Innovative Marine Aquariums

Begow's Life // 60 Shallow Rimless // Got my Scoly back!

Begow

he's probably gonna give you a refund ONLY IF USPS gives him back a refund...did you save the box it shipped in? You will need to take a picture of that and focus on area that show the box was mishandled...like a fold / tear / hole / etc. Then you have to provide picture of the packing material inside to show the shipper carefully packed it. I had to do this with my first tank that came in damaged.

Sadly there was no packing materials at all. And the box was intact, but very form fitting. So I can see how it would have been damaged. Thinking I'm just going to do the Paypal dispute, like you said, he will probably only refund me if he gets one and from what I've read, he's probably not going to get one with how poorly it was protected.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reefmaster1996

listen from somebody with expiernece,

no offense or anything, just do a paypal dispute, usps is never going to give him a refund for not packing the light well, and secondly if they do it takes forever, weeks, to months, in a paypal dispute if they side with you which they almost always side with the buyer, as long as you tell the truth and state he did not pack it well, then I assure you paypal will hold the seller accountable and refund you the money. This may cause some friction but remain calm and always remember the seller is responsible for shipping damages and the product not being as described. You are in the right in starting a complaint, if worrse comes to worse just tell the guy that it came in not as described and that you didnt pay for a broken fixture, st ay calm and assertive and you will be fine.

Do the PP dispute. You can always cancel it. Msg him and let him know you are doing it to protect your own ass and as long as he fixes the situation you will cancel it.

listen from somebody with expiernece,

no offense or anything, just do a paypal dispute, usps is never going to give him a refund for not packing the light well, and secondly if they do it takes forever, weeks, to months, in a paypal dispute if they side with you which they almost always side with the buyer, as long as you tell the truth and state he did not pack it well, then I assure you paypal will hold the seller accountable and refund you the money. This may cause some friction but remain calm and always remember the seller is responsible for shipping damages and the product not being as described. You are in the right in starting a complaint, if worrse comes to worse just tell the guy that it came in not as described and that you didnt pay for a broken fixture, st ay calm and assertive and you will be fine.

Do the PP dispute. You can always cancel it. Msg him and let him know you are doing it to protect your own ass and as long as he fixes the situation you will cancel it.

Just opened the case, should I escalate it? Or just see what happens?

Reefmaster1996

Let him know and wait to see what PayPal ask you to do, they will email you and also check on thier case info section

At first the case is between you and him, if he doesn't help you out Ina reasonable amount of time, read the terms and conditions on cases to clarify how long he has to refund you and let him know that too, then if he doesn't follow the PayPal refund terms, you can escalate the case and that's when a rep sees your case and makes a final decision

This is what I said in the dispute section:

"I bought this light as new. Since receiving it, three of the bulbs do not light up and multiple brackets are snapped or warped. One of the bulbs sparks and smokes, which makes me think it's probably not safe to use. The light was packaged in a cardboard box with no foam or bubble wrapping, so I can only assume it was damaged during shipping. While USPS will cover him, my money is still wasted. I am asking for a refund of the price, not including shipping. I can ship back if he pays for postage if need be. This light simply doesn't work, I've provided photos to the seller."

Just opened the case, should I escalate it? Or just see what happens?

Escalate that bitch! No sense waiting a week for a response. He can end the case at anytime by refunding you. Once awarded in your favor you will have to send it back with tracking. Once tracking shows delivered Paypal will issue the refund.

In my experience pp is really good about protecting buyers. They will automatically be on your side until the seller can prove otherwise.

Sweet, thanks.

Good call on filing the dispute. Hope it works out. Your boy is a cutie patootie!

Escalate that bitch! No sense waiting a week for a response. He can end the case at anytime by refunding you. Once awarded in your favor you will have to send it back with tracking. Once tracking shows delivered Paypal will issue the refund.

Lol, going to give it till tomorrow evening.

Reefmaster1996

That's a good call considering this guy lives driving distance from you, take it easy and you should be fine lol

Don't listen to lawnman

That's a good call considering this guy lives driving distance from you, take it easy and you should be fine lol

Don't listen to lawnman

Well I'm going to probably escalate it today, he's asking for more pictures for USPS. The issue is he didn't use any packing materials at all, so I doubt they are going to cover it. He still is claiming it looks fine, although three bulbs don't light and one sparks and smokes.

In other news I got the tank drained today and have all my rock in a bucket with heater and jebao (besides the blenny's rock) and then I have all my fish/shrimp in a cooler with a heater and the stock pump from the Fusion 20.

I'm going to buy the plumbing tonight for the tank, and plumb it tomorrow morning, so tonight I'm going to work on getting the water all made. I have about ~30 gallons of fresh water made for now, but need obviously another 40-50. Hopefully the tank can get up and running ASAP.

Is it going to be super detrimental if I have the 5 fish and a shrimp in a cooler for a day or two?

This is why I've never bought anything used from anyone... ever...

I do hope you get your money back!!

Me too!!! Blah. I've spent $40 on my LFS keeping my corals in their system for me so far, I can't keep spending on that!

Here is the tank set up in the house today:

kxwTCAh.jpg

I honestly am not sure with how I think it looks in my tiny house. I'm feeling a little discouraged at this point. The tank seems too large for my house, and I'm still nervous my fish will not do well in that cooler for a few days.

Looks good to me. Is there room to pull the sofa to the right and the tank to the left a little bit?

To the right of the couch there is a door about 12 inches away or so.

Looks good to me. Is there room to pull the sofa to the right and the tank to the left a little bit?

I was just gonna suggest the same thing!

It doesn't look too big to me, just that the couch and tank ate very close together. It'll be a good viewing spot, but make sure you have space enough to get around in there for cleaning.

This said from the girl who has to climb over a cat tree to get to her bedroom window... Crowded areas dont bother me, but you don't want to be wishing the tank was in a different spot once its filled.

This said from the girl who has to climb over a cat tree to get to her bedroom window... Crowded areas dont bother me, but you don't want to be wishing the tank was in a different spot once its filled.

^This. I'm assuming the doorways have molding around them, if so, you could pull the tank and the sofa in each direction until their aligned with the edge of the molding and you should be fine. Get a small table to stick in the corner with a table lamp and it's all good.

I was just gonna suggest the same thing!

It doesn't look too big to me, just that the couch and tank ate very close together. It'll be a good viewing spot, but make sure you have space enough to get around in there for cleaning.

^This. I'm assuming the doorways have molding around them, if so, you could pull the tank and the sofa in each direction until their aligned with the edge of the molding and you should be fine. Get a small table to stick in the corner with a table lamp and it's all good.

Thanks guys, I'll try moving it around once I'm home tonight.

Also, does anyone have any recomendation for flow in this tank? Jebao preferred until I can afford my Gyre. WP series is what I prefer, price point is great and I hate the auto dimming feature of the RW series.

I'm still nervous my fish will not do well in that cooler for a few days.

Should be fine as long as there is a little LR in here for biological filtration.

Still not sure hat I should do about lighting either.

My local LFS has a T5 fixture that's used for $100, but I still have this one that I would love to work!

michaelrzachmann

wooooo those tank dimensions are dopeeee cant wait to see this shit up and runnin... tank cant be too big for room unless you cant open doors because of it

wooooo those tank dimensions are dopeeee cant wait to see this shit up and runnin... tank cant be too big for room unless you cant open doors because of it

Yeah I'm pretty stoked as well.

Tonight I ordered a 300W Eheim TruTemp heater, and that should be here soon. Tonight I'm going to paint the back of the 60, and get it all cleaned up. I also have my LFS owner coming over tonight to take a look at the tank to see how he wants to plumb it. He wants to use unions and backfills which will be cool.

Trying to decide on a color for the tank back. What do you guys think? Blue, Black, white? I'm really leaning toward white or black.

lilmatty5dimes

i like the black look. imho. your lfs is correct with plumbing. i used unions and ball values. probably why it cost me almost $120 just in plumbing. lol here's a few pics of the plumbing i did. photo is a lil dark but should help maybe.

IMG_7983_zps9eec7cc4.jpg

this one is a lil better and clearer. pipe on the left is my return. union is there so if i needed to do maintenance on the pump i was able to do so. ball value is to have full control of the output of the return. then followed up by another union if i need to do something with the bulkhead. the drain is basically the same thing.

IMG_7977_zps4d0d79ec.jpg

do you have a sump?

Archived