Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

TeenyReef's 4g PicoParadise

teenyreef

need a bigger tank for all those frags =P

Inorite? I'm really starting to think about it now that got all these frags from AquaSD. I'd always heard good things about them, and after receiving the shipment I was blown away by the size and quality of the frags. I ordered ten acros for $100, plus a blueberry mille colony for $40. Here's the blueberry, along with one of the many un-named but very nice acros:

25832884223_4d5df22dd7_b.jpgBlueberry Mille by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sk8n Reefer

Very nice! How do you take your top downs? Do you use a glass viewing box to shoot through or just through the water with pumps off? Or or ?? Your acros are looking beautiful

Inorite? I'm really starting to think about it now that got all these frags from AquaSD. I'd always heard good things about them, and after receiving the shipment I was blown away by the size and quality of the frags. I ordered ten acros for $100, plus a blueberry mille colony for $40. Here's the blueberry, along with one of the many un-named but very nice acros:

25832884223_4d5df22dd7_b.jpgBlueberry Mille by TeenyReef, on Flickr

This Mille is awesome! I am gonna ck out AquaSD

Very nice! How do you take your top downs? Do you use a glass viewing box to shoot through or just through the water with pumps off? Or or ?? Your acros are looking beautiful

This Mille is awesome! I am gonna ck out AquaSD

Thanks! I just turn the pumps off and steady the camera with one hand on the edge of the glass or the light. As long as I can get close to a straight down shot there's no distortion.

I porthole would take up pretty much the whole tank, there's be no room to keep the light on while I take pictures :lol:

Here are a few of the new acros in the frag racks. It was a great deal - I basically got 14 acros for $100. The only down side is that none of them were marked, so I have no idea what they all are :rolleyes:

26465152425_a3c3176f92_b.jpg20160414-untitled-009-2-Edit.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

25860272854_deaa820e98_b.jpg20160414-untitled-011-2-Edit.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

26398993481_0c78c4b88a_b.jpg20160414-untitled-012-2-Edit.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

26398994211_b88bd8375f_b.jpg20160414-untitled-015-Edit.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

26398995311_01c183cd67_b.jpg20160414-untitled-018-Edit.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

25860276334_daf217301c_b.jpg20160414-untitled-020-Edit.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Elizabeth94

Perfect picture of the goby! Such a cool looking fish.

As for the acros, they all look great, but I really like the sps in the second picture :)

Perfect picture of the goby! Such a cool looking fish.

As for the acros, they all look great, but I really like the sps in the second picture :)

Thanks! I love my little GBG's.

There are some tiny hints of green on that acro. This weekend I'm going to take some more pictures to see how the colors have been changing in this tank since I got them. So far they seem to be coloring up nicely.

Lincoln in the acans is so cute!

Thanks, Dawn! It's nice that he's not too shy. Roosevelt (GBG #2) hangs out in the back behind the rocks most of the time so I don't see her very much.

I glued up some additional frags in the tank last night. A few zoas, the forest fire digitata, another gorg, and a booger sized ricordia frag that I sedged into a crack between the rocks in hopes that it will like it there and start to grow. Not sure if I'll have time to get pictures today, but by tomorrow for sure!

Somebody asked in a different thread whether acans and zoas can be close to each other. Other than the zoas not growing when they are outright covered up by the acans, they seem to do just fine together.

26322368300_a282c3efa7_b.jpg20160422-untitled-004-Edit.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Wow. That looks awesome.

That close up shot is amazing!

Thanks! One of the things I love about having a pico tank is that it's so easy to take macro shots. This one just used the kit lens instead of the macro lens, and it turned out fine.

I've been so happy that the tank is finally on solid ground. Nitrates stay between 1 and 3, and phosphates are finally under .1, and it really shows in the colors in the acros. Even the zoas are doing well, as long as I give them a few drops of peroxide when they start looking puny.

April FTS:

26019187663_3e84f9a115_b.jpg2016-04-24 Cadlights FTS by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Thanks! One of the things I love about having a pico tank is that it's so easy to take macro shots. This one just used the kit lens instead of the macro lens, and it turned out fine.I've been so happy that the tank is finally on solid ground. Nitrates stay between 1 and 3, and phosphates are finally under .1, and it really shows in the colors in the acros. Even the zoas are doing well, as long as I give them a few drops of peroxide when they start looking puny. April FTS: 26019187663_3e84f9a115_b.jpg2016-04-24 Cadlights FTS by TeenyReef, on Flickr

This FTS is even more amazing than the macro shot. It definitely shows that you have the tank in order. It looks so beautiful.

New FTS coming soon, but in the meantime, I really like how this close crop of the oregon tort turned out :)

Oregon Tort by TeenyReef, on Flickr

That's a great photo - it looks so nice with the contrast against that monti (?) background.

i am addicted to millie now after my first one from CR. i may have to look into AquaSD next time. how much was shipping?

I think Aqua SD is 40.00 if I remember right.

Tank is looking good Teeny love the pics!

Awesome FTS, and loved the stick shots I missed last week. Super jealous of course. :)

Dammit, page quote.

Thanks! One of the things I love about having a pico tank is that it's so easy to take macro shots. This one just used the kit lens instead of the macro lens, and it turned out fine.

I've been so happy that the tank is finally on solid ground. Nitrates stay between 1 and 3, and phosphates are finally under .1, and it really shows in the colors in the acros. Even the zoas are doing well, as long as I give them a few drops of peroxide when they start looking puny.

April FTS:

26019187663_3e84f9a115_b.jpg2016-04-24 Cadlights FTS by TeenyReef, on Flickr

This FTS is even more amazing than the macro shot. It definitely shows that you have the tank in order. It looks so beautiful.

Thanks, Dawn! I think there are still a couple square inches of rock without coral, so I need to do a little more gluing :D

i am addicted to millie now after my first one from CR. i may have to look into AquaSD next time. how much was shipping?

I think Aqua SD is 40.00 if I remember right.

Tank is looking good Teeny love the pics!

Thanks! And yes, $40 shipping. Well worth the price :)

That's a great photo - it looks so nice with the contrast against that monti (?) background.

Thanks! yes, it's a red/green grafted encrusting monti. I had it in a spot that was way too dark in the 10g tank, and it just barely survived. Now that it's under the light in this tank, it's starting to grow out and I can even see a tiny bit of green. Hopefully the green will come back.

How is this tank only 4 gallons?

Ha! Thanks! I keep waiting for the corals to grow out the top but there's actually a long way to go :)

Absolutely beautiful photo, as usual!

Thank you! Somehow I missed your tank thread - it's absolutely beautiful! I'm looking forward to more updates ;)

Awesome FTS, and loved the stick shots I missed last week. Super jealous of course. :)

Dammit, page quote.

Thanks, Mark! I appreciate the encouragement especially since I've learned so much about keeping sticks from you, both good and bad :D

^^ Everything looks happy'n'healthy! :)

Thanks! Still trying to make it simple and with a routine that I can keep up forever. I hope to keep this tank up for a long time.

Archived