Pod Your Reef

Nanofreak's Z'z & P'z Paradise....

Nanofreak79

I took it all apart and soaked in vinegar. It still doesn't seem to be producing head. Lol. I'm not sure what's up. I'm hoping that cleaning it made it need a new break in period. Although last time I cleaned it it produced foam pretty good right away.

If it won't produce head smack it around. Almost guaranteed head

In all seriousness, it looks like it's getting air but maybe not enough. Make sure nothin is in the airline.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nanofreak79

Ok, I was gonna offer both rocks......but yeah!

If it won't produce head smack it around. Almost guaranteed head In all seriousness, it looks like it's getting air but maybe not enough. Make sure nothin is in the airline.
I tried pushing the head down and up, nothing worked. Then I cleaned the skimmer top to bottom and messed with it. Still nothing.

ok is the air line little connector thing secured on the pump tight

also is the bubble plate set up so the solid part is directly over the pump outlet.

tell me if it need to take pictures of mine to explain

Nanofreak79

I think so? I took everything apart and put it back together. The white plate is screwed on by a hollow nut type thing. There is no other way to screw it up, unless I'm missing something. It was doing this before I cleaned it.

I think so? I took everything apart and put it back together. The white plate is screwed on by a hollow nut type thing. There is no other way to screw it up, unless I'm missing something. It was doing this before I cleaned it.

As far as the bubble plate part he is asking if the solid part is over the pump outlet or the part with the holes over the outlet...

Nanofreak79

Thanks!

I actually just turned the plate so the bubbles were over the holes and not the non holed area. Now I've got considerably more height. Sticking my hands in here always lowers it too.

The way yours is pictured is how my plate was, but it's now turned so the water and air blast right through? Not sure what's up with that.
Nanofreak79

I'm not sure what's up. It wasn't working for shizz, then I vinegar soaked everything. Now it's clean and not clogged up at all. Maybe I just now put the plate the right way after cleaning it. If that makes sense. So it was jacked and then I jacked it up after fixing it, until you posted that pic, which got me thinking.

The instructions with all skimmers seem to be lost in translation or lack thereof.

Nanofreak79

So your plate is wrong. The holes should be over the outlet of the pump. According to what I did. For all I know the last cleaning I screwed it up. It wasn't but a month ago I cleaned it.

Lazy Chinese cant be bothered to put holes all the way around the plate. <_<

Yeah, Chinese are lazy...

If I don't like the way it works I'll just sell it and get one of those new reef octopus vertex omega clones. :P

Nanofreak79

Before I screwed it up it's been a real beast. I like the BM skimmers. I've had three now and this one kicks ass for the $200 I paid. Are you using it on the breeder?

Nanofreak79
Izzat a bot?
Yeah wtf is that. Why would I want your shizzy bulbs?

interested on how your tank will turn out. subscribed
Thanks mane!

Yeah wtf is that. Why would I want your shizzy bulbs?

Thanks mane!

Has to be a troll. Those bulbs aren't even halides....

Nanofreak79

Go away! I just reported you, you crazy bot/weirdo.

It's his pleasure to mail with me......ohhhhh yeah!

Archived