Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Ha ha green carpet is right. The rocks in the max are disposable. The rocks I can use are in my sump from my new uncured shipment. But realistically there are bryopsis fronds on everything and the rocks in question are huge, heavy. Dremel or chisel, it's not happening.

Maybe I need a bigger CUC.

:o

:slap: I see what you did there!

yesh!! start with dry rock.. mold it into awesomeness... cure in max... gooo

http://www.marcorocks.com/packages-combos/50-pound-box-key-largo-rock-and-e-marco-400-aquascape-kit/

I said no.

Bryopsis, hair algae, all the same. Though the hair algae he'd have to share with the two tangs and the angel :)

I had a frag covered in GHA which was sitting in the RSM, put it in the big tank before I lfet for Atlanta last week, it's clean. :) love that Tang.

• Like 2

I agree you don't want to stress them anymore. I find it weird though that people have found that raising Mg with TechM has stressed colonies of SPS. I never saw any changes except for 1) my bryopsis died, and 2) I lost all my stomatella snails.

Because people just pour the shit in/ raise it to fast and then want to blame it on something other then their own ignorance.... happens with alot of stuff lol

I've noticed, as has Lawn if I remember correctly, that big swings in mag can cause problems with lps. If slowly brought up I don't know that it would cause a problem, but a quick swing can wreck LPS

A Big swing with anything will cause issues..... big swings are also called not doing it right lol

• Like 1

Accidentally just did a water change in the pico using fresh water. Good thing I caught it early. ?

Nothing looks too happy but by tomorrow it should be back to normal.

Hi Kat!

:waves:

Accidentally just did a water change in the pico using fresh water. Good thing I caught it early.

Nothing looks too happy but by tomorrow it should be back to normal.

Uh oh. Glad you caught it in time. I did about 1/2 g WC on my pico. And about 5 gallons in the big tank
  • Like 1

G'mornin' people of the reef. What's the plan for today?

Serious question: What should I do about mama Ruby the clownfish from hell. She is a spawning fish (although they have not spawned for about 4 months due to tank changes). She is a big fish and is just a dick. She attacks fish way on the other side of the tank.

I moved her to the RSM while I was travelling, she had harassed the baby tang to torn fins and cowering in the corner. Since she is no longer in the tank, everyone is a happy fish.

I am shutting down the RSM this week. I'm not sure if I should put Ruby back in the big tank and let Ruby and Maxine (formerly Max) figure out who is the chick. Or should I just trade her at the store. She's been in time out for over 10 days, is she going to 'remember' her former home and get territorial again?

Thoughts?

• Like 2

G'mornin' people of the reef. What's the plan for today?

Serious question: What should I do about mama Ruby the clownfish from hell. She is a spawning fish (although they have not spawned for about 4 months due to tank changes). She is a big fish and is just a dick. She attacks fish way on the other side of the tank.

I moved her to the RSM while I was travelling, she had harassed the baby tang to torn fins and cowering in the corner. Since she is no longer in the tank, everyone is a happy fish.

I am shutting down the RSM this week. I'm not sure if I should put Ruby back in the big tank and let Ruby and Maxine (formerly Max) figure out who is the chick. Or should I just trade her at the store. She's been in time out for over 10 days, is she going to 'remember' her former home and get territorial again?

Thoughts?

I would do a trade for something else if hes causing that much trouble. I actually caught my clown the other day and had him sitting in a breeder box as a timeout and thought about the same thing but the fiance made me put him back in the tank. Did you try selling the pair in the livestock section?

I would do a trade for something else if hes causing that much trouble. I actually caught my clown the other day and had him sitting in a breeder box as a timeout and thought about the same thing but the fiance made me put him back in the tank. Did you try selling the pair in the livestock section?

I haven't considered selling them no. I thought a trade at the LFS would be better.

But to clarify, I would be trading her, not them. They're broken up now I guess since I separated them 10 days ago.

I'd like to give her another chance. If she's a dick I'll fish her out and take her to the store.

• Like 2

I haven't considered selling them no. I thought a trade at the LFS would be better.

But to clarify, I would be trading her, not them. They're broken up now I guess since I separated them 10 days ago.

I'd like to give her another chance. If she's a dick I'll fish her out and take her to the store.

Ya if shes still in time out give her another shot. Mine was mean within 20 mins of being put back in but I never fully removed him from the tank like you did. What would you trade her in for?

Ya if shes still in time out give her another shot. Mine was mean within 20 mins of being put back in but I never fully removed him from the tank like you did. What would you trade her in for?

My fishy wishlist is a mile long! Anthias are first on that list.

• Like 1

Tearing down the RSM!!!

Put Ruby back in the big tank to give her another chance - it's not looking good. :angry:

Took off the equipment to clean. Found this huge huge worm in one of the rocks. Any idea on the ID

It's pissed off on account of being pulled and sitting without water for 30 minutes

20150204_111939.jpg

• Like 1