Coral Vue Hydros

Natalia's Nuvo 8 Zoa Garden...RETIRED!

natalia_la_loca

natalia_la_loca

hey you guys, long time no see :happydance:

Been super busy with end of summer stuff. We did a long biking/camping trip, canned tomatoes, made food, ate food, and painted. Here's a little tiny panel painting I just finished.

20802329813_46fd48fbfe_z_d.jpg

Now I'm working on a new painting that will incorporate some of the corals in my aquariums. Pics to follow, when things are further along.

And of course my zoa garden has been chugging along. I haven't really made any changes lately. Still lots of zoas, still lots of vermetids :blush:

21094772480_330c0ccf6e_z_d.jpg

21290978571_c8992eb7c1_z_d.jpg

21094777420_4b80e79310_z_d.jpg

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply
natalia_la_loca

thanks everybody :flower:

My day job has just granted my request to switch to part time so I can have more time to paint. I've finally gotten comfortable enough with my art sales and frugal spending/saving habits to take the plunge :happydance:

hey you guys, long time no see :happydance:

Been super busy with end of summer stuff. We did a long biking/camping trip, canned tomatoes, made food, ate food, and painted. Here's a little tiny panel painting I just finished.

20802329813_46fd48fbfe_z_d.jpg

Now I'm working on a new painting that will incorporate some of the corals in my aquariums. Pics to follow, when things are further along.

And of course my zoa garden has been chugging along. I haven't really made any changes lately. Still lots of zoas, still lots of vermetids :blush:

21094772480_330c0ccf6e_z_d.jpg

21290978571_c8992eb7c1_z_d.jpg

21094777420_4b80e79310_z_d.jpg

Love your art work!!! and your beyond beautiful reef garden!!!

As always great looking tank. The tank sure has come a long way since i spotted you on here. The painting is very beautiful, and looks like a picture taken with a camera.....very nize!

natalia_la_loca

thanks you guys :)

Last night I did a water change and finally got around to glueing down the last couple of zoa colonies. No more frag racks in there for a while I hope! Then I moved that frag rack over to the damsel tank and cut some frags from my purple sponge colony. Going to sell them to the LFS for store credit to help pay for my hobby :)

• 2 weeks later...

Everything is looking fantastic! I love the painting too - congratulations on the job status change. There's nothing quite as satisfying as being able to really pursue your passion.

• 3 weeks later...
natalia_la_loca

thanks everybody :) sorry for the lack of updates. I had a business trip, got a cold, and then got deep into the preliminary drawings for a new painting. Here is a small section of it.

22320205381_d16b674787_z_d.jpg

Here are some new pics of the zoa tank, it's doing fine. I have a new invader to report: the oompa loompas expired, but the hydroids they brought with them did not! So those are spreading, little by little. They're not really visible in the pics but are making their way up the central column. Maybe they'll have a battle royale with the vermetids and they'll kill each other off. (one can dream.)

Merythinia, in answer to your question, I have the nanobox set with the blues at about double the strength of the whites to bring out the fluorescence in the zoas. I don't remember the exact setting off the top of my head.

22160784402_f9d4ea8d77_z_d.jpg

21635076045_34725ae8ec_z_d.jpg

21550647284_b8791d7d24_z_d.jpg

21383228139_e322e7ca30_z_d.jpg

And here's a pic of my damsel tank. I took a ton of blue/green kenya trees to the LFS and the tank is doing fantastically well. Have I mentioned how much I love easy-care fish and corals?

22147272286_19bf619491_z_d.jpg

Anyone else want to see a finished painting? Or am I just alone in this?

Edit: Then I scroll up and realize I already have.

Wow, gorgeous! Both the art and the tank :D

Love the zoas, what're the ones with the lime green skirt and orange centers on the left?

BTW need more pics of damsel tank :)

natalia_la_loca

thanks guys :) I'll be sure to post updates of the new painting, and some more pics of the damsel tank. This painting will be a big one for me--24 by 30 inches. Usually I work much smaller.

natalia_la_loca

Natalia! I didn't realize you paint! I also paint. Love your work! And your tank is looking fabulous :)

thank you Stella :flower: reefer-painters of the world unite! ("reefer-painters"...that didn't quite come out the way I intended, lol)

thank you Stella :flower: reefer-painters of the world unite! ("reefer-painters"...that didn't quite come out the way I intended, lol)

HAHA! I love it. Reefer-painters :)

Painting sketch loos awesome. Tank is doing good, sorry bout the oompa loompas. love seeing this tank. your tank gives me some inspiration for my new z and p only nano.

Archived