SaltCritters.com

Jaime's IM Fusion 20- June update

owenj

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, that was me misspelling, thanks for pointing it out Cindy :P

:lol::lol::lol:

whoops! i'm not a great speller actually.

and i'm the type that don't care too much about

typos with online interactions. ha!

saving that for my prose.

and i'm actually eyeing a purple firefish as

my possible next fishie. we'll see. :)

Thanks all! The clam looks like it decided to settle on the left rock since it's been there for the last few days now. Little worried about it there long term since that space isn't big enough for it if it makes it to 6", but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Sorry for the crappy pics, but had to take them all with my cellphone since the SD reader for the camera broke.

Left%20rock3%204-18.jpg

Moved the purple & green blastos over here from the 10 because Ginger was being horrible about stealing the food. This pic took awhile because usually someone gets in the way of the camera...

Left%20rock%204-18.jpg

Little scarlet hermit showed up today.

Hermit%204-18.jpg

And the RFAs are shuffling around again.

RFAs%204-18.jpg

Tug%204-18.jpg

Best I could do about Tug. He's too fast for this cellphone cam :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

whoops! i'm not a great speller actually.

and i'm the type that don't care too much about

typos with online interactions. ha!

saving that for my prose.

and i'm actually eyeing a purple firefish as

my possible next fishie. we'll see. :)

I'm so used to the red "incorrect" line that I don't always notice it :lol: I tend to have unconventional names in my stories so the word processors go to town.

My only comment about a firefish in your 8g is that I've heard they tend to like rectangular tanks for the space rather than cubes :unsure:. Hopefully Gena can chime in because I think she had that experience? Can't remember for sure. I do like the "exquisite" firefish though; spends a lot of time out in the open in the qt tank.

• 2 weeks later...

Still making due with my cellphone pics, but they did alright. ETA: I ousted Sharkbait due to the sand spitting that just wouldn't stop. He's now in the 10g, spitting sand all over the rocks :lol:

Dendro is growing a new head! You can see the start of new growth on the left head near its base.

Dendro%204-26.jpg

The red brittle in this tank is getting monstrous.

Red%20brittle%204-26.jpg

The thing whose name I will not mention has continued to move. Here is the current resting spot, who knows where it'll be in three days. Or tomorrow morning.

Clam%204-26.jpg

The exquisite firefish is in the tank! Going to wait a few more days on the clowns so he can get settled. That Black Ice is, well, let's just say that she's no angel :lol: Oh, and you can see the red chalice that I totally thought was a goner has recovered and grown back flesh all around the skeleton that was sticking out for so long. Hoping its red color comes in a bit more.

Firefish%204-26.jpg

Firefish2%204-26.jpg

Really like the file fish- with the purple lipstick your plate coral is on the move?

Thanks, I love the looks of all the ff too, so glad to have one again. I think the orange plate moved over a little from where I initially "helped" it over the middle rock, but otherwise they're staying put. I had to shift the red plate a bit because of all the rubble bits I've been putting in for the clam.

Your clam :wub:

I'm :wub: and :angry: with it. Moved again last night blah, but basically just back into the spot it was in previously.

Looking very pretty!!

Thanks Kimber!

That firefish is beautiful! Congrats on the dendro growth!

Thanks! At first I thought the dendro was getting a pimple :lol: but there are definitely tentacles on the bump.

beautiful, jaime!

and i have to admit, i can't tell your exquisite ff apart

from my pff? ha!

Probably only a real difference in price tag :rolleyes::lol: he's definitely bigger than my helfrichi was. Live said they get around a half inch longer than most of the ff.

Maybe the clam should be tethered!LOL Everything is looking very nice.

Seriously! It only moves at night so I'm like...WTF! :wacko:

whoa! i see then.

i think even the pff might start

getting too big for my 6g display area,

so the tank could not handle a bigger fishie.

mine has been good and happy so far, and

i hope yours is too.

their frowny faces are so cute. ha!

It moved again, <_< but back to its old spot so hopefully it'll stay there permanently. Having some bryopsis and diatoms on the sand, thinking I dose too much phyto so I scaled back. Also not sure the clam really needs it? Lights are good and I've got all four fish in here now getting fed daily. Maybe I'll try phyto once a week. No more Sharkbait because he was spitting sand on the clam all the time, so he's in the 10g spitting clam on the green plate :lol:

Clam%205-5.jpg

FF%205-5.jpg

Firefish has some pluck--not afraid to nip back at the Black Ice clown, and she's no angel. Clowns are making for great dither fish because Tug and the ff are out way more in the front of the tank, and not just in front of the bolt holes.

Clowns%205-5.jpg

Blurry pic of the clowns, but they don't stand still!

Dendro%205-5.jpg

Better shot of the dendro growth. :happydance:

FlamingPrawn

What are you feeding your dendro? I can't get mine to open :( Had it for 3 days now. Tried Rod's food and mysis. I think I'm going to have to go to the food market and get a raw shrimp and see if that entices him

What are you feeding your dendro? I can't get mine to open :( Had it for 3 days now. Tried Rod's food and mysis. I think I'm going to have to go to the food market and get a raw shrimp and see if that entices him

It eats pretty much whatever I throw it's way- mysis, brine, Rod's, bloodworms, LPS pellets. It'll eat the flakes I feed the fish if any blow its way. I don't feed them every day, but they get stuffed when I do feed. They're open all night and for parts of the day, but do close up for random periods when the lights are on even though they only get indirect light.

I love your colors! Can't wait for my nanobox!!

Thanks Kimber. When is your NBR coming? You've been waiting forever :huh:

kimberbee

Hopefully beginning of next week... I have been waiting way too long!

Your tank just keeps getting prettier and prettier :wub:.

How often were you dosing phyto? I think your clam is definitely benefiting from it. Maybe still do 2 or 3 times a week but don't use as much?

FlamingPrawn

It eats pretty much whatever I throw it's way- mysis, brine, Rod's, bloodworms, LPS pellets. It'll eat the flakes I feed the fish if any blow its way. I don't feed them every day, but they get stuffed when I do feed. They're open all night and for parts of the day, but do close up for random periods when the lights are on even though they only get indirect light.

I've had mine for almost a week :( still no luck with it opening. What about flow? Mine's probe med/high

How often were you dosing phyto? I think your clam is definitely benefiting from it. Maybe still do 2 or 3 times a week but don't use as much?

yeah i dose every day for my worms. and by the

time i clean at the end of 7-8 days, there is a brown

film over the glass. i don't have any snails though, they

all died and i never bought anymore.

but it's taken care of with my weekly cleanings.

but i have a small tank, so i'm used to weekly cleanings

and water changes for it.

Hopefully beginning of next week... I have been waiting way too long!

Seriously! I thought the turnaround would be faster now that Dave is going full on with NBR. It'll definitely be worth it though.

Thanks Gena! I've only been dosing phyto once or twice a week, but I'm definitely overdosing it when I do :lol:. May try to rein it in.

I've had mine for almost a week :( still no luck with it opening. What about flow? Mine's probe med/high

Mine is in medium flow, maybe med-high when the Vortech is at its highest.

yeah i dose every day for my worms. and by the

time i clean at the end of 7-8 days, there is a brown

film over the glass. i don't have any snails though, they

all died and i never bought anymore.

but it's taken care of with my weekly cleanings.

but i have a small tank, so i'm used to weekly cleanings

and water changes for it.

Yep, I've been getting soft green algae film all over the glass with phyto dosing. Still trying to find the "perfect" algae scrubber :lol:

Love the firefish - that frowny face is adorable :wub:

Yay, you're back, Teeny! :flower:

• 2 weeks later...

Oh wow much, what a beautiful looking tank. The Nuvo 20 is extraordinaire, you can just pack so much into it and it will all come together so quickly.. amazing! I really want a Nuvo, but not yet.. so much money up here in Canada for one and our dollar is so crap right now like 0.79 :(

Oh wow much, what a beautiful looking tank. The Nuvo 20 is extraordinaire, you can just pack so much into it and it will all come together so quickly.. amazing! I really want a Nuvo, but not yet.. so much money up here in Canada for one and our dollar is so crap right now like 0.79 :(

Sorry to derail Jamie...

Kijho, I forget if you've looked into crossing the border for one?

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks! I love the clean look of the Nuvo, though reaching into the back chambers can be a pain. & yea, the loony kinda sucks in comparison to the dollar right now, but it'll probably even out again & you can snap one up :D

Sorry to derail Jamie...

Kijho, I forget if you've looked into crossing the border for one?

Pfff, derail away :lol:

Archived