Coral Vue Hydros

Sk8n Reefer's Nuvo 16

Sk8n Reefer

Quilt batting from Joanne Fabrics just toss that stuff out every week a few bucks got me a year supply. LOL!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

+1 for cheap floss. I use fiber batting that they sell to stuff pillows at Wal-Mart. Of course, I have tiny tanks, but one $6 bag lasts about a year, even if I replace the floss every three days :lol:

picoreef78

Wow, that is certainly getting packed! Looking good!

That is some insane growth! What is your secret?

Sk8n Reefer

Quilt batting from Joanne Fabrics just toss that stuff out every week a few bucks got me a year supply. LOL!

Nice- good tip! Told the wife about it and she actually has some so I'll try it for sure- Thx

+1 for cheap floss. I use fiber batting that they sell to stuff pillows at Wal-Mart. Of course, I have tiny tanks, but one $6 bag lasts about a year, even if I replace the floss every three days :lol:

Awesome good tips from both of ya on that- I am on it!

That is some insane growth! What is your secret?

Thanks! Nothing to special but I'd have to say starting out with good quality frags and keeping parameters stable week after week. I feed the tank heavily also so I definitely think that has been a major part of the growth- thanks for checking things out

Sk8n Reefer

Tabling mille taking over the lower right side

NqvuFhv.jpg

More of my Tailspot - demanding attention ?

V7hdIL3.jpg

jIj2Goe.jpg

My clowns love the frag rack- they get between it and the glass and chill

yXWBYFj.jpg

auTBSs4.jpg

Love that tailspot! I did a small painting of him - but his colors are so awesome that it kinda looks like a cartoon.

Oh and just ordered some inTank floss on Amazon - $10 for three large sheets. Not terrible but def not as cheap as the Joann's solution

Sk8n Reefer

Love that tailspot! I did a small painting of him - but his colors are so awesome that it kinda looks like a cartoon.Oh and just ordered some inTank floss on Amazon - $10 for three large sheets. Not terrible but def not as cheap as the Joann's solution

Awesome- I'd love to see the painting- send it over me on a PM or post it up on your thread!

Sk8n Reefer

Sad day - our cleaner shrimp died. ? My wife called me at work- she feed the tank this afternoon and he did not come out. She found him behind a rock with coepods hitting em and hermits on the way to finish him off. We've had him for a little over a year. She pulled him out and no visible signs of anything. He ate like a champ lastnight and I saw him cruising around this morning. No idea of how old it was when we got em-I've read they live anywhere from 2-4yrs. Not sure if I'll get another one - maybe go with a few peppermints to see if they eat some of my Aiptasia.

PaultheAddict

Just spent a good hour or so going through every post on this thread.... Well worth the time! Amazing tank and set up. Hopefully when I set up my nuvo 16 it will be half as good as yours!

Sk8n Reefer

Sorry to hear buddy, a loss is never easy :(.

Thank you, Ya it's tough on my wife she tends to put a name to anything that breaths so she gets attached fairly easy.

Just spent a good hour or so going through every post on this thread.... Well worth the time! Amazing tank and set up. Hopefully when I set up my nuvo 16 it will be half as good as yours!

Thanks Paul- really appreciate that! I am sure it will look great. If there's anything I can help ya with feel free to reach out?
thecoralbeauty

The growth you've had with your frags from chris has me hoping mine will also take off the same way! Tank is beautiful. Sorry about the cleaner shrimp. I always loved keeping shrimp in college, but they seemed to eventually end up in a power head somehow. Eventually I gave up.

Sk8n Reefer

The growth you've had with your frags from chris has me hoping mine will also take off the same way! Tank is beautiful. Sorry about the cleaner shrimp. I always loved keeping shrimp in college, but they seemed to eventually end up in a power head somehow. Eventually I gave up.

Thank you, ya Chris's livestock is always so healthy. I am excited to actually be able to add some livestock again with the 50gal. I am not sure if I'll go with another cleaner or not- might wait till I transfer everything. My light should be ready this month so I need to get moving on getting everything ready- lots to do !

thecoralbeauty

Thank you, ya Chris's livestock is always so healthy. I am excited to actually be able to add some livestock again with the 50gal. I am not sure if I'll go with another cleaner or not- might wait till I transfer everything. My light should be ready this month so I need to get moving on getting everything ready- lots to do !

I feel like for us though, that's a great thing. I'm always messing with something haha.

Sorry about the cleaner shrimp.

Tailspot Blennys are fantastic. :) Mine is picking on my big Black Cap basslet. At first I thought the basslet was hassling him because he was chasing the blenny around but the blenny will stalk the basslet, then dive and pick on him to start the chase. Crazy fish.

I am sad for you and your wife about the loss of the cleaner shrimp. I love them too.

That tsb is so adorable. They always have the best personalities.

Nano sapiens

Tabling mille taking over the lower right side

NqvuFhv.jpg

This millie is growing well! Must like all the feeding :)

Sorry about the cleaner shrimp. I've had them last 3 years or so.

How are the hitch-hiker Shrooms doing?

Sk8n Reefer

I feel like for us though, that's a great thing. I'm always messing with something haha.

It's fun for sure- excited to see how the gyre pump works

Sk8n Reefer

Sorry about the cleaner shrimp.

Tailspot Blennys are fantastic. :) Mine is picking on my big Black Cap basslet. At first I thought the basslet was hassling him because he was chasing the blenny around but the blenny will stalk the basslet, then dive and pick on him to start the chase. Crazy fish.

Thanks Mark..............Yes they are! Haha- Ya mine goes over and bugs the clowns a little and cruises around until you come up to the tank - then he stares at ya from the idaho grape or a hole in the rock.

Sk8n Reefer

I am sad for you and your wife about the loss of the cleaner shrimp. I love them too.

That tsb is so adorable. They always have the best personalities.

Thanks! Shrimp are such interesting creatures to watch- Ya the Tailspot is such a poser!

Sorry about your shrimp. :(

Thanks Kimberbee, he was a hardy eater for sure

Sk8n Reefer

This millie is growing well! Must like all the feeding :)

Sorry about the cleaner shrimp. I've had them last 3 years or so.

How are the hitch-hiker Shrooms doing?

Thanks- I was hoping to keep him a little longer. Yes the mille gets really good flow so plenty of food makes it to em. Shrooms are spreading like wild- such aggressive corals- stung my spongnode, stylo and encrusting Monti. I don't think they've lost a battle yet

Looking great! I'm sorry about the cleaner shrimp, though :(

Benny is adorable as usual :wub:

Thanks, it was a weird loss- no outward signs of anything and he was eating well as usual. Benny is a hoot for sure. You'll be getting some great shots when you place em in your tank. Interested to see where he calls home

Nano sapiens

Shrooms are spreading like wild- such aggressive corals- stung my spongnode, stylo and encrusting Monti. I don't think they've lost a battle yet

Those particular Shrooms (if they are what we thnk they are) would be loaded with potent nematocysts, plus whatever else thay have up their sleeves (er...'tentacles') :)

If you touch one with an object it should be 'sticky' like a Nem.

Archived