Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Only a few inches, not nearly close to what was predicted.

here's my theory: meteoroligists are owned by the bakers and dairy farmers. every time there is a nasty storm predicted there is a run on milk and bread, gotta keep demand up so you buy the meteorologists and create demand.

you-know-conspiracy-thumb.jpg

• Like 4

here's my theory: meteoroligists are owned by the bakers and dairy farmers. every time there is a nasty storm predicted there is a run on milk and bread, gotta keep demand up so you buy the meteorologists and create demand.

The real answer is the worse weather.com predicts a storm to be, the more clicks they get on their website, and thus the more ad revenue they get as well.
  • Like 3

Eh, I always cut weather reports some slack. They're only trying to predict the future lol

only profession I know of where you can be wrong 98% of the time and still have a job :rolleyes:

• Like 5

The real answer is the worse weather.com predicts a storm to be, the more clicks they get on their website, and thus the more ad revenue they get as well.

Accumulation is damn hard to predict, but yea, the weather channel names storms now and is all about hype.

Euro model is left biased so accumulations should have been shifted east. Hindsight. The American model, the GFS, is a piece of crap and a fine example of how bad programming and bad version control can ruin a project. That said it's usually good within 24 hours and it correctly predicted the storm moving more east yesterday.

If they under-predicted there would be hell to pay. Lot's of politicians have lost their jobs due to bad weather planning. Lose lose situation. :D

• Like 1

If they under-predicted there would be hell to pay. Lot's of politicians have lost their jobs due to bad weather planning. Lose lose situation. :D

I was in Atlanta exactly a year ago when the city did absolutely NOTHING to prepare and had 1-2 inches of ice that paralysed the entire metropolis for 2 days. Nobody lost their job.

yup

On the bright side, everybody has a holiday today. If I didn't have to fly tomorrow I would have had brunch and bloody marys with my girlfriend.

You can still have bloody mary's and fly tomorrow. The day is still young!

• Like 2

I was in Atlanta exactly a year ago when the city did absolutely NOTHING to prepare and had 1-2 inches of ice that paralysed the entire metropolis for 2 days. Nobody lost their job.

Sounds like a normal winter day here.... the city barely plows the main roads, side streets havent been touched, theres 2-3" of solid compacted snow thats melted just enough to turn into ice.... and it hasn't snowed in probably a week :lol:

my girlfriend.

:wub:

• Like 1

It makes me worried about the next prediction, you know like the weatherman that cried wolf.

One of the news stations in PA has a "confidence meter". For this storm they had "low confidence" in their prediction for over a foot of snow - which we didn't get close to. We got basically nothing. So today they're congratulating themselves about how great they were about their low confidence prediction. :lol:

• Like 3

One of the news stations in PA has a "confidence meter". For this storm they had "low confidence" in their prediction for over a foot of snow - which we didn't get close to. We got basically nothing. So today they're congratulating themselves about how great they were about their low confidence prediction. :lol:

"this is what we are predicting, but we have no confidence in our prediction"

wait, what? why would you even ask for their prediction if they aren't confident in their own predictions? :blink:

• Like 3
"this is what we are predicting, but we have no confidence in our prediction"

wait, what? why would you even ask for their prediction if they aren't confident in their own predictions? :blink:

You're supposed to give a confidence measure when you're making a prediction/educated guess.

Remember the poopy brown insurance policy frags...

https://flic.kr/p/qF9XE5]16195653900_f24418088d.jpg[/url]https://flic.kr/p/qF9XE5]DSCN0396[/url] by https://www.flickr.com/people/124253540@N05/]justinarce5692[/url], on Flickr

https://flic.kr/p/qXHtkT]16383061285_92b9252138.jpg[/url]https://flic.kr/p/qXHtkT]DSCN0395[/url] by https://www.flickr.com/people/124253540@N05/]justinarce5692[/url], on Flickr

The torts not as blue IRL, more green, but its right under a B+ bulb so the pics distorted.

Edit: LOL get it Dis-TORT-ed.... i crack myself up.

:o

You Dunn good Justin! Might want those back and give you the colonies.......

DANG I need my light on this tank already. Argh.

• Like 2

:o

You Dunn good Justin! Might want those back and give you the colonies.......

DANG I need my light on this tank already. Argh.

Lmao idk if i have room for colonies, but if u need anything else leme know. Once you get your light back though yours will bounce back.

You're supposed to give a confidence measure when you're making a prediction/educated guess.

Can you imagine anyone doing that at their everyday job?

"I think you should cut the red wire on that bomb, but I have low confidence in me being right."

• Like 1