SaltCritters.com

Sk8n Reefer's Nuvo 16

Sk8n Reefer

Sk8n Reefer

Wow i gotta get stella to paint me something!!

Everythings looking good. That spongeodes is awesome.

ya she does awesome work! thanks Arce its definately a cool piece!

Awesome pics, love how everything is running out of space. :)

thanks Mark, ya I think I have 5gal. of water left in the tank :D

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sk8n Reefer

New Page = More photos!

You got it-snapped few more shots

Setosa on my perma frag rack

yVYW2zn.jpg

Clavularia making a comeback. I fragged this soft coral about 6 times and traded it in.

qNy3NZz.jpg

One of my first corals in this tank- my bluish digi #1 is branching fingers all over.

S2t0nmr.jpg

My little birdsnest frag has grown into a nice size colony on I am guessing fairly low par numbers- it's placed off center under my weaker stock LED lighting but continues to grow well

gGVYIwl.jpg

Its reached my purple stylo

uvNpDGf.jpg

A couple Pocillopora's

fVUpOdJ.jpg

Multiple frags from my green poci

RtuOX1a.jpg

Tabling mille

nZONJre.jpg

You got it-snapped few more shots

Setosa on my perma frag rack

yVYW2zn.jpg

Clavularia making a comeback. I fragged this soft coral about 6 times and traded it in.

qNy3NZz.jpg

One of my first corals in this tank- my bluish digi #1 is branching fingers all over.

S2t0nmr.jpg

My little birdsnest frag has grown into a nice size colony on I am guessing fairly low par numbers- it's placed off center under my weaker stock LED lighting but continues to grow well

gGVYIwl.jpg

Its reached my purple stylo

uvNpDGf.jpg

A couple Pocillopora's

fVUpOdJ.jpg

Multiple frags from my green poci

RtuOX1a.jpg

Tabling mille

nZONJre.jpg

Nice shots! You've got some awesome color on that Setosa.

And I keep waiting to see if Number 1 will ever become a Number 2 - but it seems that one branch always remains the tallest :)

Sk8n Reefer

Nice shots! You've got some awesome color on that Setosa.

And I keep waiting to see if Number 1 will ever become a Number 2 - but it seems that one branch always remains the tallest :)

that's hilarious- I can't believe i didn't think of that one! Ya, number one keeps getting closer to the surface about an inch and a half away!
Sk8n Reefer

You getting closer to getting that sweet 50 wet yet? Whens the ETA on that pin up calender?? :) lol

Hey man how are you doing? Pin up shoot is scheduled for July 19th. I'll be sneaking phone shots for sure :lol:

things are definitely moving along. Sumps coming along well. Picked up filters to make my own water now. It should be stocked with colonies fairly soon!

I love that blue digi. I just did a flashlight tour and mine is blue even under cheap flashlight. I need more colorful digitatas, I wonder just how many colors there are?

Sk8n Reefer

I love that blue digi. I just did a flashlight tour and mine is blue even under cheap flashlight. I need more colorful digitatas, I wonder just how many colors there are?

Ya, mine lost a little of the blue once i moved it out from the center of the light but still has decent color- i figure in the new tank with much stronger lighting it will blue back up more. I saw a rainbow type frag at Macna last year and still kick myself for not buying it- it was 125.00 but i've never seen anything like it since. I Thought it was a rainbow stylo but they said digi-'ive seen the rainbow stylos (which i luv) but this did look a little different- who knows- should of bought it damn it! Itblooked like a cross between the blue and the orange

Hey man. Too lazy to read through all the pages :)

What is your chamber setups? Are you only running filter floss in the media baskets?

Ya- just floss in the top section. I run the minimax reactor for carbon and GFO

Thought so. Thanks. BRS is running 10% off store wide so I am rethinking my chambers. 99% sure I'll snag up the desktop reactor for my 20gal.

Sk8n Reefer

Thought so. Thanks. BRS is running 10% off store wide so I am rethinking my chambers. 99% sure I'll snag up the desktop reactor for my 20gal.

Ya, that would be a good score. I picked up an extra Sicce pump when i got mine and ran a little higher volume through it- mostly to keep the GFO tumbling better and longer. The sicce pumps are nice and small ones a pretty cheap

thecoralbeauty

question- do you trade things with chris? I recently took in some frags i didn't want to neptunes and they gave me next to nothing for them. I'm wondering what your experience has been with these things.

Also, loving the orange setosa!

Ya, that would be a good score. I picked up an extra Sicce pump when i got mine and ran a little higher volume through it- mostly to keep the GFO tumbling better and longer. The sicce pumps are nice and small ones a pretty cheap

I upgraded my return to the sicce 1.5 so I have the stock pump for the reactor. I think the flow is ~211gph. I'm gonna give that a go.

I'm a bit bummed that I have to remove my mini fuge- Chaeto and jbj fuge light but I think the tank will benifit more from GFO.

Sk8n Reefer

I upgraded my return to the sicce 1.5 so I have the stock pump for the reactor. I think the flow is ~211gph. I'm gonna give that a go.

I'm a bit bummed that I have to remove my mini fuge- Chaeto and jbj fuge light but I think the tank will benifit more from GFO.

Ya- i'd have an algae tank for sure without the GFO. You cant move it to the other side of where the reactor will be?

Sk8n Reefer

question- do you trade things with chris? I recently took in some frags i didn't want to neptunes and they gave me next to nothing for them. I'm wondering what your experience has been with these things.

Also, loving the orange setosa!

Thanks on the Setosa- its doing well but definitely could use stronger light and a permanent location. Ya, I've traded frags and my big birdsnest colony in with Chris on a regular basis. I always ask if he wants the frag first- he usually does. I've formed a pretty good relationship with him- only buying locally from him and he knows that. Even his pricing on hard goods is right on par with BRS. I think he's really fair about things but the "house always wins" with trades. What type of frags did you trade to Neptunes?

Ya- i'd have an algae tank for sure without the GFO. You cant move it to the other side of where the reactor will be?

I currently have the heater in there. I could move the heater to the return chamber but I'm nervous to see if the heater has to work harder to keep the temp right. Worth a shot I guess.

Sk8n Reefer

I currently have the heater in there. I could move the heater to the return chamber but I'm nervous to see if the heater has to work harder to keep the temp right. Worth a shot I guess.

Ya, I run my heater in the second chamber- not the middle compartment and it keeps temp. well- probably not the most efficient but it works

thecoralbeauty

Thanks on the Setosa- its doing well but definitely could use stronger light and a permanent location. Ya, I've traded frags and my big birdsnest colony in with Chris on a regular basis. I always ask if he wants the frag first- he usually does. I've formed a pretty good relationship with him- only buying locally from him and he knows that. Even his pricing on hard goods is right on par with BRS. I think he's really fair about things but the "house always wins" with trades. What type of frags did you trade to Neptunes?

of course! i love chris, he's always so helpful and welcoming. i really enjoy just going in there to poke around, easily my favorite LFS here.

I traded that HUGE tinker bell paly rock i had (big flat piece with over 100 polyps), a frag of red planet, a frag of pink birds nest, and a large piece of hollywood stunner chalice. they gave me half off a small bag of chemipure, which was essentially 6 dollars worth. :furious: i would have refused, but by the time they actually decided that and told me, they had unpacked all my stuff and put in in their own tanks.

Sk8n Reefer

of course! i love chris, he's always so helpful and welcoming. i really enjoy just going in there to poke around, easily my favorite LFS here.

I traded that HUGE tinker bell paly rock i had (big flat piece with over 100 polyps), a frag of red planet, a frag of pink birds nest, and a large piece of hollywood stunner chalice. they gave me half off a small bag of chemipure, which was essentially 6 dollars worth. :furious: i would have refused, but by the time they actually decided that and told me, they had unpacked all my stuff and put in in their own tanks.

Wow- that does sound like a "bad" deal. Never been a fan of that store- maybe in a pinch buy some test kits but not much. Their corals are always brown and dull and the water is not very clear in their tanks- your corals are probably the brightest ones they have now :)

Sk8n Reefer

That clavularia picture is fantastic!

thanks Gena- pretty hardy coral too. I thought I cleaned it out a few times and it keeps coming back

Sk8n Reefer

Bubble magus doser less than a year old and it's acting up. :furious: LCD is not working- its still dosing but not enough each time. Alk. Was down to 5- not sure how long that has been that way. Slowing hand dosing to bring it up. I emailed and the US distributor is sending me a new board to install- really good service. My bubble gum has started to look bad the last few days so I am sure this is the reason. We are heading out on vacation to the mountains for a few day- not great timing for sure :unsure:

Bubble magus doser less than a year old and it's acting up. :furious: LCD is not working- its still dosing but not enough each time. Alk. Was down to 5- not sure how long that has been that way. Slowing hand dosing to bring it up. I emailed and the US distributor is sending me a new board to install- really good service. My bubble gum has started to look bad the last few days so I am sure this is the reason. We are heading out on vacation to the mountains for a few day- not great timing for sure :unsure:

Ugh...terrible timing. I'm so glad I don't have to worry about that stuff anymore. Vacation in the mountains sound fun!

Archived