Coral Vue Hydros

Dawn's seahorse garden. Farewell 36g bowfront!

vlangel

Eve is still eating well. She looks fat and sleek every where except the ulcer spot. I am not positive but I think just maybe it looks a tiny bit better. It never did erode which is what I have read often happens to infected areas on a seahorse. She still isn't hunting which I wished she would. Still, all in all I think she is heading in the right direction.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eve is still looking good today. I am nearly sure the spot looks less dangerous...not so much that it is smaller in diameter as it seems shallower in her skin. I worry a bit about how long to dose the triple sulfa but I am going to continue a bit longer.

That's great news!

I remember this happening to me when Adam was sick, but I get sooooo discouraged to the point of thinking I am surely going to lose them. Then I start to think that I should not be keeping ponies. Finally when they turn the corner I start to feel better about everything. Seahorses are not for the faint of heart for sure.

Indeed!

Sorry bout the pony troubles Dawn.

Thanks Patrick! See, proof that I am not ready for weedies however.

I remember this happening to me when Adam was sick, but I get sooooo discouraged to the point of thinking I am surely going to lose them. Then I start to think that I should not be keeping ponies. Finally when they turn the corner I start to feel better about everything. Seahorses are not for the faint of heart for sure.

Well,you know where I stand on that :P

But you'll over come this and be back to business :)

Things are chugging along with Eve's recovery. I remember it being super slow with Adam also when he had the bacterial infection. We will just keep on keeping on.

Adam seems a little more settled and is eating better now. He also colors up for me when I bring his food. The seahorse garden needed some of the sand syphoned so I did that. With all the care needed to doctor Eve I had let the glass go for over a week so today I caught up with that along with pruning the macros. I maybe got carried away with pruning the red grape caulerpa but it will grow back.

I'm so glad they are both doing better! You are so dedicated to them and it's really encouraging to see all your hard work being rewarded. :)

Glad to hear Eve seems better! Such a relief!

Seahorses are definitely not for the faint of heart! They're definitely too much for me! I'm always impressed with how well you respond to issues and treat them and get them right back in good health again!

20160305_162704_zpsqncn4jbf.jpg

With the recession of the yellow polyps, gsp and clove polyps the tank isn't quite what it was but I can't risk feeding them and maybe feed bad bacteria too so it is what it is. I hate seeing coral languish but the over all pic of the tank is still pleasing to me.

It still looks great, Dawn! This is just part of the hobby sometimes! You have to lose some things in order to make the water conditions right for other things.

20160305_162704_zpsqncn4jbf.jpg

With the recession of the yellow polyps, gsp and clove polyps the tank isn't quite what it was but I can't risk feeding them and maybe feed bad bacteria too so it is what it is. I hate seeing coral languish but the over all pic of the tank is still pleasing to me.

I think it looks BEAUTIFUL Dawn!

It still looks great, Dawn! This is just part of the hobby sometimes! You have to lose some things in order to make the water conditions right for other things.

Thanks Felicia, I always had in mind that the seahorses were the priorities. I couldn't really know which soft coral would thrive with seahorse conditions and which would not. But really gsp, who would have thought that it would struggle?

Things are chugging along with Eve's recovery. I remember it being super slow with Adam also when he had the bacterial infection. We will just keep on keeping on.

Adam seems a little more settled and is eating better now. He also colors up for me when I bring his food. The seahorse garden needed some of the sand syphoned so I did that. With all the care needed to doctor Eve I had let the glass go for over a week so today I caught up with that along with pruning the macros. I maybe got carried away with pruning the red grape caulerpa but it will grow back.

Wonderful news :).

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!!! Eve is definitely recovering. Her spot was noticably smaller today which is so exciting! :-)

I am anxious for her to be well enough to move back into the display tank. Hospital tanks are always a bit risky in that the airline tubing can fall out (which happened last night but luckily Eve was still fine this morning) or some other heinous occurance can befall the it.

RIP Sebastian

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!!! Eve is definitely recovering. Her spot was noticably smaller today which is so exciting! :-)

I am anxious for her to be well enough to move back into the display tank. Hospital tanks are always a bit risky in that the airline tubing can fall out (which happened last night but luckily Eve was still fine this morning) or some other heinous occurance can befall the it.

That is good news!

Nano sapiens

That is good to hear! Fingers crossed for a 100% recovery :)

That is good news!

That is good to hear! Fingers crossed for a 100% recovery :)

Thanks, I feel more optimistic than I did a week ago.

Yay for Eve! It will be such a relief when you can finally get her out of the quarantine tank and back into her comfortable home :)

Wonderful news :).

Yes it is, Gena!

Good news! Hopefully she continues her recovery quickly :)

I was so relieved to see definite progress yesterday. With seahorses there is no such thing as quickly but I will just be happy with any recovery!

Nice to see the thread title update, good news!

Yes, I was very excited to share good news for a change.

Yay for Eve! It will be such a relief when you can finally get her out of the quarantine tank and back into her comfortable home :)

Amen to that teeny. Adam will be so happy when he sees her. He still is not quite himself, I guess he is not the bachelor type.

Hey everyone, check out cloakerpoked 40g breeder! That is my son's new tank and he is the one who got me into coral. Prior to that I mostly just did FOWLR tanks.

Archived