SaltCritters.com

Nanofreak's Z'z & P'z Paradise....

Nanofreak79

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nanofreak79

I'm not getting those anymore. :( I will have some pics from legendary corals, hopefully today.

I thought it would take it longer for a smaller heater to keep temp at range? Either way I upgraded from the two year old finnex I had laying around.

Not really much of a difference in time it will take to heat up especially if your running a controller with it kicking on with a minimal change in temp anyway. Instead of running for 45 seconds it might run for 35-40, but will use 50w more to get the job done slightly faster.... which still isn't going to make a huge difference consumption wise anyway... it just isn't going to make much of a difference either way.

I'm not getting those anymore. :(

Well what the hell, did glendo kill em :( Either way sucks those were pretty damn sweet.

Nanofreak79

Chris I love the new profile pic. Classic. The heater was an accident. I meant to order the smaller. I guess my math skillz is no good. The stuff from Glenn was a no go, it's complicated.

Chris I love the new profile pic. Classic. The heater was an accident. I meant to order the smaller. I guess my math skillz is no good. The stuff from Glenn was a no go, it's complicated.

Yeah like I said the heater isn't a big deal, just isn't going to make a difference like many might think it would. Just be careful in the summer if its not running properly through a controller, while it might not make much difference in most aspects it will heat the tank a bit quicker in the event of it sticking on full throttle ;)

That sucks on the stuff from Glenn....

I spyyyyy some rastas :) !!! I was so tempted to get a 3 polyp frag for $25 yesterday. I'm regretting it now lol.

Tank looks amazing man. Going to look ridiculous when everything's all grown in.

Nanofreak79

Thank you. Things are slowly popping new babies. I'll try and get some better pics. I was using the camera for the third time today.....not really the greatest pics.

For it being the third time you seem to have a good hand on the camera. Regardless, everhthing is awesome looking . Try getting some individual frag shots :D

Nanofreak79

I will. The camera lens I got is a 50mm. I need to get a macro lens to get the close ups. I'm sure I can get some better ones with this lens, just nothing as detailed as a macro. I wanted my first les to be something I could use all around.

Tanks lookin good man, but you know it'd look better with some acros on the tops of those mountains lol

I will. The camera lens I got is a 50mm. I need to get a macro lens to get the close ups. I'm sure I can get some better ones with this lens, just nothing as detailed as a macro. I wanted my first les to be something I could use all around.

Get some macro extension tubes, they are like 10-15 and will get you macro shots. Not quite as clear/high quality as a nice dedicated macro lens but its a cheap introductory to macro shooting ;) You can get a set of autofocus (if they make them for your camera I dunno...) for like 50-75+ but most macro-work seems to be best in manual mode anyway.

Nanofreak79

Here are a few I just took with the tube. You can adjust it by removing three rings. I think I'm shooting in the wrong mode and ISO/aperture settings.http://flic.kr/p/nUeefx'>14374530951_fd03d7abed.jpghttp://flic.kr/p/nUeefx'>IMG_8361 by -Nanofreak79-http://flic.kr/p/nC2K36'>14191225869_0deffd0ec1.jpghttp://flic.kr/p/nC2K36'>IMG_8360 by -Nanofreak79-http://flic.kr/p/nWiEDF'>14398029833_7ab7d486aa.jpghttp://flic.kr/p/nWiEDF'>IMG_8359 by -Nanofreak79-Terrible......

Don't make me put sticks in my hooker/std tank. Not a good mix. My other tank has a few nice sps. If I can figure out this camera maybe I can show em to ya......derp.

As you can see I'm still dealing with this poop brown algae. I think it's just the whole new tank thing.

Nanofreak79

They were called splattered melons. I got them from coralgardensaquaculture. They basically were a morph, that's now changing back to whammin watermelons. To bad I paid more than what I should have for a $3 per polyp zoa. Oh well. You win some lose some.

$1 :)

Yeah that's the only thing that suck about Zoa's. They change colors too fast and depending on lighting,they can morph into someone completely different than what they are.

I had some watermelons that where under T5's at the store and morphed under mh and t5's in my tank and looked them up online and they were calling "kaleidoscopes" or some sh*t and going for $10 a polyp. BS !! Thank god I only

Paid $10 for about 15 polyps lol.

I don't think the sexual reproduction of Zoanthids and Palythoa's have anything to do with their color and why they morph. I believe they are asexual if I'm not mistaken.

How/why Z's and P's change color with different types and intensities of lighting is the same reason why SPS do,and I'm assuming that would be Zooxanthella.

Nanofreak79

It was just a bad joke. Yes your correct though. My sps either bleach or do good. My zoas usually stay true unless I hit em with too much light. Then they get translucent, or losing there zoanthelae.

Here are a few I just took with the tube. You can adjust it by removing three rings. I think I'm shooting in the wrong mode and ISO/aperture settings.14374530951_fd03d7abed.jpgIMG_8361 by -Nanofreak79-14191225869_0deffd0ec1.jpgIMG_8360 by -Nanofreak79-14398029833_7ab7d486aa.jpgIMG_8359 by -Nanofreak79-Terrible......

Don't make me put sticks in my hooker/std tank. Not a good mix. My other tank has a few nice sps. If I can figure out this camera maybe I can show em to ya......derp.

As you can see I'm still dealing with this poop brown algae. I think it's just the whole new tank thing.

I'm definitely not a picture pro by any means but the pics look blurry like there was some movement... do you use a tripod, or shoot handheld??

It could also just be the blue leds running wild.....

I wanna see SPS!!!!

Nanofreak79

It was probably my settings for sure, but I also did not use my tripod. I'll try and read up tonight on the camera. Sps snob! :)

It was probably my settings for sure, but I also did not use my tripod. I'll try and read up tonight on the camera. Sps snob! :)

I am an sps snob, I won't deny it. It might not take much to convert me tho, lately I haven't seen any sps anywhere that I really feel like I need :(

Nanofreak79

I'm looking for sps for the now 45 gallon. I really only have real estate for some sps at this point, especially jumping down another 12".

I'm looking for sps for the now 45 gallon. I really only have real estate for some sps at this point, especially jumping down another 12".

If I find some good ones I'll let ya know.

I think I'm gonna get some weeds/ misc. shit for the 40 soon just to get some color in there so its not so boring. I just dunno what the hell to get cuz that stuffs not really been my thing for years lol

Archived