Coral Vue Hydros

My Rockin' Flower Garden!

FlowerMama

aww, sorry about Millie :(

Thanks. I think I better just stay focused on removing the cyano and getting back to regular water changes and getting the snail sand sifter. I've always wanted a conch. I need to take care of these flowers.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, ordered just a couple things for this tank from SealifeInc (KPAquatics). So, this is how I'm thinking of dividing it up.

1 Fighting Conch $10.00 Rockflower tank
1 Harlequin Serpent Starfish $10.00 Rockflower tank

1 Red Mithrax Crab $5.00 Rockflower tank because I have some bubble algae too

1 Nano West Indian Sea Egg $4.00 Rockflower tank
1 Pin Cushion Urchin -small $4.50 Rockflower tank
1 Nano Red Brittle Starfish $4.25 Maiden's Voyage 34 g.

I have a regular pencil urchin in my 34. I'm thinking of moving him to Gertie's Home.

Yeah, I just went online last night and think I'm going to buy 1, nice price. I think one will be enough. I haven't looked on there in a long time and haven't bought anything in a long time. I"m having withdrawals. The toadstool is doing really well by the way. Hey, that wrasse that was in there? Do think that would be nice for that long tank? That is when I put the screen on it. I have screen in my living room, was to be for the 34 but I think I bought the wrong size and can make it for the 60.

I think the wrasse would love it :).

I think the wrasse would love it :).

I'll do it once I get the cyano and algae issue down, not to mention some GHA I pulled off, a screen on, and once I see angry pods abounding. But.... tomorrow my order comes in!! Any change to where you think any of my items should go? I picked off the bubble algae myself, but I'm still going to put the mithrax crab in the rockflower tank. I had one in my 34 but he died, don't know why.

1 Fighting Conch

1 Harlequin Serpent Starfish

1 Red Mithrax Crab

1 Nano West Indian Sea Egg

1 Pin Cushion Urchin -small

1 Nano Red Brittle Starfish

If you're only getting one, I would switch the conch to the hawkwing, they're much cooler than fighting conchs :)

But, they can get really big, so I didn't want to get one, and the one this site has is like 3.5 when sent out.

But, they can get really big, so I didn't want to get one, and the one this site has is like 3.5 when sent out.

You're talking the difference between 11.2cm and 12cm in maximum recorded size between S. alatus and L. raninus. In captivity, there won't be a difference.

I'll do it once I get the cyano and algae issue down, not to mention some GHA I pulled off, a screen on, and once I see angry pods abounding. But.... tomorrow my order comes in!! Any change to where you think any of my items should go? I picked off the bubble algae myself, but I'm still going to put the mithrax crab in the rockflower tank. I had one in my 34 but he died, don't know why.

1 Fighting Conch

1 Harlequin Serpent Starfish

1 Red Mithrax Crab

1 Nano West Indian Sea Egg

1 Pin Cushion Urchin -small

1 Nano Red Brittle Starfish

Sounds like good placement to me! Has the pencil urchin been behaving in the 34? I had one that would eat clove polyps. My brother has one that goes to town on his GHA. He was just commenting on that last week. Maybe move the pencil into the flower tank as well? See how it does. And put the pin cushion in the 34 if you need it there. You can always swap them later down the road too :).

Well, the pencil urchin is just getting larger and knocking some things. Most things are glued down but the one favia was not. I don't have one in Gertie's tank at all, so no one's really cleaning. I have snails in there from the 34 but they seem to be doing maybe a little more there than in the 34. Those are great for Gertie's entertainment though.

Oh, and unfortunately, that order went out today, so I won't see it till tomorrow. : (

You're talking the difference between 11.2cm and 12cm in maximum recorded size between S. alatus and L. raninus. In captivity, there won't be a difference.

SealifeInc said the one they'd be sending was huge! 3.5" so I didn't want one that big, not yet anyway. I'd rather it grow into that but not come like that.

Well, the pencil urchin is just getting larger and knocking some things. Most things are glued down but the one favia was not. I don't have one in Gertie's tank at all, so no one's really cleaning. I have snails in there from the 34 but they seem to be doing maybe a little more there than in the 34. Those are great for Gertie's entertainment though.

Oh, and unfortunately, that order went out today, so I won't see it till tomorrow. : (

I thought about getting a pincushion urchin but I have a few things not glued down and I don't want it walking off with that stuff LOL. If I find one locally, I may just get it. I just really don't want to pay the overnight shipping from one online.

I thought about getting a pincushion urchin but I have a few things not glued down and I don't want it walking off with that stu

ff LOL. If I find one locally, I may just get it. I just really don't want to pay the overnight shipping from one online.

There's some hair algae in the 60 so it can take out some of that. The pincushion urchin and the nano sea egg are apparently aggressive algae eaters.

New pics of the new residents.

Red Mithrax

http://s1278.photobucket.com/user/1stimereefer/media/022_zps7d8d1a41.jpg.html'>022_zps7d8d1a41.jpg

"small" Pin cushion urchin. It's larger than a ping pong ball so in my book that's larger than small. A beautiful purple color.

http://s1278.photobucket.com/user/1stimereefer/media/025_zpse618a0ba.jpg.html'>025_zpse618a0ba.jpg

West Indian Sea egg- love it! I already so it's mouth scraping off the walls. Smaller than the pin cushion urchin.

http://s1278.photobucket.com/user/1stimereefer/media/026_zps01a40d38.jpg.html'>026_zps01a40d38.jpg

Florida Fighting conch

http://s1278.photobucket.com/user/1stimereefer/media/028_zps1e7447a1.jpg.html'>028_zps1e7447a1.jpg

love my Harlequin Starfish. His legs are as long as my fingers.

http://s1278.photobucket.com/user/1stimereefer/media/030_zpse30f5b1d.jpg.html'>030_zpse30f5b1d.jpg

Not pictured, my red brittle starfish.

The "running" starfish is neat. I've never seen that before.

I know, fast isn't it!!!

Oh, and I'm calling my red crab Ruby. The second one they gave me for free I put in the 34g and her name is Rosie.

Those harlequins are so cool and very hardy. I've had mine for a couple of years now and they are soooo easy to keep. They just munch on the food that the fish miss :). I don't even have to target feed them.

Those harlequins are so cool and very hardy. I've had mine for a couple of years now and they are soooo easy to keep. They just munch on the food that the fish miss :). I don't even have to target feed them.

Since I don't have any fish, they'll just have to get what falls away if the nem doesn't grab it. Do they climb all over things to get it? that was another thing I wanted when I read up on your tank back when. Your tank was/is inspirational.

And I'm loving all the critters!!! Didn't know I was a critter kinda gal.

Since I don't have any fish, they'll just have to get what falls away if the nem doesn't grab it. Do they climb all over things to get it? that was another thing I wanted when I read up on your tank back when. Your tank was/is inspirational.

Awwww...thanks :happy:. Mine hardly come out actually. You only see legs most of the time. They like to hide in/under the rocks and reach out to grab the food. They will come out of the rocks though for the food, I have seen them do it. They have voracious appetites! See how it goes when feeding the nems. You can always target feed them the food. Actually just dropping nearby where they hang out is all you need to do. They are such interesting creatures.

Awwww...thanks :happy:. Mine hardly come out actually. You only see legs most of the time. They like to hide in/under the rocks and reach out to grab the food. They will come out of the rocks though for the food, I have seen them do it. They have voracious appetites! See how it goes when feeding the nems. You can always target feed them the food. Actually just dropping nearby where they hang out is all you need to do. They are such interesting creatures.

Gena, I love your little Marilyn Icon by the way.

Archived