Innovative Marine Aquariums

TeenyReef's 4g PicoParadise

teenyreef

Everything has opened up nicely twenty four hours later. I wanted to get a different angle for this picture, so I used the regular kit lens (18-55mm). It's amazing how much sharper the Tamron 90mm macro lens is even for full tank shots. It looks OK in a small image, but you can really tell the difference if you zoom in. I can't use the macro lens from this angle, though, since it has to be about eight feet away and that would put the camera up by the ceiling from this angle :)

17966328543_ae0569960d_b.jpgCAD Lights 4g FTS Post Rescape by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want sexy shrimps too! I need to start a new tank with no zoas...just rics and sexy shrimps and gorgs

Yeah for real good call. My sexy shrimps ate the polyps off of a whole rainbow montipora colony in a matter of a few hours and devoured a variety of Zoas before I could catch them and get them out lol

Nanofreak79

Everything has opened up nicely twenty four hours later. I wanted to get a different angle for this picture, so I used the regular kit lens (18-55mm). It's amazing how much sharper the Tamron 90mm macro lens is even for full tank shots. It looks OK in a small image, but you can really tell the difference if you zoom in. I can't use the macro lens from this angle, though, since it has to be about eight feet away and that would put the camera up by the ceiling from this angle :)

17966328543_ae0569960d_b.jpgCAD Lights 4g FTS Post Rescape by TeenyReef, on Flickr

gorgeous, vibrant tank! love this small pico.

Yeah for real good call. My sexy shrimps ate the polyps off of a whole rainbow montipora colony in a matter of a few hours and devoured a variety of Zoas before I could catch them and get them out lol

Yeah if you don't feed them pellets daily(shrimp pellets) they get all crazy coral eaters. I'm keeping mine in a maxi only tank, no worries.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry, guys! Things have been crazy with work and family, and while I've been keeping up with maintenance, I just haven't had time to keep up on NR.

My zoas have been closing up again lately, and they haven't been opening back up after water changes like they usually do. I need to check my parameters and maybe do a deep cleaning.

With the long holiday weekend coming up I'll have to to clean everything up and hopefully get some new pictures!

Sorry, guys! Things have been crazy with work and family, and while I've been keeping up with maintenance, I just haven't had time to keep up on NR.

My zoas have been closing up again lately, and they haven't been opening back up after water changes like they usually do. I need to check my parameters and maybe do a deep cleaning.

With the long holiday weekend coming up I'll have to to clean everything up and hopefully get some new pictures!

I'm in the same boat ! Glad to hear you didn't leave us!

HarryPotter

Tank is freaking insanity.... I think the nicest Pico I've ever seen!

Only thing is that GSP- don't want it taking over! :scarry::scarry::scarry:

Tank is freaking insanity.... I think the nicest Pico I've ever seen!

Only thing is that GSP- don't want it taking over! :scarry::scarry::scarry:

Thanks! It's hard to tell in that shot, but the GSP is only growing on the back wall. My goal is to get it to take over the back wall, but not the rocks fingerscrossed

Excited for more pics!

You have such an amazing pico :bowdown:

Thank you!

How did I miss this super incredible, perfect looking pico? Your colors are outstanding. :wub:

Thanks, FlowerMama! Your tanks have always been an inspiration for me :happy:

Missed ya!!!

Thanks, Stella! I need to catch up on your tank threads - love the avatar for the new tank :wub:

I still haven't cleaned the tank, but I've notice that in the morning, for a couple hours after the lights come on, nearly all the zoas open up and look fine. After two hours or so, though, a lot of them close back up.

I haven't changed lighting or anything, so I still think it's probably just dirty tank syndrome. But has anybody else seen zoas act like this?

Meanwhile, I took a few macro shots with the cell phone tonight after feeding the tank.

Acan full o' brine shrimp:

18802622464_e51fb3b4ba_b.jpgBlue/Green Acan by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Nassarius snail saying "hi":

19237563408_9a3003868e_b.jpgNassarius by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Green Banded Goby #1 (I really need to name these guys...):

19425130875_0edd1533eb_b.jpgGBG #1 by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Archived