Coral Vue Hydros

TeenyReef's 4g PicoParadise

teenyreef

jedimasterben

Unfortunately anything that is really 'flowy' like that will be aggressive, either with nematocysts like the hammer, or with allelopathy from things like leathers. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. :/

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately anything that is really 'flowy' like that will be aggressive, either with nematocysts like the hammer, or with allelopathy from things like leathers. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. :/

Yeah, that's what I thought too. I was hoping someone more experienced than me would tell me about some magic coral I hadn't thought of :lol:

HarryPotter

Sorry I haven't been posting lately, things got super busy at work - I had to work over the weekend and I've been working late almost every night this week. But I think I'm all caught up now, so I should be able to get some new pictures posted over the weekend.

Things are actually going pretty well right now, even for the zoas. I posted about dipping the top zoa rock a week or two ago, and I also put a few drops of hydrogen peroxide on the zoas on the bottom rock last week, while they were out of the water during a water change. The idea was to try to clear off any bacteria or fungus from them. It seems to have helped, they stayed kind of small after the treatment but were opening pretty consistently, and over the last couple days they've gotten a lot bigger.

I've also continued to slowly but steadily increase the lighting intensity, and I think they're responding favorably. I know the acans are loving life right now, they're getting huge :)

Here's a quick cell phone FTS. I'll try to get one with the big boy camera this weekend :D

24633563794_6cb85b4b5b_b.jpg2016-02-25 Cadlights 4g FTS by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Wow :wub:

Ok, so I've taken the last few evenings reading through this thread. Been busy with work which sucks/is a good job. I wish I could see your tanks in person! I feel like they should be on display somewhere. It's incredible motivation! I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that.

The hammer started another stinger tentacle. I got out the scissors and it's gone now :unsure:

:lol: For real??? Hmmm....never thought of doing that :D.

Sorry I haven't been posting lately, things got super busy at work - I had to work over the weekend and I've been working late almost every night this week. But I think I'm all caught up now, so I should be able to get some new pictures posted over the weekend.

Things are actually going pretty well right now, even for the zoas. I posted about dipping the top zoa rock a week or two ago, and I also put a few drops of hydrogen peroxide on the zoas on the bottom rock last week, while they were out of the water during a water change. The idea was to try to clear off any bacteria or fungus from them. It seems to have helped, they stayed kind of small after the treatment but were opening pretty consistently, and over the last couple days they've gotten a lot bigger.

I've also continued to slowly but steadily increase the lighting intensity, and I think they're responding favorably. I know the acans are loving life right now, they're getting huge :)

Here's a quick cell phone FTS. I'll try to get one with the big boy camera this weekend :D

This is such a beautiful photo, Teeny.

Beautiful tank! One of the ones that inspired me to start :wub:

Thanks! Fingers crossed for your monti cap! fingerscrossed

Thanks! Fingers crossed for your monti cap! fingerscrossed

Thanks! Just fragged it. Already missing the look of it where it was lol

The hammer started another stinger tentacle. I got out the scissors and it's gone now :unsure:

Does anyone have any other ideas? Just get rid of the torch? What could I put in it's place that would have some movement but doesn't sting?

ROFL I love your approach to the stinger tentacle. Like Gena said, for some reason it isn't something that I would have thought of doing.

I'd suggest a neon toadstool to replace the torch with. IDK how much an issue the alleopathy in a tank this size would be, but I think it would be worth it. :D

Ha ha, when I first read that teeny took scissors to the offending tentacle, I thought he was kidding! I did get a chuckle out of it because I would never dream of doing that. Hey, its biblical...if your eye offends you then pluck it out, right?

ROFL I love your approach to the stinger tentacle. Like Gena said, for some reason it isn't something that I would have thought of doing.

:lol: it's such a small tank it was easy to do. It was long stringy tentacle and it was just hanging straight out in the current. Who knows? Maybe the little piece of tentacle will grow a new frag somewhere else after it floated away.

Of course the very next day it grew another one. I snipped it off too. :owned: It hasn't tried to grow any more since then!

Ha ha, when I first read that teeny took scissors to the offending tentacle, I thought he was kidding! I did get a chuckle out of it because I would never dream of doing that. Hey, its biblical...if your eye offends you then pluck it out, right?

I honestly didn't think of it as being any different from pruning a long stringer from a plant :) I think it would be different if my hammer didn't grow like a weed in the first place, though.

I'd suggest a neon toadstool to replace the torch with. IDK how much an issue the alleopathy in a tank this size would be, but I think it would be worth it. :D

Hmmm, that's a great idea! Time to start stalking other tanks to find someone I can trade frags with. I think a nice hammer for a toadstool would be a good trade B)

davidanthony921

Hey teeny.. Any chance you want to sell your 606?

Btw. The tank still looks phenomenal. Ive been following your thread on this and your fusion10 for a long time. I have the 10 and aspire for it to be like your tanks one day but I just got it restarted after a move and 6 month hiatus.

Very professional top. I looks great!

Thanks, Dawn! I'm very happy with it :)

Hey teeny.. Any chance you want to sell your 606?

Btw. The tank still looks phenomenal. Ive been following your thread on this and your fusion10 for a long time. I have the 10 and aspire for it to be like your tanks one day but I just got it restarted after a move and 6 month hiatus.

Thanks! I got the 606 from InTank when StevieT was selling the last few genuine 606's. Sorry, I'm hanging on to it forever :D

What does your weekly WC and dosing consist of? Tank is amazing I have a 4g evolve and I only hope it can get as nice as this tank.

I noticed you upgraded to the CAD very nice tank.

sweetjesus.jpg

Where did you get the top?

What does your weekly WC and dosing consist of? Tank is amazing I have a 4g evolve and I only hope it can get as nice as this tank.

I noticed you upgraded to the CAD very nice tank.

Thanks! I still run the Evolve 4 as a frag tank. I'll try to post a current picture soon.

I usually do a 1g water change once a week, and sometimes do a second one mid-week. I dose Seachem Reef Fusion 1 and 2 in the doser, and manually dose Aquavitro Ions for magnesium every couple weeks. I also dose Acropower and Aquavitro Fuel a couple times a week (one time each).

I've also started dosing NoPoX to reduce nitrates and phosphates. It's done a good job of helping bring down the nitrates, and I'm still waiting for the phosphates to come down.

And please do post pics of the evolve frag tank, do you run the same regiment on that tank? And is that tank skimmer-less

And please do post pics of the evolve frag tank, do you run the same regiment on that tank? And is that tank skimmer-less

I'll try to get some later today when the lights are up all the way.

The tank care routine is pretty much the same, except I don't use NoPox because there's no skimmer. I wish I could run a skimmer on it but the design of the tank with only two chambers means there's no place to run a skimmer.

Archived