Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

TeenyReef's 4g PicoParadise

teenyreef

Lauraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Here's an "interim" FTS. Things are MUCH better now after the cleaning last night. This is the third time since I started this tank that I've completely removed and cleaned the sand, and every time the results have been like magic :)

The birdsnest is still recovering from all the black clown goby love, but it's way better than it was just a few days ago.

I'll be adding zoas and fish in another day or so :ninja:

16808687549_430368c1f6_b.jpgCAD Lights 4G FTS - 31 March 2015 by TeenyReef, on Flickr

I think some zoas should on the rock under the GSP.
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks great! What did you use to get at the green algae on the bottom front glass? I'm having some build up there too and the nanomag is struggling.

That's awesome! So glad it works so well for you :). And of course it still looks like perfection :happy:.

Thanks, Gena! :flower:

I think some zoas should on the rock under the GSP.

Yep, that's one of the spots I'm targeting ;)

How often do you feed the sexy shrimp???

I feed the tank daily, and they just scavenge whatever they can get. I feed various meaty foods to the corals about every two or three days, and pellets for the fish on the off days. I don't broadcast a whole lot, but there's still plenty of "wasted" food scattered around for them, along with the starfish and they pom pom crab. And all the pods and worms and snails, too :)

Looks great! What did you use to get at the green algae on the bottom front glass? I'm having some build up there too and the nanomag is struggling.

Thanks! Since I had the tank completely empty, sitting on the kitchen counter, it was easy to clean it up. I used a small piece of magic eraser, which cleaned it right up without any risk of scratching. Then I rinsed everything out with old tank water.

Well looking forward to seeing the new additions

I spent the evening adding some of the new corals that have been sitting in the frag rack in the 10g tank. :happydance:

It took a while because I wanted to get a really good glue bond, so I drained half the water out of the tank so that I wasn't gluing underwater.

Then after I filled the tank back up and started looking at it, I realized I could put in a few more, so I did it all over again.

Then I did it again. :unsure:

So, at last count, I've added searchlight, tyree rasta, bam bam, dalmatian, and LC nightwalker zoas, and a frogspawn. Oh, and also a small rainbow acan that somehow kept getting unglued in the 10g tank. I figured it wanted to go for an adventure :)

Here's a picture with lots of pissed off corals, but I've circled where the new corals are. Hopefully by tomorrow I can get a new picture when everything comes back out.

16818035118_676dff4e81_b.jpgNew Corals by TeenyReef, on Flickr

I spent the evening adding some of the new corals that have been sitting in the frag rack in the 10g tank. :happydance:

It took a while because I wanted to get a really good glue bond, so I drained half the water out of the tank so that I wasn't gluing underwater.

Then after I filled the tank back up and started looking at it, I realized I could put in a few more, so I did it all over again.

Then I did it again. :unsure:

So, at last count, I've added searchlight, tyree rasta, bam bam, dalmatian, and LC nightwalker zoas, and a frogspawn. Oh, and also a small rainbow acan that somehow kept getting unglued in the 10g tank. I figured it wanted to go for an adventure :)

Here's a picture with lots of pissed off corals, but I've circled where the new corals are. Hopefully by tomorrow I can get a new picture when everything comes back out.

16818035118_676dff4e81_b.jpgNew Corals by TeenyReef, on Flickr

I almost forgot - the green banded gobies are out of the quarantine tank! :wub:

16980020296_0c25dfea63_b.jpgGreen Banded Gobies by TeenyReef, on Flickr

those duncans look huge for the tank! any names for the GBGs?

those duncans look huge for the tank! any names for the GBGs?

No names yet. They have to survive the first 48 hours before they officially exist :)

New FTS for April! Everything looks much better than last night, and much better than it has pretty much since the beginning of last month. The radical cleaning session last night really paid off :happydance:

17016017205_0c0d3c043c_b.jpg4g CAD Lights FTS 02 April 2015 by TeenyReef, on Flickr

New gobies. I guess I need to name them :)

17014569622_4e09f46b17_b.jpgGobies and Acans by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Searchlights and new Bam Bam zoas (to replace the old ones that melted)

16828494100_08c8612713_b.jpgLots O' Corals (Searchlight Zoas) by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Tyree Rastas

16990028876_fd960b32e8_b.jpgTyree Rastas by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Frogspawn (moved from the 10g tank)

16393598194_0eac28e76c_b.jpgFrogspawn by TeenyReef, on Flickr

New FTS for April! Everything looks much better than last night, and much better than it has pretty much since the beginning of last month. The radical cleaning session last night really paid off :happydance:

17016017205_0c0d3c043c_b.jpg4g CAD Lights FTS 02 April 2015 by TeenyReef, on Flickr

New gobies. I guess I need to name them :)

17014569622_4e09f46b17_b.jpgGobies and Acans by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Searchlights and new Bam Bam zoas (to replace the old ones that melted)

16828494100_08c8612713_b.jpgLots O' Corals (Searchlight Zoas) by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Tyree Rastas

16990028876_fd960b32e8_b.jpgTyree Rastas by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Frogspawn (moved from the 10g tank)

16393598194_0eac28e76c_b.jpgFrogspawn by TeenyReef, on Flickr

That frogspawn looks like a hammer. ;)
skyscraper2290

I was gonna say isn't that a hammer coral? Besides the point though, all the new additions look great, and once again superb photography. Your tank really wants me to start a more pico sized tank of my own with of course nanobox lighting.

I was gonna say isn't that a hammer coral? Besides the point though, all the new additions look great, and once again superb photography. Your tank really wants me to start a more pico sized tank of my own with of course nanobox lighting.

You guys are right :lol: I don't know why I was calling it a frogspawn :rolleyes:

And...thanks!

And...DO IT!!!

Those green banded gobies are wonderful

I agree :wub:

That frogspawn looks like a hammer. ;)

Ummm...yep :)

skyscraper2290

Haha I plan on doing it once I have a bit more stable living situation where I known I won't have to move for a while.

I almost forgot - the green banded gobies are out of the quarantine tank! :wub:

16980020296_0c25dfea63_b.jpgGreen Banded Gobies by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Very nice. I just got a pair and they are hilarious little fish. One of my fatties was walking around with a piece of mysis in their mouth twice their size. Shaking their head like a ferocious beast.

EEK! Those tiny little gobies are sooooo cute!

Their bands just glow!

Such cuties! My wife's words not mine

Very nice. I just got a pair and they are hilarious little fish. One of my fatties was walking around with a piece of mysis in their mouth twice their size. Shaking their head like a ferocious beast.

Thanks, everyone! I think green banded gobies are just some of the best fish for a pico aquarium. There's really nothing not to like - as long as you have a good lid for the tank :)

loving it - so vibrant!

Thanks! Hope you're able to get your tank started soon!

Archived