Top Shelf Aquatics

My Rockin' Flower Garden!

FlowerMama

Sorry about all the tank issues. :( It would really frustrate me for so many things to be different than how they were ordered.

Thanks, it's taken the wind out of my sails about this.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, it's taken the wind out of my sails about this.

Hang in there! Keep demanding that they make it all right. You definitely deserve to get what you ordered!

Hang in there! Keep demanding that they make it all right. You definitely deserve to get what you ordered!

I couldn't agree more.

Although the urge to get the tank up and running is likely very strong, once the newness wears off you're going to wish that you would have sent it back and had them make it right. IMO, you should send it back and get what you ordered.

I couldn't agree more.

Although the urge to get the tank up and running is likely very strong, once the newness wears off you're going to wish that you would have sent it back and had them make it right. IMO, you should send it back and get what you ordered.

Well said, Glenn. You want to have patience and make sure they get you the right thing instead of just giving in and setting it up as is.

Guess who finally got back w/ me? Deep Blue Professionals. They responded to my request at 2am by saying they sent me the updated 4 door version instead of 3!. And asked what was I trying to do? :rolleyes: Do they think I'm that stupid that they can gloss over it?

I immediately replied when I saw it at work at 3:45........

:furious: SO, this tank is considered a Frag tank 45W yet it appears to be a reef ready tank with an overflow. However, the stand is not made to be able to support any tank below it, in this case a 20g long tank as a sump/refugium.

Why was this not communicated on the website for my lfs to view? Even if that was not updated, why was this not communicated to my lfs verbally. It's not reef ready now. It does not meet my needs.

Can you send me a different stand then? How can we resolve this?
Thank You,

Then I came home from work at 5:30 and at 6:20 I get an email from my lfs indicating to please give her a call.

I called her, I said hello, and frankly told her "they're dicking me around" and what is going on?. People that know me know I don't talk like that so I'm pissed big time. She said she was infuriated when she read it. She said that she's sorry this is happening and that it seems she's always in arguments with her wholesalers and that the entire industry is getting bad like this. She stated she's been excited about my tank. FYI- she doesn't sell any nems at all. She wanted my permission to forward my emails to her wholesale rep w/ DBP.

She asked me what I wanted. I told her the easiest thing would be give me a stand that works. At the most I'd give tank and stand back. She also told me to consider that she knows someone that can build stands and I've seen the work at a friend's house, and she said it's decently priced. She'll let me know what happens Saturday by which time she hopes to hear from her rep. She apparently wrote to her rep twice and has yet to hear from them. Oh, and just a month before they ordered the stand that I needed to get w/ this tank for someone else. So, they've made changes for worse and haven't updated their website.

It's a F%$king soap opera. :angry::o:blink::(

Wholesalers are total c##k bites about stuff like this.

Just be glad you aren't dealing with blue springs aquatics.

Sorry I have been absent here on your thread :(. You should of PMed me about Deep Blue tanks. I know more about that company and there products than they do. Series 1 stand is a design flaw if you ask me. That big stand only allows for a tiny sump which is so stupid. I am not sure Deep Blue sells a stand that will fit a 20 long inside because of the supports. My LFS usually sells the Marineland stands with the Deep Blue tanks. But Marineland makes a ugly azz stand unless you go with there Monterey line and that stand would be over 500 dollars. Not really sure why Deep Blue is putting there overflows in the middle now. I didn't read all your posts but I assume your upset because of the small space inside? If you need any help shoot me a PM I would be happy to help.

No, I'm not. They only charge $20 if it was rimless, I wasn't charged for rimless. My lfs just thought it was a corner overflow instead of really looking at the website she was ordering from. She should've just called me to tell me the differences. I'm still waiting to hear from the company about the stand, for the lever that doesn't exist. Here's a better pic of the tank. It's still a really nice looking tank. 025_zps0f81883a.jpg
Hate to inform you but your LFS is not being honest. They do still make that tank in a left rear overflow. That tank is one of there newer models and they haven't quit making any of there tanks. They have quit making the series 1 stand because it's a freshwater stand if you ask me. They have quit making the series 1 stands but still have plenty of them to move. I would hope your LFS didn't order that stand on purpose because Deep Blue is selling them Cheap.

Wholesalers are total c##k bites about stuff like this.Just be glad you aren't dealing with blue springs aquatics.
Yes wholesalers are hard to deal with. But Deep Blues website where vendors place orders is very confusing. It's not Deep Blues fault I have a feeling the LFS ordered the wrong item or items. Ask her if you can see the purchase order :) I bet she says no or makes up a excuse.

Anyways that is a cool azz tank. If you get a stand made have it made Penisula style ;). Put doors on both sides and one on the end. That would be sick!

Hate to inform you but your LFS is not being honest. They do still make that tank in a left rear overflow. That tank is one of there newer models and they haven't quit making any of there tanks. They have quit making the series 1 stand because it's a freshwater stand if you ask me. They have quit making the series 1 stands but still have plenty of them to move. I would hope your LFS didn't order that stand on purpose because Deep Blue is selling them Cheap.

Yes wholesalers are hard to deal with. But Deep Blues website where vendors place orders is very confusing. It's not Deep Blues fault I have a feeling the LFS ordered the wrong item or items. Ask her if you can see the purchase order :) I bet she says no or makes up a excuse.

I have no idea now what the reality is of what was said or not said between she and/or her wholesaler rep, I don't trust either and at this point I'll just take the tank part as it is. I'll work with it. And I know my lfs will say anything she needs to in order to look good in my eyes. No, there's no honesty at all. First mistake was....they sent it to the wrong state- sent it to GA. Thanks.

Hmmm. With some time and the correct parts one could make a good stand and skin it with the crap stand's body.

How big is that tank again?

Hmmm. With some time and the correct parts one could make a good stand and skin it with the crap stand's body.

How big is that tank again?

36 x 24 x 12.

I've decided I'm returning the whole thing though to the lfs. I have an email written and ready to send soon to my lfs.

I hope you're at least compensated some $$$

I'll make sure they've returned every penny.

That's one thing I am is a patient person, quiet, subdued which always doesn't benefit me. I'm through with this. My husband woulda been proud of me for standin' up for myself. If he was alive and if this was a situation in which I was on the phone w/ people, he would have asked me to give him the phone so gently and then screamed to the high heavens at them putting them in their place.

If Lawnman is right (and I'm sure he is) and the LFS is playing you, I'd definitely want to return the whole thing.

What will you do instead?

Get my money and look at other options of some kind. Go with a different vendor and if I have to I'll drive 1 hr 15 mins or 2 hrs to a much better lfs and do it from there.

If Lawnman is right (and I'm sure he is) and the LFS is playing you, I'd definitely want to return the whole thing.

What will you do instead?

This^

Or, you could just give me the number. I am a professional bad cop.

Why not order online?

I could do that, know any reputable tank companies? DBP only lets lfs contact their wholesale reps.

Open for suggestions.

What I want.

Rimless 45 or so.

12" shallow w/overflow ready and a lid

black silicone

After I sent my lfs an email at 11:30pm on Thurs night indicating the whole thing was off and that I was bringing the tank and stand in on Sat and expected a refund at that time to my debit card, she promptly called me in the morning before starting work at her shop. I've agreed to let her take care of it one last time and get them to send the correct stand which I'll check at her shop and then I'll bring the other back. She was surprised at my email. I'm giving her one more chance to right this regarding the stand. She told me there's a 20% restocking fee- well, hell, that's not MY problem- I didn't work it out w/ the wholesaler rep

SO, I'm thinking of getting one of these. Anyone use one?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=8+outlet+strip+with+GCFI&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3A8+outlet+strip+with+GCFI

Tripp Lite TLM812GF 8-Outlet Safety Power Strip with GFCI Plug and Metal Housing 12ft Cord, OSHA Yellow 42.24. It was cheaper than getting an 8 outlet conserve energy one and combining it with a GCFI plug that would use up one of the 8 outlets.

Sorry for all the screw ups! So sucky! Makes me realize how spoiled I have been with our sponsors.

I use one of these http://www.amazon.com/GFCI-Outlet-Adapters-Single-Adapter/dp/B001OE3JHC plugged into the wall with a http://www.amazon.com/American-Pc-100A-Mount-Power-Switcher/dp/B0002GL50Q/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1398008417&sr=8-2&keywords=american+dj plugged into the adapter and it has been working well for a few years now.

My cats do trip my freshwater one now and again because they play under the stand.

drfosterandsmith used to sell the shock busters for only $10 but now I can't find them. hrm.

Waiting to hear from my LFS.

I was going to order an outlet and a GCFI plug but my mom is going to be leaving to see my sis in the Midwest for her twins baby shower so I need to send a gift card along.

What I will do though is order my 2 pieces of glass for my baffles. I decided since the Mag7 has the foam on the intake I don't have to worry about bubbles so I'm just going to do one baffle 2 inches from the top after the skimmer and another one before the pump. Everything else between will be rock. I've never dealt w/ a bigger skimmer before but I guess I need to give it like an inch of space before the baffle? And for filtration reasons and having as much live rock as possible can I make the 2nd baffle the same size as the first? Or should I make them both like 3 inches from the top of the rim to account for water backflow? I never had a built in overflow so I'm not sure how that works.

bdevillier19

i would make the baffle that controls the water level for your skimmer chamber to the recommended water level height for your skimmer. that way you are less likely to have to make a skimmer stand to adjust the water height later.

Yeah, I just read about this from an insert online- "Water level in sump should be 6”-10” as long as it is not covering the water outlet pipe". That's a range but I think I heard most people say 7- 8" or something.

A 20L is just 12 high so if I make the baffle top at 9" I think that would be good, right? I don't care if I have to raise it because of the water level as 8" divided off for the skimmer and then 6" devoted for dividing off the pump, I'm only left w/ area of like 16" for live rock which is the only biology setting item. 16" L x 12" W space isn't very large for as much live rock the size of grapefruits that I can put in there so I can have the most stability for the rock flower nems. There will not be any live rock in the breeding area.

I can probably use grate to stack it an inch or so- I need as much height as I can as the rock section is not very large. Does this sound feasible? I've only made one 10g sump before and after I made I was told I should double the amount of space for my Mag 7. It's not wide so I gave it 4.5 inches in the 10g. Should I make it like 8" instead of 6? The ATO will also go in that spot.

Anyone have a guesstimate for how much rock in pounds that would be?

Archived