ReefCleaners.org

Begow's Life // 60 Shallow Rimless // Got my Scoly back!

Begow

Oh wow, great idea. I have some nice frags already too.

I feed Rod's Herbivore Blend and Marine One Pellets rarely.

I love it, besides how tough they are to light.

thats my biggest concern. I already have a reef breeders value fixture. Wondering if I ordered another one if that would be enough light

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, need to proofread this time. Does the cardinal touch the pellets?

He's the best eater in the tank, he eats literally anything and everything I put in the tank. I try to feed him on the opposite side of the tank so the other fish have a chance of getting the food.

thats my biggest concern. I already have a reef breeders value fixture. Wondering if I ordered another one if that would be enough light

As long as they can do 48" of coverage. I'm going to stick with T5, because LED's never give me growth. I might supplement for color but that's it.

lilmatty5dimes

Looks good. I like the idea of acan island. I would try and sell the scoly personal and get a 40b and make your own baffles the way you want it. I had that sump on my 150g and had an exterior pump and it was a pita. Then look for a used sca 302 skimmer and and you'll be set.

Looks good. I like the idea of acan island. I would try and sell the scoly personal and get a 40b and make your own baffles the way you want it. I had that sump on my 150g and had an exterior pump and it was a pita. Then look for a used sca 302 skimmer and and you'll be set.

Are you on that Facebook group? So it's a POS? If so I'll tell the guy to not come.

lilmatty5dimes

its something like this right? the first section is where the filter socks were and you weren't able to put anything else in there. i like putting the skimmer with the socks to reduce the micro bubbles. middle part was a lil refugium and then the skimmer. i guess its all what you like but with getting a 40b you can buy some baffles and make what you like.

72E15D51-10DA-4210-AE17-2037FE36C225-480

7FAF4EF0-DD26-431A-8167-C7B5752CEEE8-552

here's the one i did.

IMG_7907_zpsc8b3dd14.jpg

IMG_7905_zps8c077ffa.jpg

its something like this right? the first section is where the filter socks were and you weren't able to put anything else in there. i like putting the skimmer with the socks to reduce the micro bubbles. middle part was a lil refugium and then the skimmer. i guess its all what you like but with getting a 40b you can buy some baffles and make what you like.

72E15D51-10DA-4210-AE17-2037FE36C225-480

7FAF4EF0-DD26-431A-8167-C7B5752CEEE8-552

here's the one i did.

IMG_7907_zpsc8b3dd14.jpg

IMG_7905_zps8c077ffa.jpg

Gotcha, Idk yet, I'm going to take a look at it. It just seems like a good deal. Sump and skimmer ya know? I really need mechanical filtration and on this rubbermaid I can't get that. I'm drip acclimating all of my coral now. Should be in the tank soon.

Pictures of my corals acclimating, and some good shots of my coral. I got to use my new Auqa Gadget Drip Acclimation system which is amazzzzingggg! Thanks again SS!

sNLqIAX.jpg

aFupGEj.jpg

Reef Tech Cap

RaXOSNy.jpg

ORA Birdsnest

uIjoxAV.jpg

Blue Hornets I'm considering trading for Utter Chaos (my favorite paly)

rBeVc2P.jpg

Small updates:

New business card:

89EbVs3.jpg

OTVNoT5.jpg

Front and back obviously.

Some family pictures:

HJpitb8.jpg

TfMR4E9.jpg

Tank pictures:

Good polyp extension:

PkFhUAS.jpg

Scary pic :P

XtW7iOB.jpg

New Mille, still not all the way happy (this was 10 minutes in)

QFlBaoG.jpg

corals are looking good. love the green carpet. and lovely family picture. love the new business cards.

Thanks bud, I'm actually looking at selling the carpet soon. Too scared for my blenny and hawkfish.

At this point I'm looking to sell my tank, have it marked to $150 this weekend, I paid $315 for the tank with upgrades. I'm also willing to trade the tank for frags and corals, but no takers yet! Shit is crazy! I also am looking to trade some of my corals for high end zoanthids or chalice.

No buyers, le sigh.

Pictures of my corals acclimating, and some good shots of my coral. I got to use my new Auqa Gadget Drip Acclimation system which is amazzzzingggg! Thanks again SS!

You don't need to acclimate corals. Dip them, rinse, and drop them in the tank.

You don't need to acclimate corals. Dip them, rinse, and drop them in the tank.

I drip acclimate everything that I put into my tank. My LFS Beyer dips everything so I just drip acclimate then put them in, a 20 minute drip acclimate.

I drip acclimate everything that I put into my tank. My LFS Beyer dips everything so I just drip acclimate then put them in, a 20 minute drip acclimate.

Yeah, I was just letting you know that there is no need to acclimate corals. I would also suggest that you dip EVERYTHING coral that goes into your tank, even if your LFS dips. You never know what might find it's way in.

jedimasterben

Yeah, I was just letting you know that there is no need to acclimate corals. I would also suggest that you dip EVERYTHING coral that goes into your tank, even if your LFS dips. You never know what might find it's way in.

This. They may do it on orders from wholesalers A, B, and C, but don't dip anything from hobbyists, or if they forget to do it once then it's all over anyway.

And you only need to drip acclimate very sensitive invertebrates such as starfish. Everything else, match temp and drop in.

This. They may do it on orders from wholesalers A, B, and C, but don't dip anything from hobbyists, or if they forget to do it once then it's all over anyway.

And you only need to drip acclimate very sensitive invertebrates such as starfish. Everything else, match temp and drop in.

I guess I should look into getting some dip then, that's a good point guys.

Today the tank looks on point man, blown away. I think tomorrow I'm planning a trip to World Wide Corals to look for some new LPS probably. Wife is down to go for some odd reason haha.

I picked these up today from the Jason Fox sale:

I got this Jason Fox Mr. Alien Chalice for $1:

WXvKVno.jpg

I also got these Jason Fox Fruity O's for $49:

9fm0qh7.jpg

Tomorrow I'm meeting with a guy to give him my 20 gallon for; 5+ Polyps of Sunny D's, 6+ Polyps of Rastas, 3+ Polyps of Salted Agaves, Sunset Monti Frag, and a Mini Colony of GARF Bonsai. Really excited.

Some coral pics:

d4RNePV.jpg

INApLmv.jpg

New baby Sailfin, before the tang police strike.... he's smaller than my clowns until fluffed up, and he will be re-homed when he grows. Which in my experience can take a long ass time.

wuGmK96.jpg

FLGj0Rt.jpg

TEYQNBD.jpg

Kzy1NFM.jpg

cwR6ff7.jpg

GARF Bonsai that's browned out but has FULL polyp extension in my tank and I'm faithful it'll color up:

pSIDsEG.jpg

My boy and I over this weekend:

47jdhTJ.jpg

fU31iSv.jpg

gkmYHHf.jpg

And now I am on the hunt for a CB Mummy's Eye Chalice. I want one so bad, I have some coral for trade on local facebook posts. WIsh me luck!

Archived