SaltCritters.com

Urbanek's 250

urbaneks

Wow

Each new post is just as amazing as the last. This is by far one of my favorite reefs on the web. Wish I had the SPS thumb like you do.

• Like 1

Wow

Each new post is just as amazing as the last. This is by far one of my favorite reefs on the web. Wish I had the SPS thumb like you do.

jbb_00 - Really appreciate the kind words. Favorite is a strong one. Thanks

May 29th, 2016 - Photo Update

In an effort to continue small but frequent updates, here are a few recent shots. Thanks for looking.

May%20FTS_zpsxrvgtxxp.jpg

May Full Tank Shot

SSC_zps3ihukx7j.jpg

Strawberry Shortcake

Slimer2_zps8xbhwop1.jpg

ORA Green Slimer - Macro Shot

Tazardi_zpsewujrkcq.jpg

Tazardi Acro

SkullCracker_zpst0wambf1.jpg

Rocky Mountain Corals - Skull Cracker

• Like 5

That ORA Slimer Macro is absurd!

Agree. Nice extended and fat looking polyps!

All the acros are so healthy and beautiful. :bowdown:

May 30th, 2016 - Response to Feedback

That ORA Slimer Macro is absurd!

Harry Potter - You have to love a good macro lens! Thanks for the view and comment.

Agree. Nice extended and fat looking polyps!

All the acros are so healthy and beautiful. :bowdown:

J-Ranko - Fat Polyps! Sounds like a great name for a new coral website. Thanks for taking the time to view and leave a comment.

This. Tank. Is. Gorgeous.

nickkohrn - I. Appreciate. This. Comment!

May 30th, 2016 Photo Update

Here is FTS that also includes my cabinet. I find it difficult to get a good photo of both the tank and the cabinet, so this was a blend of two photos.

Horizontal%20Panorama_zpsqrmw8mlp.jpg

May 30th - FTS with Cabinet

• Like 4

May 30th, 2016 Photo Update

Here is FTS that also includes my cabinet. I find it difficult to get a good photo of both the tank and the cabinet, so this was a blend of two photos.

Horizontal%20Panorama_zpsqrmw8mlp.jpg

May 30th - FTS with Cabinet

Nice job! The cabinet is almost as beautiful as the tank! How did you blend the photos? Like focus stacking but with different exposure levels?

Nice job! The cabinet is almost as beautiful as the tank! How did you blend the photos? Like focus stacking but with different exposure levels?

It's kind of like focus stacking but with focus stacking you keep your exposure set for each shot. In this instance, I took two shots, one where I exposed for the tank and a second where I exposed for the cabinet. In photoshop, I used the photo merge and it's smart enough to know which portion of each shot to use.

• Like 1

It's kind of like focus stacking but with focus stacking you keep your exposure set for each shot. In this instance, I took two shots, one where I exposed for the tank and a second where I exposed for the cabinet. In photoshop, I used the photo merge and it's smart enough to know which portion of each shot to use.

Thanks, that's what I thought. Another new thing to try :)

Just skimmed through part of you 115 thread and it's fantastic! This looks incredible too. Thanks for sharing so many insights and pictures. It's very helpful for inexperienced wannabe reefers like myself :)

Thanks, that's what I thought. Another new thing to try :)

If you google photo merge, you will get several tutorials. Not much to it.

Photoshop is just magic these days! Content aware crop is gonna be cool.

Yes Sir! Makes things pretty easy for us.

Just skimmed through part of you 115 thread and it's fantastic! This looks incredible too. Thanks for sharing so many insights and pictures. It's very helpful for inexperienced wannabe reefers like myself :)

115 thread? Are you referring to Project 365? At any rate, thanks for checking in and taking the time to leave the very nice comment.

• Like 1

115 thread? Are you referring to Project 365? At any rate, thanks for checking in and taking the time to leave the very nice comment.

Your previous tank, was it 110 gallon instead of 115?

Your previous tank, was it 110 gallon instead of 115?

Ah ha! Yes, the last tank was a 110g tank. I also have a Project 365 thread over on R2R where I'm attempting to post a photo every day of the year. I've managed to post every day this year.

Ah ha! Yes, the last tank was a 110g tank. I also have a Project 365 thread over on R2R where I'm attempting to post a photo every day of the year. I've managed to post every day this year.

That's impressive! I usually don't want to put time in uploading my below average pictures! Hope you can keep it up. I'll be following along for sure.

May 31st, 2016 - May Photo Recap

As I've done at the end of each month, here is a recap of all the photos I took of the tank in May. Thanks to all who have viewed, commented and liked. I appreciate the feedback and having the opportunity to share my reef.

Project%20365%20Month%205_zpsyifzl8mr.jp

• Like 5

Photo Recap for January through May 2016

As I've done with each month's recap, here is the year in review dating back to New Years. This is what taking a photo of the reef each day for 5 months looks like. Thanks again for all that have viewed, subscribed, liked and commented.

January%20Wrap%20Up_zpspiotcrjl.jpg
Feb%20Wrap%20Up_zpshullfs8h.jpg
Project%20365%20Month%203_zpsvgf7bfvb.jp
Project%20365%20Month%204_zpseqb8phig.jp
Project%20365%20Month%205_zpsyifzl8mr.jp

• Like 6

Fantastic! I love coming here and seeing the pictures. Project 365 is really turning out well.

Tinyreef- thanks for taking the time to view and comment.

• Like 2

I will say this build is just amazing! The attention to detail is spot on and am inspired to get my bigger tank going soon. Might even copy a few ideas you have ;)

I will say this build is just amazing! The attention to detail is spot on and am inspired to get my bigger tank going soon. Might even copy a few ideas you have ;)

Steal with pride, that's the beauty of the forums.

• Like 2

Steal with pride, that's the beauty of the forums.

Already on it :lol: I have some barn wood in the garage waiting........................