Pod Your Reef

Sk8n Reefer's Nuvo 16

Sk8n Reefer

Sk8n Reefer

Amazing pics as always. Can't wait to see your big tank get going

Thanks plainrt! I know- I've been dragging. I have a vacation coming up in about 3 weeks so maybe then I can actually start putting things together. Sump should be here Thursday so I am excited to see that!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to see things are coming together on the upgrade man! This little beast is jam packed and looking great thats for sure, better not take to much longer on that upgrade tho you might have coral growing out of the water soon lol

Sk8n Reefer

Everything looks so good! & woot woot on the sump omgomgomg seems like you've had that new build in progress forever :lol:

Thank you Jaime! I know - been dragging but it's by design. Still loving the simple pleasures of the 16gal. and the ease of maintenance. It's not an official build until I start a new thread though ?. Hahaha! Really enjoying the planning phase- lots to figure out!

Any advised on where to place a pink stylopora. I have it next to a purple one but it just does not seem to be taking off like the others. Maybe higher in the tank?

Sk8n Reefer

Any advised on where to place a pink stylopora. I have it next to a purple one but it just does not seem to be taking off like the others. Maybe higher in the tank?

How's your flow around it? I moved mine from the bottom center to the top off center and it hasn't really affected it much. It's definately a slower grower compared to the purple stylo. Mine was actually doing a little better in its old placement where it had a lot of random flow. I wouldn't worry about it to much if it seem happy and stable- the growth will come but it's not a fast grower for sure. Are you feeding? If so what?

Mid position, pretty good flow.

Getting phyto, reef chili or reef roids 3 times a week plus what ever fish feedings leave.

Sk8n Reefer

Mid position, pretty good flow.

Getting phyto, reef chili or reef roids 3 times a week plus what ever fish feedings leave.

Sounds like you have things set up really well. If it's got good PE and seems happy I would leave it alone- as I said my purple stylo out grows

my pink. They also seem to go through growth spurts- like right now my caps are out of control with growth. I reviewed your latest shots lastnight and everything looks great and healthy. I would say keep doing what your doing and keep things as stable as possible and the growth will come ?

Sounds like you have things set up really well. If it's got good PE and seems happy I would leave it alone- as I said my purple stylo out grows

my pink. They also seem to go through growth spurts- like right now my caps are out of control with growth. I reviewed your latest shots lastnight and everything looks great and healthy. I would say keep doing what your doing and keep things as stable as possible and the growth will come

Thanks. Fingers crossed, some of them grow like mad, some just seem to be hanging out.

Sk8n Reefer

Cheers ? to Stellablue she was gracious enough to send us a painting she did of our beloved Blenny - Benny! Awesome little painting and it goes perfectly next to the tank in the Tiki Room ?. Thank you so much- you made our day!

86070327a9200e970b8a14326009e398_zpsogqy

And here's the man of the hour checking himself out

fa60c16173a508638527874acd93cea9_zpssvfn

The colors are great and the zoos look like there growing out of the painting ?

553d2e8e05282a5d94755ad8c143408e_zpsofls

I'm so glad you guys like it. It looks great there!!! And I love that little easel! Benny is so cute. And I love that angle of your tank- it looks huge!

I love the painting! It looks great there next to your tank.

Stella, you do beautiful work. Great job in capturing Blenny's blenny-ness!

PaultheAddict

Can't wait to see how amazing the 50g will be. Are you transferring everything over or will you be running two tanks?

Sk8n Reefer

Can't wait to see how amazing the 50g will be. Are you transferring everything over or will you be running two tanks?

Thanks Paul! Yes, I am gonna transfer everything then add additional Acros toward the top. I'd like to keep the Nuvo up but the wife is trying to shut it down ?

PaultheAddict

Thanks Paul! Yes, I am gonna transfer everything then add additional Acros toward the top. I'd like to keep the Nuvo up but the wife is trying to shut it down

Tell the wife it will be "her" tank. She gets to pick what goes in it! lol

Sk8n Reefer

Tell the wife it will be "her" tank. She gets to pick what goes in it! lol

I know - thought I had her with that cause she always wanted clowns and anenomes or seahorse's but she's not having it ? I'll keep working on her- I'd love to take the tank in a completely different direction and have no sps in it at all.

I know - thought I had her with that cause she always wanted clowns and anenomes or seahorse's but she's not having it I'll keep working on her- I'd love to take the tank in a completely different direction and have no sps in it at all.

Hey your wife can put the tank in her art studio! Clowns and an anemone and all easy softies and lps! bright colors and not as much work.

Sk8n Reefer

Hey your wife can put the tank in her art studio! Clowns and an anemone and all easy softies and lps! bright colors and not as much work.

I like the idea but it needs to stay in the house for sure. I am gonna keep working on her- maybe we could change locations. She doesn't like the idea of having two tanks in the same room. I'd love a tank in our living room ?

Just got in tonight from San Jose- really like that city. Did a quick 1gal. w/c. Heading out tomorrow for a few days to Buffalo for work- gonna checkout Niagara Falls never been there. I'll do another 1gal. w/c in the morning ?

I like the idea but it needs to stay in the house for sure. I am gonna keep working on her- maybe we could change locations. She doesn't like the idea of having two tanks in the same room. I'd love a tank in our living room

Just got in tonight from San Jose- really like that city. Did a quick 1gal. w/c. Heading out tomorrow for a few days to Buffalo for work- gonna checkout Niagara Falls never been there. I'll do another 1gal. w/c in the morning

WOW, you sure are traveling a lot! And I get what she means about the 2 tanks in 1 room. I had the same feeling when wanting to set up my 12 gallon long. So, it's going in the sunroom :) I say living room would be awesome!

That's a fantastic painting!

:blush:

I know - thought I had her with that cause she always wanted clowns and anenomes or seahorse's but she's not having it I'll keep working on her- I'd love to take the tank in a completely different direction and have no sps in it at all.

no SPS?? why? you are the SPS master!

Sk8n Reefer

no SPS?? why? you are the SPS master!

Haha! Thanks ninja, just looking for something easier with that tank and be able to move the doser to the 50gal. I'll be focusing most of my attention to the sps filled 50gal. so having a less demanding tank would be more realistic. Plus I love anenomes and some of the softies and LPS so I figured I'd mix it up. Ideally, my wife would take it over but that's an uphill battle ?

WOW, you sure are traveling a lot! And I get what she means about the 2 tanks in 1 room. I had the same feeling when wanting to set up my 12 gallon long. So, it's going in the sunroom :) I say living room would be awesome!

:blush:

Ya, I am home all next week then I get a much needed vacation! Probably split the time here at home and the cabin- I need a portable tank to take up to the cabin! Does your sunroom get too hot during the summer?

Haha! Thanks ninja, just looking for something easier with that tank and be able to move the doser to the 50gal. I'll be focusing most of my attention to the sps filled 50gal. so having a less demanding tank would be more realistic. Plus I love anenomes and some of the softies and LPS so I figured I'd mix it up. Ideally, my wife would take it over but that's an uphill battle

Ya, I am home all next week then I get a much needed vacation! Probably split the time here at home and the cabin- I need a portable tank to take up to the cabin! Does your sunroom get too hot during the summer?

Nice! Yes, definitely much needed vacation. And I know what you mean about the portable tank :) When we go to the boat, I miss the fishes and such.

ooo! and anemones! That would be a really cool tank. So many cool rock flowers, BTAs, etc.

i'm a little worried about the sunroom, but with an AC unit in there and the fact that even though it faces south, huge maple trees seem to shade it well in the summer., I am hoping it will be ok. I am thinking of getting a fan to cool the tank by evap if I need it. I have the little 6 gallon in there and so far, even with 90+ heat and humidity, it hasn't gone above 80. But I'm watching it for sure!

Archived