Pod Your Reef

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Alright alright. My niece has a playdate over so I'm watching over the girls.

20150206_140349.jpg

My first impression is that i can see movement in my soft corals and my grandis palys actually got pissed.

But I have the clownfish in a huge net right in the middle of the tank which is affecting the flow a lot. I put a little bit of coral snow and is spread it rather quickly. I'm not going "HOLY WOW" yet because of the net being in the middle, I can't really "feel" the gyre yet. So Give me till the weekend when I will have taken Ruby to the LFS and then I'll take pictures and a video

• Like 4

Alright alright. My niece has a playdate over so I'm watching over the girls.

20150206_140349.jpg

Lock them in a room theyll be fine, then take that thing and put it in your tank then take a video and let me know how it is lol
  • Like 1

I did the flake test. Put some flakes on the opposite end of the tank from the Gyre and the flakes gently made they way to the Gyre and then got spit back out whoosh. I liked that.

I thought it needed to be mounted near the surface to create the gyre?

Then the net is smack in the middle of it. i can't do much till Ruby has been traded.

• Like 1

I did the flake test. Put some flakes on the opposite end of the tank from the Gyre and the flakes gently made they way to the Gyre and then got spit back out whoosh. I liked that.

Then the net is smack in the middle of it. i can't do much till Ruby has been traded.

So according to the flake test, my MP10 in my IM10 tank is doing the gyre too! :D

• Like 1

Hungry fishies = No flake test :tears:

Blue Tenuis Colony waiting to be glued. I'm so unsure of how to get it to stay glued, it's big and heavy.

20150206_195823.jpg

Bali Slimer is loving the Gyre.

20150206_195835.jpg

Comparison from Jan 16

20150116_185250.jpg

This picture below taken today is under the same lights as the Jan 16 picture. Improvement in color for sure.

20150206_200656.jpg

• Like 5

Kat, get percula clowns, I have found mine to be totally chill (3-4 years old) much smaller and I can remove bubble algae next to their nem with only a little tail slap that doesn't do anything, they only chase fish that are in their nem smace. I had a black ocellaris and normal ocellaris in the past, both became epic dicks, in addition to growing much faster than my peculas.

• Like 1

Blue Tenuis Colony waiting to be glued. I'm so unsure of how to get it to stay glued, it's big and heavy.

20150206_195823.jpg

Take a smaller rock, glue it to the side of the colony that we can't see, which should likely be your "end" that you would use to attach anyways. Glue it up good and lay it back like it is not holding the rock until it is firmly attached (assuming it isn't already attached to a piece of rock at all). After it is firmly attached you can then glue/ epoxy the small rock with large coral to your rockwork.... and hold it there until it firmly attaches lol

I don't like to epoxy acros directly as epoxy heats up ridiculously and I have and have seen corals needlessly killed by doing so.

• Like 2

Hers is a myagi, not a blue tort, not a cali tort, not an oregon tort....

Honestly, I don't really give a #### what it is. I don't get hung up over names, scientific or otherwise.

• Like 6

Honestly, I don't really give a #### what it is. I don't get hung up over names, scientific or otherwise.

Thats cool but if they are different they are different still... which was my point.

• Like 2

Thats cool but if they are different they are different still... which was my point.

I'm sure they are. However, I just like to appreciate them all for being corals, not what makes them different.

• Like 4

I'm sure they are. However, I just like to appreciate them all for being corals, not what makes them different.

Cool? Some of us like to know what we have and get actual pieces that are what they are claimed to be because we like those pieces individually. Doesn't mean I don't like corals for being corals, just means I like pieces I like, and want to be able to find those pieces easier then uh yeah its blue and kinda twiggish you got some of that? :lol:

• Like 3

:slap: That'a a Myagi - what that means is it's a purple and yellow with hints of green tort. :slap:

It changes color in different tanks I've noticed.

If you would take pictures with something other than a potato I'd be able to tell the difference! :P

• Like 1