Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Jaime's IM Fusion 20- June update

owenj

This tank is TDF!!!! You have an awesome collection of corals :bowdown:. I still need to get a ORA grube's gorgonian for

my little tank :).

The new clowns are gorgeous!!!!

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the shot of the Dendros! ...and those clowns are B)

Thanks! I'm so excited about the clowns. And glad the dendros are working out so far :lol: they were a bit of an impulse buy after seeing Cindy's.

Congrats on the new light!

Holy bananas! Those clowns are utterly brilliant! Looking forward to more on their development.

Thanks Mr. Microscope! I can't wait to see how their colors develop. I hope they grow up to be as pretty as yours :lol:

This tank is TDF!!!! You have an awesome collection of corals :bowdown:. I still need to get a ORA grube's gorgonian for

my little tank :).

The new clowns are gorgeous!!!!

Thanks Gena :flower: Definitely get a Grube's if you can find one. It's so teeny and delicate looking compared to the others, and sort of "sproingy" when you touch it. I've bumped mine (a lot...) and it just sort of flexes and bends at the touch before popping back into place.

Very nice tank.

Thanks!

love the updated fotos, jaime, and congrats

on our new nanobox lights!!! the fishies are

so cute, too!!

Thanks Cindy! I love this light B) it's so much easier to do tank maintenance too than with the Razor.

AWESOME!!!

Thanks Kimber :)

Thanks Gena :flower: Definitely get a Grube's if you can find one. It's so teeny and delicate looking compared to the others, and sort of "sproingy" when you touch it. I've bumped mine (a lot...) and it just sort of flexes and bends at the touch before popping back into place.

The only place I've seen ORA anything in my area is at Petco LOL. I'm going to look there today after I drop off some

packages at the post office :D.

The only place I've seen ORA anything in my area is at Petco LOL. I'm going to look there today after I drop off some

packages at the post office :D.

It's like we're the gorg girl's!! Only those with a Grube's or candelabra gorgs allowed!!

It's like we're the gorg girl's!! Only those with a Grube's or candelabra gorgs allowed!!

I think the one I have now is considered a candelabra...just have to find the Grube's. I know I can order it online, and I will if I have to :).

I love the new light, it really shows off your tank. I really like gorgs too and hope to add more to my seahorse tank!

Ok ladies...I picked up a gorgonian today!!!!! Take a look at my flower box thread. Tell me what you think? I don't know

if it's a grube's or not :huh:. But I love it :happy:.

Sounds so wrong...but so right ;):naughtydance: now I need a sponge and one or two of the Pedersen's shrimp.

I love the new light, it really shows off your tank. I really like gorgs too and hope to add more to my seahorse tank!

Thanks! I need to catch up on your seahorse thread. I love the ponies :wub:

Looks awesome! How loud do you find that sicce 1.5? I am considering adding one to my new Fusion 20 setup. Thanks in advance.

Not loud at all. The fan on my Tide is louder than anything else running on the tanks. I think the Tide fan is louder than my Duo. The Sicce 1.5 is a great pump, but it may not be enough flow alone depending on what you want to keep. But, when I had a 1.5 and a 1.0 running each return nozzle it was so much flow it blew the sand around.

Ok ladies...I picked up a gorgonian today!!!!! Take a look at my flower box thread. Tell me what you think? I don't know

if it's a grube's or not :huh:. But I love it :happy:.

Oh squee, I'll be off to check your thread in a sec. I'm amazed the only place around you that carries ORA stuff is Petco! Of all places :lol: actually, in all fairness it sounds like Petco in general has been cleaning up its act. I wonder if they're merging with Live has to do with it?

Sounds so wrong...but so right ;):naughtydance: now I need a sponge and one or two of the Pedersen's shrimp.

Thanks! I need to catch up on your seahorse thread. I love the ponies :wub:

Not loud at all. The fan on my Tide is louder than anything else running on the tanks. I think the Tide fan is louder than my Duo. The Sicce 1.5 is a great pump, but it may not be enough flow alone depending on what you want to keep. But, when I had a 1.5 and a 1.0 running each return nozzle it was so much flow it blew the sand around.

Oh squee, I'll be off to check your thread in a sec. I'm amazed the only place around you that carries ORA stuff is Petco! Of all places :lol: actually, in all fairness it sounds like Petco in general has been cleaning up its act. I wonder if they're merging with Live has to do with it?

I don't know what's up with that. I'm not sure if Vivid carries ORA or not. But the LFS in my town or the next town over don't carry ORA.

The Petco has carried it for awhile. You have to buy it as soon as it comes into the store because a week or two later it looks horrible...of course.

I don't know what's up with that. I'm not sure if Vivid carries ORA or not. But the LFS in my town or the next town over don't carry ORA.

The Petco has carried it for awhile. You have to buy it as soon as it comes into the store because a week or two later it looks horrible...of course.

Hmm, I'm not sure if Vivid carries ORA either. I almost want to say no (based on their webpage, not sure what it looks like in the store) because they've got such a big in-house propagation deal going on.

Just catching up after being out of town - so much has been happening! A new Duo, and the clowns are back in the tank :) Has your LFS gotten your new fish order in yet? Everything looks great!

Sk8n Reefer

Those clowns are really nice and those plates- the colors are beautiful. Have you moved the Acro yet? Has it responded to your light?

Just catching up after being out of town - so much has been happening! A new Duo, and the clowns are back in the tank :) Has your LFS gotten your new fish order in yet? Everything looks great!

I love the Duo so much! I do with the cord on the 9v chargers was longer though. Clowns are in QT and the buggers are picky eaters! They better get used to the flakes or they'll starve <_<. Flakes are staple in this house :lol: I haven't heard from the LFS so I don't think they've gotten their ORA order in yet. I think they come in every other week, but not sure on that one. It'd be nice if they didn't come til next week so the clowns can finish their 2 weeks QT and free the tank up for the gobies.

Those clowns are really nice and those plates- the colors are beautiful. Have you moved the Acro yet? Has it responded to your light?

Thanks! The sunset plate glows during the dusk setting on this light :wub: I haven't moved the acro yet because I'm lazy and afraid :lol:. All sticks died practically upon my touching them in my old tank so I'm a bit leery still. It hasn't changed as far as I can tell, but the zoas aren't reaching nearly as much. The Duo is currently at 160/80 and I'll probably start bumping it up next week. I'd like to hit at least 180 on the blues.

You're right about that 9v cord! I'd forgotten about that. I have to keep the box on the desk behind the tank instead of under the desk with everything else.

Hope your clowns learn to eat flakes - mine ate everything from day one. I give them pellets some days and frozen meaty stuff on others.

Sk8n Reefer

I love the Duo so much! I do with the cord on the 9v chargers was longer though. Clowns are in QT and the buggers are picky eaters! They better get used to the flakes or they'll starve <_<. Flakes are staple in this house :lol: I haven't heard from the LFS so I don't think they've gotten their ORA order in yet. I think they come in every other week, but not sure on that one. It'd be nice if they didn't come til next week so the clowns can finish their 2 weeks QT and free the tank up for the gobies.

Thanks! The sunset plate glows during the dusk setting on this light :wub: I haven't moved the acro yet because I'm lazy and afraid :lol:. All sticks died practically upon my touching them in my old tank so I'm a bit leery still. It hasn't changed as far as I can tell, but the zoas aren't reaching nearly as much. The Duo is currently at 160/80 and I'll probably start bumping it up next week. I'd like to hit at least 180 on the blues.

Ya - I showed that to my wife and she said - " how come we don't have one of those! " I am sure the Acro will do fine - especially with that light.

You're right about that 9v cord! I'd forgotten about that. I have to keep the box on the desk behind the tank instead of under the desk with everything else.

Hope your clowns learn to eat flakes - mine ate everything from day one. I give them pellets some days and frozen meaty stuff on others.

Same! And I have three power strips running under the desk so that the cords don't pull any individual strip too much. The things we do for our tanks :lol:. I'm kinda surprised the clowns are being so picky--they're from Sustainable Aquatics...their ancestors probably haven't known what the wild is like for who knows how many generations :P. They even turned their noses up to frozen brine. They very grudgingly eat a few bites of anything offered thus far. The tank gets mysis tomorrow so I'll try that with some roe.

Ya - I showed that to my wife and she said - " how come we don't have one of those! " I am sure the Acro will do fine - especially with that light.

I hope it turns a different color. Anything but pooey brown :lol: I'm thinking if I move my Fire & Ice zoas that spot should be enough light/flow to try a more pricey acro. I really want something vibrant green or blue.

Sk8n Reefer

Same! And I have three power strips running under the desk so that the cords don't pull any individual strip too much. The things we do for our tanks :lol:. I'm kinda surprised the clowns are being so picky--they're from Sustainable Aquatics...their ancestors probably haven't known what the wild is like for who knows how many generations :P. They even turned their noses up to frozen brine. They very grudgingly eat a few bites of anything offered thus far. The tank gets mysis tomorrow so I'll try that with some roe.

I hope it turns a different color. Anything but pooey brown :lol: I'm thinking if I move my Fire & Ice zoas that spot should be enough light/flow to try a more pricey acro. I really want something vibrant green or blue.

nice! Go for it- do you have a lfs with a good SPS selection?

nice! Go for it- do you have a lfs with a good SPS selection?

Haven't pulled the trigger yet, but probably will whenever I go in to pick up my gobies (if they get them). One of my LFSes has a nice home-grown stick selection, but a lot of them are in the top tanks and I can't really see bc I'm so short :lol:

A few new pics. Left side

Left%20side%203-17.jpg

Oh noes, where did the sunset plate go?

Middle%203-15.jpg

It decided to start migrating to the middle but got hung up on the little rasta zoa rock. I've heard/read they can move, but it's something else to look in the tank one morning and find the plate halfway up a rock :lol:. So I gave it some manual help.

The right side

Right%20side%203-15.jpg

Dendros are looking fat and orange

Dendros%203-15.jpg

They put the little single head I got for the 10 to shame. It needs fattening up.

Dendro%203-15.jpg

Macro survivor! Not sure how long it'll last before either the sole hermit or urch finds it.

Macro%203-15.jpg

Purple gorg is regrowing tissue really nicely. There used to be a distinct break between the main part of the stem and the tip where the flesh had withered away to a tiny little stick of skeleton. Glad I didn't snip it off!

Purple%20gorg%203-15.jpg

I don't think Big Red is ever getting his hole back

RFAs%203-15.jpg

But that's ok. He's getting the blue tint to his body back.

Big%20Red%203-15.jpg

And what about Little Red? He's a booger and I can't get him off this rock. <_<

Little%20Red%203-15.jpg

The so-called "purple dreams" acro. I guess the brown has a purplish look to it :lol:

Acro%203-15.jpg

Sharkbait went nuts the other night and decided he's a burrowing sand-sifter

Sharkbait1%203-15.jpg

The red plate wasn't pleased. Fortunately the flow blew most of the sand away before it could land.

Sharkbait2%203-15.jpg

He was excavating somewhere behind the middle rock, but gave up at some point or decided not to stay there. He's back to resting in front of the ric rock. Weird fish.

In less happy news, one of the black ice clowns refused to eat at all and died. I finally found something the other one will eat--bloodworms. It refused roe, spirulina brine, mysis, mini mysis, flakes, two kinds of pellets, and gel food. I've never had such a fussy fish :angry:. But, I picked up a midnight clown and it was all over some regular brine that I offered, and the black ice was not one to be left out when the other started eating. So there may be hope yet.

Archived