ReefCleaners.org

Jaime's IM Fusion 20- June update

owenj

Everything looks so pretty!!!! Sorry about the clownfish...wow talk about fussy eaters! Glad the other one has got

some sense in her :).

I want a sharkbait! The color combination is so cute!

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great pics! I think the clown that died was probably on the way out anyway and was refusing to eat because something was wrong. Hopefully the other will do better now that the new fish is setting a good example :)

Sk8n Reefer

How's your other clown doing? Sorry about losing the other one. My two are odd- not very aggressive eaters at all. They have me trained well though - I bring the food to them ?

The tank is looking great! I just picked up a ORA Sharknose Goby as well! Great little fish :)

Thanks! The Sharknoses are definitely cute and personable. Hope yours is doing well.

Everything looks so pretty!!!! Sorry about the clownfish...wow talk about fussy eaters! Glad the other one has got

some sense in her :).

I want a sharkbait! The color combination is so cute!

Yea, the Midnight isn't picky at all and the Black Ice has caught on pretty well. They're still not super excited about flakes, but the Midnight ate some which cause the Black Ice to eat some too :rolleyes:

Great pics! I think the clown that died was probably on the way out anyway and was refusing to eat because something was wrong. Hopefully the other will do better now that the new fish is setting a good example :)

Maybe. That's what I'll tell myself so I don't feel as bad. The other is doing great and I think they'll both go into the DT after 2 weeks of QT if all goes well.

How's your other clown doing? Sorry about losing the other one. My two are odd- not very aggressive eaters at all. They have me trained well though - I bring the food to them

The things we do for our fish :lol: both clowns are doing well now. I'll try and get some pics later. And!! I think the acro is turning green at the tips and base!

have you seen your plate puff up at night?? i read that's how they move, they get really big and let the current lift them. the first time i saw it, i thought my plate gonna explode.

Well, they both sort of stay partially inflated/deflated at night. Definitely not super puffed to the point of exploding-looking. And if it was going to be moved solely by current it would've been blown towards the front of the tank. Unless it can control which direction it wants to be moved in? So far it seems content to stay in its new spot as I haven't seen it change location since I helped it over the rock.

i'm sorry about one of your clowns. that

is never fun. fish are really challenging!!

And they're captive bred occellaris clowns! They're supposed to be the opposite of challenging :lol:

Will try to get some pics tomorrow. I was supposed to clean the back return pump out, but I'm lazy and didn't :lol: I did go on a vermetid snail murder spree though :furious: those things are such a pain.

Polarcollision
Well, they both sort of stay partially inflated/deflated at night. Definitely not super puffed to the point of exploding-looking. And if it was going to be moved solely by current it would've been blown towards the front of the tank. Unless it can control which direction it wants to be moved in? So far it seems content to stay in its new spot as I haven't seen it change location since I helped it over the rock.

You know racetrack rocks somewhere in the southwest desert? Whatever moved those checked in and out of your house for a bit.

Awesome on the acro color

It is so subtle my cell phone camera couldn't pick it up. Been too busy/lazy to pull out the big camera. I'm pretty sure it's not my imagination though; they're green at the tips :D

You know racetrack rocks somewhere in the southwest desert? Whatever moved those checked in and out of your house for a bit.

:lol: Tank gremlins.

Worried about the Midnight clown. It's gills look "puffy" in that when you look at the Black Ice clown it's gills/gill plates are flush with it's head and body, but the Midnight's are obviously swollen or puffed out. He also isn't eating, though he keeps looking and nibbling at food when offered, but I haven't seen him really take a decent bite. :(

I'm dosing PraziPro alongside Cupramine. I don't think it's brook since the Midnight doesn't have any noticeable slime or spots/patches. Why am I having such awful luck with freaking captive bred clowns?!?

It is so subtle my cell phone camera couldn't pick it up. Been too busy/lazy to pull out the big camera. I'm pretty sure it's not my imagination though; they're green at the tips :D

:lol: Tank gremlins.

Worried about the Midnight clown. It's gills look "puffy" in that when you look at the Black Ice clown it's gills/gill plates are flush with it's head and body, but the Midnight's are obviously swollen or puffed out. He also isn't eating, though he keeps looking and nibbling at food when offered, but I haven't seen him really take a decent bite. :(

I'm dosing PraziPro alongside Cupramine. I don't think it's brook since the Midnight doesn't have any noticeable slime or spots/patches. Why am I having such awful luck with freaking captive bred clowns?!?

Bummer! I hope he gets through whatever is going on!!!!! Just went to petco today and they had a tank full

of baby clowns :wub:.

Bummer! I hope he gets through whatever is going on!!!!! Just went to petco today and they had a tank full

of baby clowns :wub:.

If the Midnight doesn't make it I'll try one last time with a plain ocellaris :lol:. He's much more "interactive" than the Black Ice that died, so I'm hoping that's a good sign...won't make a difference if he doesn't start eating though :unsure:

If the Midnight doesn't make it I'll try one last time with a plain ocellaris :lol:. He's much more "interactive" than the Black Ice that died, so I'm hoping that's a good sign...won't make a difference if he doesn't start eating though :unsure:

Ah, so sorry that you are having fish trouble. It's very discouraging, I know. I hope the midnight makes it!

Some changes are a-coming. I've decided to bring the green cynaria/cynarina into the LFS. It's gigantic and can't inflate properly in this tank without being blown around.

Cynaria%203-26.jpg

With the space opening up, I'm debating trying a clam again. :unsure: I love how they look, but am still a bit leery after the sudden death of the last one.

Acro is getting green tips! Just barely, but they're there!

Acro%203-26.jpg

Right side pic came out a little blurry, but we get to see Tug :lol:

Right%20side%203-26.jpg

A few updates and an FTS. Apologies for the overly bright pics and the dirty glass. Cleaning day is tomorrow :P

FTS

FTS%204-2.jpg

Scooted the orange gorg over to fill the void left by the cynaria. I'm thinking in between it and the red plate is where I may try another clam. It's lowerish flow there, but should still get plenty of light with the Duo.

Got some acro frags. Not sure what this one is, or if it'll make it since I initially had it up on top of the RFA rock and it had a run in with the torch.

Green%20acro%204-2.jpg

ORA Green Slimer next to the "Purple Dreams" :lol:

Middle%204-2.jpg

Cherry Corals "Fuzzy n'Blue" and moved the ReefGen Eunicea gorg up on top of the middle rock. Moved the Sunny D palys to the 10.

Top%20mid%204-2.jpg

New rics

Rics%204-2.jpg

One of the new chalices.

Green%20eye%20chalice%204-2.jpg

The Dragon's Breath survivor is fluorishing

RFA%204-2.jpg

Sharkbait flanked by merlettis

Sharkbait%204-2.jpg

This is the best I can do with Tug. He's too fast!

Tug%204-2.jpg

The Midnight clown didn't make it :( so I'm trying one last time with a plain ORA occellaris clown. I also might have some gobies in QT for the 10 :ninja: Pics of them this weekend.

ETA: Some actinic pics

The Sunset glows under the blues :wub:

Sunset%204-2.jpg

The Pink Rim chalice from uniquecorals I got a few months back. Growing very slowly, but the pink rim is developing nicely. Can't really see the pink in this cell phone pic, but the marked line around the green body is a soft pink IRL.

Pink%20Rim%20Chalice%204-2.jpg

So sorry about Midnight :(

But the new pics look great! I love that Sunset coral under the blues :wub:

You have my sympathies about getting pictures of Tug. I got pictures of every fish in my 10g tonight except for Humphrey (the pink streaked wrasse) :D

So sorry about Midnight :(

But the new pics look great! I love that Sunset coral under the blues :wub:

You have my sympathies about getting pictures of Tug. I got pictures of every fish in my 10g tonight except for Humphrey (the pink streaked wrasse) :D

I'm tempted to set the Duo to develop cloud cover more often just so I can see the blues :lol:. Did I miss a name change on your PSW? I thought he was Fitzgerald?

Sorry about your clown........I like that shot of tug- all bright eyed. Plates are looking amazing as always

Thanks. Yea, not sure what's up with my sudden bad luck streak with clowns. Of all things, clowns :rolleyes:.

Tug is so cute!!

Yes he is :-D so glad he's not as shy anymore. When are you joining the PSW club?

I'm sorry about your clown. :( sharkbait and tug are cuties though! Everything looks great... I love the new acros you got. Pretty stuff!

Love those plate corals!

Thanks! I love them to bits, but am a bit worried about their long-term health since I seem to have poor luck with them surviving past 6ish months.

I'm sorry about your clown. :( sharkbait and tug are cuties though! Everything looks great... I love the new acros you got. Pretty stuff!

Thanks! Sharkbait is lucky he's cute because he's been causing a mess lately with the sand-spitting :rolleyes:

Did you get some GBGs????? omgomgomg

I love your new SPS :wub:.

I did! They're in QT right now though, along with a new regular occellaris clown (3rd time's a charm?) and the Black Ice. Also getting an Exuisite firefish and some red neon eviota gobies--they're for the 10--but shipping was delayed due to weather :angry: They should arrive Tuesday.

Glued the new rics down to the main "ric rock." It's pretty well filled at this point.

Ric%20rock%204-4.jpg

And...I did it. I got a new clam omgomgomg:slap: taking a big risk by getting a small one; it's only a 1.5" crocea! But, it fits nicely on the big frag disc I have it on. Sadly, Sharkbait is going to town again with the burrowing and keeps spitting sand all over the clam and the red plate :furious: I'm going to try shifting the clam over to the left and the plate a bit more forward.

Clam2%204-4.jpg

Clam%204-4.jpg

Archived