Top Shelf Aquatics

Jaime's IM Fusion 20- June update

owenj

Whoa, I've been woefully behind on keeping up on this forum! Real life changes have gotten in the way a bit as I transition from law school to pursuing writing, but the tank is powering right along. I ended up breaking down the 10g & moving most of the inhabitants over here. The eviota gobies disappared once in this tank & I haven't seen them since. Hoping they show up again because I'm not going chamber-diving for them. It was enough of a pain digging one out of the 10's back chamber :rolleyes:

Having a green bubble algae outbreak after failing to realize my DI resin filter on the RODI unit exhausted. Oops, guess that 44ppm TDS wasn't a great idea :lol:. Things are getting back into place, a few losses but nothing major. Sad to lose most of the SPS to Ginger :furious:. So far only the purple cheapo one has been able to withstand all the perching and wriggling.

Sorry for the overly purple iPhone pics!

FTS 6-16-2015

FTS%206-16.jpg

RFA%20rock%206-16.jpg

Blue ric seems to be bleaching over half of its body, but there hasn't been a change in the lighting.

Ric%20rock%206-16.jpg

One of the GBGs

GBG%206-16.jpg

Purp%20FF%206-16.jpg

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HI JAIME!!

your rics are looking so fabulous!

and that fungia plate. WOW!!!!

did you say you are writing FULL TIME now?

congrats to you!!!

yes, i finally made it back to update and post. :)

Tank is looking great! I hope your gobies show up. How long ago was the transition?

I think they're in the back chamber, but I can't tell. There are lots of hidey holes in the rocks in this tank so they could be in here and I just never see them. Transition happened a few weeks (month?) back. The GBGs have staked out their own caves and seem content to stay in the display (one used to live in the 10's back chamber too), so that makes me happy.

HI JAIME!!

your rics are looking so fabulous!

and that fungia plate. WOW!!!!

did you say you are writing FULL TIME now?

congrats to you!!!

yes, i finally made it back to update and post. :)

I'd love to get another blue ric, but that rock is pretty much full, and it's been the "sweet spot" for rics in this tank :lol:. Yep, basically having a go at writing full time, but it's summer & my brother just graduated from undergrad, so it seems like I've been busier this last month (and through the rest of summer :mellow: ) even though I'm out of school. Lots of writing stuff upcoming this summer-fall though so I'm excited.

Those rics are looking! Those plates upfront steal the show though

Love my plates :lol: the clowns want to be hosted so badly by them! They keep trying to wiggle down and grab onto a tentacle with their mouth but the plates just deflate.

i am excited for you!

i might have ordered two mushies from unique corals.

i'm looking at the tanks and wondering where the f i thought

i could put two more mushrooms.

smh. haha

Congrats on full-time writing!!!!! Your tank is looking so lush :wub:. Does your Tracy Morgonian bend over on it's own? Mine is really limp and when I got home on Tuesday I didn't even remember what it was lol. It was laying on the rock! I thought some HH cloves grew while I was gone until I realized it was my morgonian! It sure is a flimsy one :).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived