Coral Vue Hydros

TeenyReef's 4g PicoParadise

teenyreef

Bed in a box, super comfy and not bad for the "bow-chika-wow". If you put your new tank next to your new bed you could watch your tank and get your freak on at the same time. :naughtydance::o

Or you could go full-retro-70's-tacky and get a huge waterbed with LED running boards and a reef tank headboard!

You are so weird :lol:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry again Teeny, these small tanks are not forgiving of mistakes. :(

A nice 20 or 25 gallon cube would be the ticket for a new tank, IMO. :)

Bed in a box, super comfy and not bad for the "bow-chika-wow". If you put your new tank next to your new bed you could watch your tank and get your freak on at the same time. :naughtydance::o

Or you could go full-retro-70's-tacky and get a huge waterbed with LED running boards and a reef tank headboard!

Casper mattresses FTW :D;)

Do you guys live in my house? I ordered a Casper mattress last night :ninja:

jedimasterben

#awwyiss

I'm just mad that my wife wanted a queen instead of a king. I could use that extra 16" :lol:

Christopher Marks

What a bummer teenyreef :( I'm glad a few things survived to continue on to the next tank.

On the bright side, I think I smell another TOTM in the making...

No doubt about it!

Do you guys live in my house? I ordered a Casper mattress last night :ninja:

DO NOT, look under the bed!

omg, just got back and caught up on your thread. so sorry about your alk issue / tank crash. glad you are taking it well.

can't wait for you to get a reefer next.

also, i bought and returned Casper for a Leesa. didn't like Casper's lack of edge support. I like sleeping by the edge of the bed and almost fell off the bed a few times with the Casper.

Oh my gosh!!!!! Sorry to hear this :(.

I'm glad it wasn't a total loss for you and you can move a few things over to the new bigger tank.

Oh my gosh!!!!! Sorry to hear this :(.

I'm glad it wasn't a total loss for you and you can move a few things over to the new bigger tank.

Thanks, Gena. I think losing the fish is the hardest part, they'd been a part of the family for a long time.

PS: I just saw that you lost Pinky, now I'm really sad :(

Oh no I am so sorry!!! This is what terrifies me about salt tanks, all it takes is one mistake.

I agree, this is a big part of why nanos are hard and picos are even harder. There's very little room for error with so little water to keep things stable. But the challenge is part of the fun.

omg, just got back and caught up on your thread. so sorry about your alk issue / tank crash. glad you are taking it well.

can't wait for you to get a reefer next.

also, i bought and returned Casper for a Leesa. didn't like Casper's lack of edge support. I like sleeping by the edge of the bed and almost fell off the bed a few times with the Casper.

Thanks Ninja! We'll see how the bed works. Fingers crossed!

#awwyiss

I'm just mad that my wife wanted a queen instead of a king. I could use that extra 16" :lol:

We got a king :)

#winning

DO NOT, look under the bed!

LOL! I shared this with my wife and cracked her up!

O teeny, this is heart breaking. I actually got sick to my stomach when I read what happened. I am sooooo sorry!

I did have to laugh about the deal with the devil and your wife about the new mattress and tank upgrade though. Dave made the same deal as I wanted a new mattress too. We wives don't like waking up with back aches!

I still think RTF and you are related somehow :lol:

You are so weird :lol:

See above................

I had to but RTF is loved by all......

#awwyiss

Queen was when I was single......Married now for ages and King all the way......WTF is she thinking.........just wait kids and dogs.....oh you will be screwed.....

And last Teeny sorry to hear about he issues......Not sure what is going on but things have not been good for NR members lately......

O teeny, this is heart breaking. I actually got sick to my stomach when I read what happened. I am sooooo sorry!

I did have to laugh about the deal with the devil and your wife about the new mattress and tank upgrade though. Dave made the same deal as I wanted a new mattress too. We wives don't like waking up with back aches!

Thanks, Dawn! We're both looking forward to the new mattress. And the new tank :lol:

damn this sucks.

on the bright side, it's a perfect excuse to start a new tank as a fresh canvas.

Yep! I'm looking forward to it. And in the meantime this tank will be new and improved frag tank, so it will live on. Well, sort of.

I still think RTF and you are related somehow :lol:

See above................

I had to but RTF is loved by all......

Queen was when I was single......Married now for ages and King all the way......WTF is she thinking.........just wait kids and dogs.....oh you will be screwed.....

And last Teeny sorry to hear about he issues......Not sure what is going on but things have not been good for NR members lately......

Thanks, Spectra! Yeah, it's been a tough couple weeks here on N-R. But I really think in the long run that sharing the disasters is as important as sharing the successes. It can be so discouraging when bad things happen, but I know when I see the amazing tanks here on N-R and realize every single one of those members has gone through similar trials, it's very encouraging. Not to mention all the hugs and pats on the back :grouphug:

What a bummer teenyreef :( I'm glad a few things survived to continue on to the next tank.

No doubt about it!

Thanks, Christopher! :flower:

Sorry again Teeny, these small tanks are not forgiving of mistakes. :(

A nice 20 or 25 gallon cube would be the ticket for a new tank, IMO. :)

Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to a bigger, more forgiving tank. Doing a pico was a great challenge and I learned so much about reefing, probably a lot faster than I would have learned from a bigger tank.

I had planned to keep this tank going as long as I could, taking my inspiration from NanoSapiens incredible pico. But in hindsight, I think the ambitious way I set this one up wasn't going to last for years and years. Between dosing, feeding, cleaning, basting, skimming, changing carbon and gfo, changing filter floss, doing water changes, and everything else, I was doing almost as much work on a weekly basis as I would be doing for a much larger tank. Now that I have a chance to start fresh, I'm looking forward to getting a little more return from putting in all that effort :D

OOOOORRRRRR you can use either your frag tank OR the Cadlights as a rock flower only tank :D No dosing, feed once or twice a week with some meaty pieces!

And add some macros! I have some with your name on them :)

omgomgomg I hope someday to have a tank that will grow macros!

Sad, sad day.

The 25G Lagoon is an amazing tank with fun dimensions. If you want to go a different route I can not say better things about the Reefer series. Maybe a Reefer Nano. Pitch it to the wife and say how the equipment will be hidden, looks great and will impress your NR cult. ;)

I'm going to move the 10g tank to my desk, to be the new "little tank" that I look at all the time. The new tank will go where I have the 10g tank now, which is on a sturdy counter on our builtin bookshelves. So I can't go with a manufacturer's stand. But I'm definitely thinking either the IM Lagoon 25, or the bigger IM Fusion 40. Both take up the same space, and will fit in the 24x20 space I have, the 40g is just taller. Right now I'm leaning towards the 40 just for the extra stability and capacity, although that means bigger filtration/skimming/lighting.

OOO! Sumped tank! Teeny, yes. I think the Reefer would be PERFECT! More water volume for more fish :D

I'm tempted by a sumped tank, but honestly, if I'm going to go through the effort and expense of putting in a sump, it's going to be in a bigger tank :D

Polarcollision

Just catching up on your tank. Sorry to hear about the losses. :grouphug: On the bright side, excited to see what you do with 40 gallons.

I guess you don't have to worry about those dinos though!

You made me snort my drink out my nose.

aviator300

Holy EFF!!! this is terrible. :( I can't believe you did this just to have an excuse to rescape the tank!!! ;)

Seriously, though, this is terrible news, and I'm sorry to hear it. I hope you can save most of it. That makes me scared of using the Apex's manual ON. I think it will override emergency programming. Were you set up with those BRS pumps? Maybe in the future you could program 1 of your feed setting to manual dose X ml for making adjustments, and then it will go back to its regular schedule.

Fingers crossed.

This is why I'm hesitant to use automation at all.

aviator300

Just saw about your loss tonight and I'm very sorry. Each time I check though this forum, I always pull up your tanks just for the rush of color they always provide. I'll be following.

So i just got back from camping in Virginia which was wet and cold and crappy all weekend to this news. Teeny i am so sad for this mistake and the sad fate of your tank. I always figured it would take a tank crash disaster for you to upgrade. I am very excited for the new possibilities of your new tank though and cant wait to see what you do with it.

Sorry to hear about the tank......that last pic is a nice one.

Thanks, Jack. It's great excuse to start fresh with something bigger, though :)

Just catching up on your tank. Sorry to hear about the losses. :grouphug: On the bright side, excited to see what you do with 40 gallons.

You made me snort my drink out my nose.

Thanks!

I read that high Ph helps kill dinos. I can now testify that it also kills everything else if you get it high enough to kill dinos :lol:

This is why I'm hesitant to use automation at all.

Just saw about your loss tonight and I'm very sorry. Each time I check though this forum, I always pull up your tanks just for the rush of color they always provide. I'll be following.

Thanks! And yes, I agree, automation can be a bad thing. Of course, if I'd truly automated what I was doing instead of trying to run it manually, there wouldn't have been a problem. One thing is for sure, there's no shortage of ways to crash a tank :rolleyes:

I cried. :(

:flower:

So i just got back from camping in Virginia which was wet and cold and crappy all weekend to this news. Teeny i am so sad for this mistake and the sad fate of your tank. I always figured it would take a tank crash disaster for you to upgrade. I am very excited for the new possibilities of your new tank though and cant wait to see what you do with it.

Thanks!

Man, you did have a crappy weekend to go camping. Where'd you go? I live in Chesapeake and used to go camping in Shenandoah a lot.

Archived