Top Shelf Aquatics

TeenyReef's 4g PicoParadise

teenyreef

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grats kid on the TOTM win. I can call you kid because you're 5 months younger than me. :lol:

Really though, the writeup was great, and I'm envious of the talent it takes to keep these small tanks healthy. Great job!

Thanks so much, everyone! I'm out of town this week and haven't been able to catch up yet. I'm looking forward to responding when I get some free time!

Congrats on your TOTM win! Very well-earned. This little pico makes me so dang jealous! It makes my 10g, over 2 times its size, look like filthy pond of scum and garbage and dead people.

Congrats on your TOTM win! Very well-earned. This little pico makes me so dang jealous! It makes my 10g, over 2 times its size, look like filthy pond of scum and garbage and dead people.

:lol:

I'm back in town after working all last week in Kauai :happydance: Still jet lagged, though :eek:

The tank had a bunch of brown algae on the sand and glass, along with lots of baby pods. The flame skirt zoas, which were receding after the last week out of town, were completely melted when I got back :( Also, the new zoas I posted on the last page were only about half open, and the bam bam zoas seem to be receding a bit.

Alkalinity was low (about 7.0) but not too bad, so the doser seems to be working OK. Other than that, everything else seems to have done just fine.

I moved the new zoas back into the 10g tank and they've already opened back up :) I finally got the water changed tonight, and I put a little hydrogen peroxide on the bam bam zoas. Hopefully they'll make a recovery once the water quality improves.

I'm hoping to get caught up with all your posts and everything that's been going on for the past week or so tomorrow, but it's going to be a busy day! There are goodies coming from Legendary Corals (finally!), as well a five green banded gobies from Ebay! omgomgomg

No new pictures yet, but I'll see if I can find a picture from Kauai :)

I worked pretty much every day in Kauai but did get an hour or two here and there to do a little site seeing. The first picture is Waiamea Canyon, also know as the Grand Canyon of the West. The second is of the beautiful koi ponds at the hotel :)

16565305377_0916d82feb_b.jpgWaiamea Canyon by TeenyReef, on Flickr

16772575725_c3cb9b224d_b.jpgKoi Pond by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Lauraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Waiamea Canyon is such a beautiful place, all of Hawaii is. I am going to Maui next month wish my tank good luck!

work trip to kauai? wow.

and you know, i never knew how pissy zoas were

until my bam bams gave up on me. i finally had to

throw them away. :( the RDE seem to be doing okay.

sorry about the melts while you were away. aiii!

glad everything else is okay though!

still no sign of my gbg. i saw him for 1.5 days.

ah well. :(

Congrats!!! TOTM party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Ninja! I'm thinking about starting vodka dosing :)

Congrats

Thanks - your tank is looking so cool. I can't wait to see how it looks when the frags grow out.

Wow this tank is incredible and inspiring.

:blush: Thank you, and good luck with your new tank!

Congrats on your TOTM!!!!!! Such a wonderful little tank :) also loved your write up on it.

MOAR ZOAS! But I had to move the new ones back over to the 10g. I don't understand what it is about this tank that the zoas don't like. The established ones still seem to be doing OK, but there's still something not quite right in this tank. Looks like that's my next reefkeeping experience :)

Congrats on TOTM Teeny!

It's looking spectacular!

Thanks, Roger - your turn is coming, I'm sure. Do you have to be actually living with your tank to get TOTM? :lol:

work trip to kauai? wow.

and you know, i never knew how pissy zoas were

until my bam bams gave up on me. i finally had to

throw them away. :( the RDE seem to be doing okay.

sorry about the melts while you were away. aiii!

glad everything else is okay though!

still no sign of my gbg. i saw him for 1.5 days.

ah well. :(

So sad for your gbg :tears: But I'm very happy about your feather duster :)

Archived