Pod Your Reef

Dawn's seahorse garden. Farewell 36g bowfront!

vlangel

Hey everyone, check out cloakerpoked 40g breeder! That is my son's new tank and he is the one who got me into coral. Prior to that I mostly just did FOWLR tanks.

How cool! I'm going to go check it out now :)

And that is wonderful news on Eve!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How cool! I'm going to go check it out now :)

And that is wonderful news on Eve!

Yes, it is wonderful that Eve is going in the right direction. :-)

Nate was very active on the local club forum of RC when he lived in Pittsburgh. I encouraged him to try N-R because I know there are other members in the Charlotte area plus I think this is the best forum for friendly folks!

Vlangel, U have been a real influence for many, including myself and my Wife. If it weren't for your educating us on SH care and needs, we would most assuredly done the wrong thing.

We are so glad to hear that things are finally on the up and up! Ur a great care taker, source of knowledge and spokes person for the Ponies.

Keep up the great work! :wizard::bowdown::flower::lockdown:

Mike and Shar

Vlangel, U have been a real influence for many, including myself and my Wife. If it weren't for your educating us on SH care and needs, we would most assuredly done the wrong thing.

We are so glad to hear that things are finally on the up and up! Ur a great care taker, source of knowledge and spokes person for the Ponies.

Keep up the great work! :wizard::bowdown::flower::lockdown:

Mike and Shar

Ahh, I am so touched Mike and Shar. I am glad if I can help folks be more informed about seahorses. I should probably document (pics included) to show everyone my hospital set up. Its pretty bare bones but seems to do the trick.

Eve is still looking good and eating like a champ. I was warned that sulfa drugs can have negative side effects if used too long or too much. I have used the triple sulfa for 2 rounds so since Eve is improving and eating well, I think I will discontinue the use of the antibiotic and just put her in clean freshly mixed salt water every day and see if her own immunity can take it from here? So much of this is a guessing game but I can watch her and her ulcer closely to see how it is affected.

Tanks looking great and that is good news about Eve

Thanks Scott. Yeah, the tank is not what it was but it still looks pretty good. I guess there is give and take and in my tank the corals give and the seahorses take. And it is very good news about Eve. I got pretty discouraged at one point and was feeling like I was going to lose her and maybe even Adam too when he was pining for her. He still swims around the tank looking for her which is sad. Hopefully they have a glorious reunion coming up!

Eve is still looking good and eating like a champ. I was warned that sulfa drugs can have negative side effects if used too long or too much. I have used the triple sulfa for 2 rounds so since Eve is improving and eating well, I think I will discontinue the use of the antibiotic and just put her in clean freshly mixed salt water every day and see if her own immunity can take it from here? So much of this is a guessing game but I can watch her and her ulcer closely to see how it is affected.

I think it sounds like a great plan! :)

Sk8n Reefer

that's a sad story- I bet he is frantic looking for her- how long do you think before she can be fully recovered and reunited? Is he eating?

that's a sad story- I bet he is frantic looking for her- how long do you think before she can be fully recovered and reunited? Is he eating?

I hate seeing him so restlessly swimming around. It is sad and I have read that in the wild, seahorses will grieve the loss of their mates for a full season. He is however eating well and he colors up for me when I bring his food. Those are good signs so I think he will be ok.

Eve's condition is looking promising. She still has a very definite ulcer so I want to see it improve more before I return her to the display. It doesn't have to be totally gone but my instinct tells me that it needs to heal more.

I somehow don't think I would be doing right by Adam to return Eve, only to be forced into removing her again because she was not healed enough.

I hate seeing him so restlessly swimming around. It is sad and I have read that in the wild, seahorses will grieve the loss of their mates for a full season. He is however eating well and he colors up for me when I bring his food. Those are good signs so I think he will be ok.

Eve's condition is looking promising. She still has a very definite ulcer so I want to see it improve more before I return her to the display. It doesn't have to be totally gone but my instinct tells me that it needs to heal more.

I somehow don't think I would be doing right by Adam to return Eve, only to be forced into removing her again because she was not healed enough.

I'm glad to hear she is doing so much better! :)

Follow your instincts :). Will Adam know her when she returns? I'm imagining them intertwining their bodies and dancing when she comes back to him :D.

Smart creatures, they seem to be!

Follow your instincts :). Will Adam know her when she returns? I'm imagining them intertwining their bodies and dancing when she comes back to him :D.Smart creatures, they seem to be!

I have no doubt he will know her and I expect that he will be very happy. He has always been the more demonstrative affection-wise of the two. And yes I think he will probably dance for joy when she comes back. They are smart and incredibly sweet.

I have no doubt he will know her and I expect that he will be very happy. He has always been the more demonstrative affection-wise of the two. And yes I think he will probably dance for joy when she comes back. They are smart and incredibly sweet.

Maybe you should video the reunion :).
Sk8n Reefer

Oh my Gena- that's exactly what I was thinking as I read Dawn's reply.......a video off the reunion would be super cool!

Oh my Gena- that's exactly what I was thinking as I read Dawn's reply.......a video off the reunion would be super cool!

With a love song playing in the backround, except I am not techy enough to know how to do that.

With a love song playing in the backround, except I am not techy enough to know how to do that.

Just have the music on in the background. Find a good love song on youtube and turn up the volume LOL.
cloakerpoked

Sounds a little riske to me, I'll stick with my acros, where the craziest thing you have is a pocillipora spawning event.

I'm glad Eve is doing better. Do you have be really particular about the specs of your water when you're doing such frequent water changes?

Nope, not for the seahorses' sake. I try to keep the temperature close but they are not even real sensitive to that. I read that Ph should be close as well but when you do as many water changes as I do the Ph stays pretty consistent.

Sounds a little riske to me, I'll stick with my acros, where the craziest thing you have is a pocillipora spawning event.

I'm glad Eve is doing better. Do you have be really particular about the specs of your water when you're doing such frequent water changes?

Just have the music on in the background. Find a good love song on youtube and turn up the volume LOL.

And open a bottle of wine! For you, not the seahorses :)

Glad to hear Eve is doing so much better! I've been worried for you, but you've been so on top of treatment that I've been super optimistic. Glad its working!

A video of the seahorse reunion would definitely be fun! :)

Archived