jpg

Also that rock is really nice does it have a name?

Awesome thanks, I have heard of dry starting, I would probably forget to mist it daily and kill everything. Lol. I figured out the other plant I have last night after an hour of going through scientific names lol. Its hydrophilia polyspermaattachicon.gifhttp://www.nano-reef.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=147094'>image.jpgAlso that rock is really nice does it have a name?
Those are seiryu rocks from Japan. They are the perfect rocks for planted tanks!

This tank is just beautiful! How do you get your frag plugs on the rock? do you chop off the cylinder part?
Hey! Thanks man. I love your shallow tank btw! For my sps remove them from the frag plug and just glue the base of the sps and attach it to the live rock. They will eventually encrust over the live rock. As for zoas and plays I cut the protruding base of the frag plug and glue straight to the live rock. Eventually the zoas and plays will grow out of the plug and onto the rock.

Those are seiryu rocks from Japan. They are the perfect rocks for planted tanks!

Hey! Thanks man. I love your shallow tank btw! For my sps remove them from the frag plug and just glue the base of the sps and attach it to the live rock. They will eventually encrust over the live rock. As for zoas and plays I cut the protruding base of the frag plug and glue straight to the live rock. Eventually the zoas and plays will grow out of the plug and onto the rock.

Thanks! Your definitely one of my inspirations!

Ok sweet!

Anyone using the IM minimax reactor to run GFO? I try to let it tumble a little so it doesn't clump together. But I have to adjust the flow daily. I would set it, see it tumble and then leave it but the next day it stops tumbling. Then I'll turn the knob for more flow and let it tumble again and after a day it stops. Wondering if this is normal.

Archived