inTank Media Baskets

GTi's CAD Lights 34G Mini-II

GTi

Awesome deflector! I'm about to have to do something similar as I'm almost giving up hope on the intake basket.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome deflector! I'm about to have to do something similar as I'm almost giving up hope on the intake basket.

Thanks! I should have done it ages ago but I hoped In-Tank would have had a finished basket a long time ago. Cadlights should have their own solution as the water running down the back of the false wall through the foam blocks is a bit inadequate.

HarryPotter

Thanks! I should have done it ages ago but I hoped In-Tank would have had a finished basket a long time ago. Cadlights should have their own solution as the water running down the back of the false wall through the foam blocks is a bit inadequate.

Have you tried increasing flow? I believe that if you do, the water will form a waterfall effect and not run down the false wall!

(In my nanocube I upgraded stock pumps, and now the water shoots into the media basket)

That's a good point. I did the opposite! I felt the stock pump had too much flow from a single point. It was also quite noisy. I replaced it with a Sicce and have additional water movement from the MP10s. From what I recall, even with the higher flow stick pump, only the very front edge of the floss got dirty.

Latest addition from Happy Coral. As they are in Michigan, too, shipping is only $20 for livestock.

Sorry about the white balance.

Drip acclimated for 80 minutes. Scrubbed shell with toothbrush and inspected under magnifier for hitchhikers.

Intake was quite wide open for a while. I fed the tank with some coral frenzy and all is looking good now.

One of the turbos found it right away and has been snacking on things attached to its shell.

IMG_0308_zps9a138ba9.jpg

Another addition coming tomorrow... :ninja:

Beautiful clam sir! I'm jealous.

Thank you!

I'm waiting on a shipment from Saltwaterfish that was Overnight Priority with FedEx. It was shipped on time and then sat in Memphis overnight. Now it's at the Detroit airport and the estimated delivery date has changed from 'by 10:30 am' to 'N/A'. As there's livestock in there, I'm not happy right now.

It might be ok - the tracking on the clam was messed up (UPS) because it missed a scan or something.

UPS and FedEx have always had good tracking and have worked well for me. Hopefully this won't be the exception.

Thank you!

I'm waiting on a shipment from Saltwaterfish that was Overnight Priority with FedEx. It was shipped on time and then sat in Memphis overnight. Now it's at the Detroit airport and the estimated delivery date has changed from 'by 10:30 am' to 'N/A'. As there's livestock in there, I'm not happy right now.

It might be ok - the tracking on the clam was messed up (UPS) because it missed a scan or something.

UPS and FedEx have always had good tracking and have worked well for me. Hopefully this won't be the exception.

Hope its just an error in the system. I hate hearing this kind of stuff.

Hope its just an error in the system. I hate hearing this kind of stuff.

Me too! Unfortunately the times for each scan seem feasible and it looks like it just sat there overnight. I emailed the vendor and am waiting for direction. Sitting around waiting is the worst - you daren't go too far from the front door in case they ring and run but you also don't want to think about it too much because it's stressful. Anyway, fingers crossed!

Thank you!

I hate that stuff. I've been waiting on my sump for almost 2 weeks. It had a delivery date of tomorrow but it arrived in my town Tuesday night at the post office with another one of my packages. They both departed the sorting post office to my local post office at the exact same time. One of my packages made it to the local post office and went out for delivery yesterday 2 hours later. My sump made it to the local office at 4am this morning. What gives?! It could have been delivered yesterday as it clearly was on the same truck. I usually have better luck with USPS but not this time.

Also I hate with UPS or FedEx Ground sit on a package in their sort centers for 3 or 4 days just to hit the 6-7 day window. haha

I hate that stuff. I've been waiting on my sump for almost 2 weeks. It had a delivery date of tomorrow but it arrived in my town Tuesday night at the post office with another one of my packages. They both departed the sorting post office to my local post office at the exact same time. One of my packages made it to the local post office and went out for delivery yesterday 2 hours later. My sump made it to the local office at 4am this morning. What gives?! It could have been delivered yesterday as it clearly was on the same truck. I usually have better luck with USPS but not this time.

Also I hate with UPS or FedEx Ground sit on a package in their sort centers for 3 or 4 days just to hit the 6-7 day window. haha

I know how you feel. I had an item shipped by FedEx that arrived at the local depot ahead of schedule. They updated the status to 'Package not due for delivery' and sat on it for another day! While I am sure it's not easy running one of these businesses, some of the things that go on are just daft!

I know how you feel. I had an item shipped by FedEx that arrived at the local depot ahead of schedule. They updated the status to 'Package not due for delivery' and sat on it for another day! While I am sure it's not easy running one of these businesses, some of the things that go on are just daft!

I worked for FedEx Home Delivery for almost 2 years about 5 years ago. I'd get calls in the middle of my route to come back to the warehouse to pickup a package someone just desperately needed. I've made that same call twice with livestock and I get the "Sorry Sir. We don't have that kind of contact with our drivers." That is BS.

I worked for FedEx Home Delivery for almost 2 years about 5 years ago. I'd get calls in the middle of my route to come back to the warehouse to pickup a package someone just desperately needed. I've made that same call twice with livestock and I get the "Sorry Sir. We don't have that kind of contact with our drivers." That is BS.

You should call them out on it! It seems that many customer service reps know so little these days. I'm always pleasantly surprised if I get someone helpful who actually achieves something!

You should call them out on it! It seems that many customer service reps know so little these days. I'm always pleasantly surprised if I get someone helpful who actually achieves something!

Sadly, this is so true, and not just in the shipping business. :slap:

Package arrived at 2:30. Fish is being drip acclimated. The Ricordea isn't anything like the photo but still nice and it has 2 mouths.

Here's the Ricordea after temp acclimation, dip and sticking to a plug. I think prefer what I got.

IMG_0313_zps85fb9c92.jpg

It was shown as this (not a WYSIWYG product):

orange-ricordea.jpg

Fish is acclimating still. He's tiny. When I checked the site, they did specify 0.75 - 1.25 inches long. He's probably at the lower end of that size range but seems fine so far.

What kind of fish is it??

That ric looks pretty good! It's def not the one pictured, but not bad.

I was trying to build up some suspense! It's an ORA White Spotted Pygmy Filefish. I'll try to get a pic when acclamation is finished and he's in the QT.

Agree about the Ric.

I was trying to build up some suspense! It's an ORA White Spotted Pygmy Filefish. I'll try to get a pic when acclamation is finished and he's in the QT.

Agree about the Ric.

Well, you definitely had me on the suspense!! I had a feeling it was something different like a filefish or scorpion. Can't wait to see some pics!

Well, you definitely had me on the suspense!! I had a feeling it was something different like a filefish or scorpion. Can't wait to see some pics!

Good guessing. He's still in acclimation but here are a couple of quick shots. I'm hoping the photo in Live Aquaria is representative. That's where I first saw these and I was going to buy from them but they sold out last week!

IMG_0314_zps547f3220.jpg

IMG_0315_zpsde4741af.jpg

Good guessing. He's still in acclimation but here are a couple of quick shots. I'm hoping the photo in Live Aquaria is representative. That's where I first saw these and I was going to buy from them but they sold out last week!

IMG_0314_zps547f3220.jpg

IMG_0315_zpsde4741af.jpg

Not sure if I should even tell you this, but I just saw a pair of these guys in the Divers Den about 15 minutes ago...

Not sure if I should even tell you this, but I just saw a pair of these guys in the Divers Den about 15 minutes ago...

It's all good. There was a pair late last week and while I was deciding if I wanted 2 of these guys or one of these and a Possum Wrasse, they sold. Then I found them at Saltwaterfish and decided to go for it. I had some vacation this week which made it easier to receive the delivery so I needed to get it done.

Your Wrasse and Anthia look cool. Funny enough, a few weeks ago, I bought a Vertex Duo magnetic cleaner so I could make my own magnetic rock so I could mount SPS to it on the back wall...

It's all good. There was a pair late last week and while I was deciding if I wanted 2 of these guys or one of these and a Possum Wrasse, they sold. Then I found them at Saltwaterfish and decided to go for it. I had some vacation this week which made it easier to receive the delivery so I needed to get it done.

Your Wrasse and Anthia look cool. Funny enough, a few weeks ago, I bought a Vertex Duo magnetic cleaner so I could make my own magnetic rock so I could mount SPS to it on the back wall...

LOL Thats awesome. Some ironic similarities between our tanks. If you end up deciding to get someone else to make you the mag rock, I could not be happier with The Alternative Reef. He worked with me to make that one custom, and it still only costs me $100 or so after shipping costs.

Archived