Pod Your Reef

Sk8n Reefer's Nuvo 16

Sk8n Reefer

Sk8n Reefer

Nice! Yes, definitely much needed vacation. And I know what you mean about the portable tank :) When we go to the boat, I miss the fishes and such.

ooo! and anemones! That would be a really cool tank. So many cool rock flowers, BTAs, etc.

i'm a little worried about the sunroom, but with an AC unit in there and the fact that even though it faces south, huge maple trees seem to shade it well in the summer., I am hoping it will be ok. I am thinking of getting a fan to cool the tank by evap if I need it. I have the little 6 gallon in there and so far, even with 90+ heat and humidity, it hasn't gone above 80. But I'm watching it for sure!

A tank on the boat- now that would be cool!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sk8n Reefer

Mostly because I already turned the boat into a floating art studio, because, well, why not?? haha

R79SmZs.jpg

Nice! That must be relaxing creating art on water like that?

Nice! That must be relaxing creating art on water like that

It is! It's fun. Until waves hit then I get some funky shapes in the paintings.

Sk8n Reefer

It's good to have Internet access on a plane- it's about as fast as dialup but it helps passing the time

It's good to have Internet access on a plane- it's about as fast as dialup but it helps passing the time

TOTALLY agree. check this out for your new 50!

Cheers to Stellablue she was gracious enough to send us a painting she did of our beloved Blenny - Benny! Awesome little painting and it goes perfectly next to the tank in the Tiki Room . Thank you so much- you made our day!

86070327a9200e970b8a14326009e398_zpsogqy

And here's the man of the hour checking himself out

fa60c16173a508638527874acd93cea9_zpssvfn

The colors are great and the zoos look like there growing out of the painting

553d2e8e05282a5d94755ad8c143408e_zpsofls

She's sending me one too!!!! Can't wait to get it :happydance:.

I like your new sig photo :).

Sk8n Reefer

She's sending me one too!!!! Can't wait to get it :happydance:.I like your new sig photo :).

awesome can't wait to see it! she does great work! thanks on the sig. pic

Sk8n Reefer

last water run for me- picked up 35gal. and new RO,carbon,DI cartridge and a TDS meter to get me ready to start making my own water. I've been mixing my own but using my lfs water. Still gonna stick with Kent salt- I really like it!

250a3eb54e1609776a627698370c1a3c_zpsvzxp

Sump is coming along well. Got my eshopps sump and added a shelf for my doser and picked up 3 thin 1gal. containers for my Ca. Alk. and Mg. these thin containers from BRS are nice- perfect amount for me and take up hardly any space

bd270e2eb1bb9ad3aeb47b641c25069f_zpsyit0

Some quick Ipad shots. Green poci stinging everyone around em. idaho grape has grown into the glass along with my purple mille on the otherside. My ORA purple - whoops I mean brown ORA cap is growning crazy up in the corner- I keep moving em up the corner so he doesn't sting my pink stylo! Space is getting tight everywhere- looking forward to scaping the 50gal. maybe next week when I am on vacation. We have a photo shoot for a calender next month in our Tiki Room on the 19th and I would like to keep the room the same until then- but I may lose my patience- thats quite a ways away.

c7e09cb35d2eaebda71a2e15b896140b_zps1agu

little green poci growing on the spinstream it's branching and growing well- might have to frag :)

37d3a6020dd017feb61ceb2bd3e0faf4_zpshujd

lilmatty5dimes

I finally broke down and just bought a rodi unit. So no more hauling buckets for me too. Like your sump area and those containers are super nice and small. Have to look at those.

Sk8n Reefer

I finally broke down and just bought a rodi unit. So no more hauling buckets for me too. Like your sump area and those containers are super nice and small. Have to look at those.

cool! ya the containers are sweet and only $10 a piece

Sk8n Reefer

Cool! Is it a Tiki Room Calendar?

Pin ups for charity! Pin up girls in different locations. Our Tiki bar is perfect for that scene. We're gonna do it up for sure

Pin ups for charity! Pin up girls in different locations. Our Tiki bar is perfect for that scene. We're gonna do it up for sure

Awesome :)
Sk8n Reefer

Some macro shots.....

Sponge is spreading and has a cool look to it

1rE9dm0.jpg

Spongnode has reached the glass

fTWugsX.jpg

Idaho grape has reached the glass also

Kp0jUVp.jpg

Green poci is at it again- stinging my purple stylo

uSvh9PU.jpg

And also my green cap

ISvcDFJ.jpg

Spongnode and idaho grape fighting it out

ZkQpnBh.jpg

I'm sending subliminal messages: frag the spongode. Send me a frag. After this public service announcement, you will return to your regularly scheduled program.

Sk8n Reefer

I'm sending subliminal messages: frag the spongode. Send me a frag. After this public service announcement, you will return to your regularly scheduled program.

Hahaha- that's awesome! Not yet its still a baby

Hahaha- that's awesome! Not yet its still a baby

HAHA! ooooookkkkkaaaaayyyyy. I still can't find that type of spongode anywhere.

Archived