Innovative Marine Aquariums

TeenyReef's 4g PicoParadise

teenyreef

I have had this nerite for years. I found him again on teh outside of the tank, and popped it back in. Ineed to move him to the other tank, I thinks... more stuff to eat there.

Nice crabby. I does wants.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mind my nerites. I keep my tanks covered most of the time anyway, and after about a month of getting blocked by the cover, they don't seem as motivated to make the break for freedom as quickly as they used to :lol:

I'm working late tonight, so of course I'm finding all sorts of important things to do so I have an excuse not to work. LIke taking pictures of the tank :D

One of the pom pom crabs came out tonight after the lights went out. The lighting was kind of cool because it's a combination of the moonlights and a desk lamp nearby.

25730819811_d21a75abc3_b.jpgPom Pom Crab by TeenyReef, on Flickr

So since I was avoiding work anyway, I got out the macro lens to get a closeup of the dendros :)

25800223226_6db20eb63a_b.jpgDendros by TeenyReef, on Flickr

That's an amazing shot if the dendros teeny! What's good my friend?

After the lights went out, the female pom pom came out and just camped out beneath the dendros. She seemed to be behaving a little different from usual, and when I got out the cell phone camera, I saw that she was spawning! I managed to get some of it on video :)

That's an amazing shot if the dendros teeny! What's good my friend?

Thanks! I've been very busy with work lately, and haven't had much time to keep up on N-R. How have you been?

After the lights went out, the female pom pom came out and just camped out beneath the dendros. She seemed to be behaving a little different from usual, and when I got out the cell phone camera, I saw that she was spawning! I managed to get some of it on video :)

[/size]

Thanks! I've been very busy with work lately, and haven't had much time to keep up on N-R. How have you been?

I'm good man,can't complain had a good bday getting the new chameleon. The video you just posted is way cool :)

I'm good man,can't complain had a good bday getting the new chameleon. The video you just posted is way cool :)

Happy birthday!!! :happydance:

That's an awesome shot of the pom pom crab spawning.

free food for the tank, and who knows you might find you have a couple new baby crabs running round. :)

FlamingPrawn

This is by far one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Going to have to get a pom pom for my 4. Hopefully my newest addition doesn't bother him too much

they are viable? would be awesome if you could have survivors, but not likely to happen. here's hoping.

they are viable? would be awesome if you could have survivors, but not likely to happen. here's hoping.

They won't be viable, they need lots of special handling and feeding to survive. But it's pretty cool to watch and the gobies enjoy the special treat :)

I'm back from my San Diego/Hawaii trip. It was a very busy trip and I didn't get to keep up on N-R at all :(

But the tanks did fine thanks to my wife's tank sitting skills :) There was some algae on the glass and some cyano on the sand, right in the low flow area where I always get it. But the corals look great and seem to have grown a bit while I was gone :)

I'm back from my San Diego/Hawaii trip. It was a very busy trip and I didn't get to keep up on N-R at all :(

But the tanks did fine thanks to my wife's tank sitting skills :) There was some algae on the glass and some cyano on the sand, right in the low flow area where I always get it. But the corals look great and seem to have grown a bit while I was gone :)

What do you do for your cyano? You said it is just in a single spot? That is how it appears in my 3 gal, but right where the flow is.

What do you do for your cyano? You said it is just in a single spot? That is how it appears in my 3 gal, but right where the flow is.

Mine is downstream from where the biggest flow is, on the surface of the sand in the front by the glass. I don't really do anything for it. I just stir up the sand with the turkey baster, and clean off the glass if necessary. It comes back in three or four days, but since I need to stir up the sand by then anyway, it's no big deal.

[/size]

Awesome clear video!!!! My pom pom crab would climb to the top of the monticap and release her eggs. Always at "dusk". Free fishy food omgomgomg.

Enjoyed the Pom-Pom video. Lucky that you caught that at just the right time.

It was lucky for sure! The tank is on my desk so I spend a lot of time looking at the tank when I should be working :)

Awesome clear video!!!! My pom pom crab would climb to the top of the monticap and release her eggs. Always at "dusk". Free fishy food omgomgomg.

Thanks Gena! Mine always come out after the lights go out, but since I have a desk lamp I can still see them easily.

I guess you taught her well! That was a cool video of the pom pom crab.
Nano sapiens

It was lucky for sure! The tank is on my desk so I spend a lot of time looking at the tank when I should be working :)

I would never admit to something like that :)

I would never admit to something like that :)

:lol:

Sometimes I have to do proposal writing, which means staying up really late every night and trying to deal with writers block. I tell myself that looking at the tank and meditating is a great cure for writers block B)

• 2 weeks later...

I've been too busy to post updates and pictures lately, but the tank is doing really well. The new acros are growing and getting really nice color, the acans are multiplying, and even the zoas have been doing better. I think it's due to increased lighting (I've gradually ramped the blues up to 100& and the whites up to 50%), and greatly improved nitrates and phosphates by using NoPox. The zoas have also benefited from occasional applications of hydrogen peroxide. I take out enough water to expose them to the air, put a couple drops on each colony, and let it sit for about 30 seconds before putting the water back in. They look a little shriveled the next day, but 48 hours later they look greatly improved.

In the 10g thread I explained that I'm having some high nutrient problems in the frag tank, with some indication of dino growing. So I took most of the frags out. I put the zoa frags in the 10g tank, but I put the SPS frags in this tank since it's been very SPS friendly lately.

I haven't had much time to take pictures, but I got a quick cell phone pic after I put the SPS frags in.

26146957280_c82e4f5341_b.jpgCadlights 4g Top Down by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Talk about a picture of health! The color and fluffiness is spectacular in that top down pic. Lookin' great as usual teeny!

Hey man i havent been active for a while....But that top down shot though..... everything's looking great :)

Yeah, me too :lol: Thanks!

Now that's a frag tank- are that a bird of paradise frag on the right? Just got one of those myself

Yes it is. I love the color combination with the purple polyps and the green skin. I'm looking forward to seeing yours get all big and bushy with your coral green thumb :)

Talk about a picture of health! The color and fluffiness is spectacular in that top down pic. Lookin' great as usual teeny!

Thanks, Dawn!

Archived