Pod Your Reef

Dawn's seahorse garden. Farewell 36g bowfront!

vlangel

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sk8n Reefer

Great video Dawn, I am so happy for you and the pony's ? You should be commended for your efforts - just another reason why you were TOTM ?

This video is 3 and a half minutes. I know thats a bit long but i just couldn't stop watching them but you are allowed!

I just have to enjoy this video a bit longer!

Great video Dawn, I am so happy for you and the pony's You should be commended for your efforts - just another reason why you were TOTM

Ahh thanks Scott! I just hope that i haven't jumped the gun and put Eve in too soon!

Ahh thanks Scott! I just hope that i haven't jumped the gun and put Eve in too soon!

:) I think I've watched it at least 5 times :)

Sk8n Reefer

It will probably help getting them back together and having a normal life again ?

Wow, YOU really do love them!

:lol: YES! They're my favorite pair to watch on NR :) I tune into Dawn's channel looking for videos frequently :)

It will probably help getting them back together and having a normal life again

I agree, i think there is something to be said about maintaining or getting back to normalcy after an illness, (for all living creatures).:-)

:lol: YES! They're my favorite pair to watch on NR :) I tune into Dawn's channel looking for videos frequently :)

O my goodness, i am flattered, or i should say my ponies are. Ha ha, if it weren't for Adam and Eve probably nobody would tune in! They are definitely the stars.☆

Yes, they sure are a lot of work. Nobody is gonna read my thread and think they are easy, which is good. They will know what the seahorse experience is like- both the joys and the pain.

I always think of them holding hands when they hitch their tails together too. Adam still didn't eat well yesterday but i think he was just too crazy excited to eat. Eve however ate enough for the both of them. She always was the chow hound of the pair.

They are looking good so i hope its smooth sailing from here.

This is why I love your thread! You're so honest about all of it and you spend just as much time discussing the bad as the good. Definitely gives people a really straight forward impression of keeping seahorses, which is really important :)

Adam looks like he's pretty filled in and healthy, so I'm sure him being a bit picky for a meal or two won't hurt him any. They're both super healthy looking!

This is why I love your thread! You're so honest about all of it and you spend just as much time discussing the bad as the good. Definitely gives people a really straight forward impression of keeping seahorses, which is really important :)

Adam looks like he's pretty filled in and healthy, so I'm sure him being a bit picky for a meal or two won't hurt him any. They're both super healthy looking!

I should try to get a pic of Eve's ulcer so any budding seahorse enthusiasts know what to be on the look out for.

I should try to get a pic of Eve's ulcer so any budding seahorse enthusiasts know what to be on the look out for.

Yeah this would probably be really good for people considering keeping seahorses or just starting out with them. I'd like to see how it looks now too!

Yeah this would probably be really good for people considering keeping seahorses or just starting out with them. I'd like to see how it looks now too!

I will try to get a pic when the lights come on.

I love how even KB was curious about the reunion. :)

Ha ha, that is so funny that you noticed that, Mirya. I didn't catch that until i watched the video but you are right, KB does seem curious. I wonder if KB remembers Eve or if he even noticed that she was gone?

My romance minded stallion is having a hard time getting his mind off of love long enough to eat. I moved Eve earlier than i wanted because i was worried that he was not eating well because he was pining for Eve. Now when he and Eve are at the food bowl together, her proximity makes him forget about his stomach and start to think of things more romantic. How am i going to get my love-sick pony to eat better? He is so bad that he is letting nassarius snails out compete him for food! Today has been a little better. Lets hope the trend continues.

cloakerpoked

My romance minded stallion is having a hard time getting his mind off of love long enough to eat. I moved Eve earlier than i wanted because i was worried that he was not eating well because he was pining for Eve. Now when he and Eve are at the food bowl together, her proximity makes him forget about his stomach and start to think of things more romantic. How am i going to get my love-sick pony to eat better? He is so bad that he is letting nassarius snails out compete him for food! Today has been a little better. Lets hope the trend continues.

Too much for me. I have enough drama with my middle schoolers and their hormones to sign up to have to deal with it in my aquarium too!

How's Eve doing today?

Eve is doing great. Her spot appears to be fading and she is eating like a horse. Its Adam that has me concerned. All he can think about is courting Eve! Even at the food dish he gets distracted and instead of getting down to chowing on mysis he starts displaying his pouched all flushed and full. I guess he wont starve himself to death for love but he has lost a little weight which concerns me.

Too much for me. I have enough drama with my middle schoolers and their hormones to sign up to have to deal with it in my aquarium too!

Ha ha, i will take it in the aquarium anyday over dramatic middle schoolers! Been there done that, remember?

Eve is doing great. Her spot appears to be fading and she is eating like a horse. Its Adam that has me concerned. All he can think about is courting Eve! Even at the food dish he gets distracted and instead of getting down to chowing on mysis he starts displaying his pouched all flushed and full. I guess he wont starve himself to death for love but he has lost a little weight which concerns me.

:) He's a typical guy!

:) He's a typical guy!

Yes, and that typical guy is now in a full blown dance with his lady. Maybe tonight he will be eating for 200! Ha ha!

At Polarcollision's suggestion i dipped all the polyps, (yellow polyps, gsp and clove polyps)in straight 3% hydrogen peroxide as they were doing so poorly i had nothing to lose. I am hoping for the best.

Is it me or did he really puff up his chest when he saw her, then he was like woman this belly needs some babies, where you bin?

Very cute reunion video.

You called it Kat cause i just took a video of him opening up that belly so much you can almost see in it! I will be downloading it shortly so stayed tuned!

20160319_151004_zpsgorkje1w.jpg

Here is a pic of Eve's spot that i was treating. This angle made it look worse than it does but i kept it because you can see it well.

Ok folks, this video is a bit explicit so watch at your own discretion. You will get an up close and personal view of seahorses sporting with one another!

They are so in love! Isn't it just the sweetest?

Yes it is! I'm glad they are both doing so much better! I loved when Adam swam around Eve in a circle. He is very much in love with her.

Archived