Pod Your Reef

Natalia's Nuvo 8 Zoa Garden...RETIRED!

natalia_la_loca

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah flatworm exit killed one of my micro mini carpets.... It had just split. I saved one by getting it into the pico. the pico seems to be relatively free of infestation.

HarryPotter

Yeah flatworm exit killed one of my micro mini carpets.... It had just split. I saved one by getting it into the pico. the pico seems to be relatively free of infestation.

Flatworm exit killed 50+ RFAs at VIP reef

natalia_la_loca

yeah, FWE is maddening. It really was surprising to me because I've thrown huge doses (4+ times the recommended dosage) in my bigger tank with no ill effects to anything but flatworms (although never enough to kill them off entirely).

Yeah, I eventually took all fragile life out and dosed the crap out of the tank. took several large doses to nail teh flatworms. Made my poor fireworms dreadfully sick

natalia_la_loca

The recovery continues. More zoas are opening up...but it is sooooooo slllloooooooow, and there are still a lot of wide open spaces.

Happily, the petroglyphs are coloring up. And the miami vice zoas are perking up a lot, they look almost kinda sorta normal and are eating again. I'm kicking myself for not taking a pic of them when they were looking really bad, you would not believe how awful they looked and how much they have improved! It's just that I was so sad seeing their decline, I couldn't bear to take a picture.

19862054722_d12d4dce85_z_d.jpg

Nanofreak79

Glad to hear things are coming back! Nothing good happens fast, but bad things seem to happen fast and make a lasting impression on our reefs. Of course you've heard this. I had a tank crash and another, my Zoa tank, lose many of my prized frags. Now my zoas are doing great and I'm getting growth. Those petros still make me jelly, one of my faves I lost. Good luck and hope recovery speeds up. Have you tried any supplements or reef roids, anything to try and help growth and recovery?

natalia_la_loca

Glad to hear things are coming back! Nothing good happens fast, but bad things seem to happen fast and make a lasting impression on our reefs. Of course you've heard this. I had a tank crash and another, my Zoa tank, lose many of my prized frags. Now my zoas are doing great and I'm getting growth. Those petros still make me jelly, one of my faves I lost. Good luck and hope recovery speeds up. Have you tried any supplements or reef roids, anything to try and help growth and recovery?

thank you for the encouragement :) yes, I have changed up the feeding a little. Now, in addition to feeding rods food coral blend daily, i target feed a tiny scoop of either reef roids or coral frenzy, on alternating days. It seems to be working!

Hmmmmm, I've been doing reef roids every other day. I may try doing Rod's every day as well. Your zoas are so beautiful even as they are still recovering!

natalia_la_loca

I highly recommend it, definitely make sure it's the coral blend as otherwise the particle size is too big.

The recovery continues. More zoas are opening up...but it is sooooooo slllloooooooow, and there are still a lot of wide open spaces.

Happily, the petroglyphs are coloring up. And the miami vice zoas are perking up a lot, they look almost kinda sorta normal and are eating again. I'm kicking myself for not taking a pic of them when they were looking really bad, you would not believe how awful they looked and how much they have improved! It's just that I was so sad seeing their decline, I couldn't bear to take a picture.

19862054722_d12d4dce85_z_d.jpg

Everything is looking so much better!!! Beautiful.

natalia_la_loca

Continued improvement! It's so nice to see them coming back :)

here's a top down FTS I took a few days ago. Shortly after I took this picture, I moved the ultra searchlights from the frag rack to the tower at lower left, to fill in the space left vacant by the "Twilight Zone" caribbean zoas that died (I lost about 2/3 of them).

I've made a decision: I'm not going to buy expensive zoas anymore. There are enough beautiful no-name zoas out there to keep the tank looking great without throwing away so much money.

19360057744_394457c610_z_d.jpg

natalia_la_loca

Things are really starting to look up now.

19476390093_68e166805a_z_d.jpg

These little blue zoas were closed for weeks.

19476390593_508f7469bb_z_d.jpg

The "JF bozos"/emeralds on fire were closed a long time too, I thought for sure they were done for.

19909298108_77fb09e343_z_d.jpg

The splattered melons are still angry but looking better.

20089629562_a99592dbec_z_d.jpg

ultra searchlights in their new location

19912263938_5bdd310771_z_d.jpg

All in all, a vast improvement!

19476578273_0fbb012148_z_d.jpg

Wow, things are looking good again in a hurry!

I've made a decision: I'm not going to buy expensive zoas anymore. There are enough beautiful no-name zoas out there to keep the tank looking great without throwing away so much money.

Yep, me too! And we'll keep on saying that right up until Aquascapers has another sale :D

Oh crap, I just checked and everything's half off right now. And those Pangeas look really sweet...argh omgomgomg

natalia_la_loca

Wow, things are looking good again in a hurry!

Yep, me too! And we'll keep on saying that right up until Aquascapers has another sale :D

Oh crap, I just checked and everything's half off right now. And those Pangeas look really sweet...argh omgomgomg

Your colors are so pretty and it's great that the zoas are rebounding. I am really happy for you!

Looks great and glad the tank is bouncing back!

-Dave

thanks guys :grouphug: teeny, I think at those prices, the Aquascapers zoas fit into the cheap-zoa category ;) All zoas at Aquascapers will continue to be at half price until they move, I don't remember if that will happen in August or September.

I think I am near an end of my zoapocalypse. things are starting to open again.

That's fantastic!!! Any idea what is causing the recovery?

Things are really starting to look up now.

19476390093_68e166805a_z_d.jpg

These little blue zoas were closed for weeks.

19476390593_508f7469bb_z_d.jpg

The "JF bozos"/emeralds on fire were closed a long time too, I thought for sure they were done for.

19909298108_77fb09e343_z_d.jpg

The splattered melons are still angry but looking better.

20089629562_a99592dbec_z_d.jpg

ultra searchlights in their new location

19912263938_5bdd310771_z_d.jpg

All in all, a vast improvement!

19476578273_0fbb012148_z_d.jpg

Beautiful photos!!!!!

That's fantastic!!! Any idea what is causing the recovery?

I dimmed the lights.

I think my power supply had more power than the old one that frizzed out, so my tank might have been too bright (at its former settings). Things closed down and shrank. I noticed that the re-opened zoas appear bleached. SO I am hoping that my diagnosis is correct. I have had some issue with a mystery virus or something, but now it appears to be the zoas are opening again, finally after a few weeks. I hope they recover from their bleaching.

Archived