inTank Media Baskets

The Great Salt Lake Reef, Stay Tuned for 2.0

evan127

HarryPotter

The new clusters are in the fixture and currently lighting my system :) It was super easy to replace and the light booted up as soon as I plugged in the power supply. ESL recognized it immediately as the G3 Pro too. So, it was a bad set of clusters I originally received. Or the cable that connects the clusters to the board. They wanted me to replace that too. Either way, something was bad.

Also, going back to basics with blues in the mornings and evenings (really the Radiant Coral setting) with a 5 hour plateau of 14k. Currently at 50% intensity with a 2 week acclimation up to 70%

Very similar to my older graph with 14k. This just doesn't have the 12k climb and peak.

19501489870_43e8eb7b4b_c.jpgScreen Shot 2015-07-14 at 8.05.47 AM by Evan Cronshaw, on Flickr

Can you post the .exe file?

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks very good. I love Ecotech. I'm on the fence on upgrading my 2 Gen 2 lights to pros.

I was on the fence too. It seemed kind of unnecessary, but I am really enjoying it. The blues are amazing! I have been looking at PAR out put using an online tool and I am absolutely amazed by how much light it puts out!

Very nice! Love your tank!

Thanks! I appreciate that!

If I can figure out how to upload the schedule I will. Its essentially Radiant Coral (er whatever its called) but the three highest points are just 14k.

I am thinking of putting in an order for some copepods to reseed my refugium. I am looking at the AlgaGen ReefPods. The tisbe ones.

I put in an order at Reef Cleaners. I got some more snails, a few serpent stars and the pods+ package.

My Reef Cleaners package should arrive any moment now. I am looking forward to the serpent stars. I haven't had one for years. I don't really expect them to add much to the CUC. I really got them because they were 5 bucks and I like to feed them and watch them take food up their arms, er, appendages. :happydance:

The ceriths are the most amazing snails I have ever had. They hide in the sandbed all day and come to clean at night. They are hardy too. I actually saw one, and I am not joking, roaming around my tank the other night that I am pretty sure that has been with me since 2010.

Just did some water tests. My magnesium has dropped again. The last time I checked it was 1300ppm. I raised it up to 1350ppm over a week. Just tested again. Its now back down to 1300ppm. That seems like a quick drop.

dKH - 7.7

Ca - 430ppm

I was expecting the ceriths to lay dormant for a few more days, but they're all in the sand bed now. Yay!

I'm also looking into how to get a custom metal stand made. Anyone have any tips?

A few updates

Went from 12k to 10k. I want those little seeds to grooooooow. Same graph, but now at 65% intensity to compensate for the PAR drop from 12k to 10k.

Dosing Reef Chili (2 caps) and Fuel (15ml) twice a week.

Skimmer is only running 12 hours a day now.

Sump is cleaned up. I siphoned out some gunk during a 10gal water change.

Looking to maybe adding a small group of blue/green chromis. I love them and have always wanted a small bunch of them.

A few updates

Went from 12k to 10k. I want those little seeds to grooooooow. Same graph, but now at 65% intensity to compensate for the PAR drop from 12k to 10k.

Dosing Reef Chili (2 caps) and Fuel (15ml) twice a week.

Skimmer is only running 12 hours a day now.

Sump is cleaned up. I siphoned out some gunk during a 10gal water change.

Looking to maybe adding a small group of blue/green chromis. I love them and have always wanted a small bunch of them.

I really like the way the Chromis look, and my 3 are still "schooling" together during the day.

Sad day on the reef. The yellow watchman goby that I've had for about 3 years passed today. Now his pistol shrimp buddy is all alone. Very bummed

Thanks Mark. He was doing so well up until a few days ago. He looked thin, but was eating fine. I made sure to feed their burrow with two pieces of krill (their favorite) a few times before he passed. My girlfriend is really worried about the tiger shrimp being all alone now. I might introduce another watchman in the near future.

I really don't know what happened to him. He looked ok, just thinner. So I just thought if I target fed their burrow they would fatten up. Guess not. I saved the pair a few years ago from a local reefer. He had no idea how old they were. I am just going to assume it was old age? Idk.

I am thinking of a pink spotted watchman.

On a separate note, I just added 8 blue/green chromis :happydance:

Just a quick FTS today.

19907604948_b1cd297f68_b.jpg

IMG_1812 by Evan Cronshaw, on Flickr

I tried getting a close up of the green chromis shoal, but they are too quick for the iPhone.

P.S. I made a screen top (which I hate) because as soon as I introduced the chromis shoal, one immediately jumped. I saved the little guy from behind the stand.

Alright, so PO4 was up a bit recently. I added 2 tbsp of GFO in a mesh bag and place it in one of my baffles.

Mg was a bit low too. 1200ppm. Raising it to 1300ppm this afternoon.

All the fish are doing great. The pistol shrimp hasn't been bulldozing as usual since his little buddy passed :(

Archived