ReefCleaners.org

Steensj's IM Nuvo 16( Equilibrium Reached)

Steensj2004

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Steensj2004

Well, came home to two boxes....I believed that it was everything for my Nanobox Duo, but to my pleasant surprise my Wireless bridge came for my net module as well. The box with for the net module said,"May contain awesome" on the side. :lol: I thought it was funny before I realized the Duo parts were not inside, still funny though. Dave sent some killer instructions, and I have the light installed and set up for now. A lot more cords than I anticipated, so there will be some wiring to do. I also realize I am going to need another PC4 for my controller so I can have the fan turn on and off at the right times. A lot more to this thing than I had anticipated,lol. Here is my overall impression of the light:

Pros:

-Amazing quality, the aluminum/paint work is perfect, the gooseneck is beyond killer(thanks for convincing me to use it Dave). The amount of pride and quality of work is apparent the second you open the box Couldn't be Happier.

- Color is great, I suppose I will need to do some work with adjustments to get the look I want.

-The Controller was surprisingly easy to learn the basics on.

Cons:

-The connections for the power supply are lose, easy to bump and shut off the light. This isn't anything Dave did, they are made this way, no biggie as once I am done zipping the cords it won't need to be moved again.

-Contoller box feels chincey, again because of the custom nature not something Dave is responsible for. I believe the box is made to be removed and only acts to enclose the insides after building.

Overall:

Quality of the light is as everyone has said, no need to say it all again. Not one regret, and the only cons are small and are nothing Dave has anything to do with. If you are considering buying this light, stop considering it.....and just effing buy it,period.

I will have to wait to get the net module up and running, I need another powestrip..... No biggie, I can get it all mounted with the Wireless Bridge tomorrow when I am cleaning up the wires. I knew I shoulda just ordered another PC4 <_<

post-79843-0-92934100-1395524390_thumb.jpeg

post-79843-0-61460300-1395524399_thumb.jpeg

post-79843-0-57998400-1395524406_thumb.jpeg

post-79843-0-04293300-1395524413_thumb.jpeg

post-79843-0-31775100-1395524489_thumb.jpeg

Steensj2004

Big problem with the above post....

no pictures!!!

Sorry, have to send from phone to computer, then edit, ahaha

FIXED IT!

Steensj2004

Here is an update on the corals....My Phone takes AWEFUL pics so the colors on these aren't nearly as impressive as in person( forgot a lot of the names after leaving, I am bad about that,lol). Added the following:

-Valida Acro

-Multiple Zoas(Fire and Ice, and a few others I forget the names already, haha)

-Aliviapora(SP?) Blue and green

-Green Splatter Hammer

- Monti Cap, this one we took 3 pieces...Purple, green, and Orange/red and glues to a frag. Hoping they mix and grow out.

- Also threw in a Mandi.... and before people jump all over my a$$ I have had 3 of these before. I had one successfully in a Biocube 29, and two in my 75, all did well. My LFS always has pods and I will dose as needed. It is also eating frozen(watched it). I have one hell of a pod bloom(glass is actually hazy) so he should be ok for a short time. Have some Nutra Ova on hand to feed as well,and I can/will dose pods every 7-10 days(or as otherwise needed).

post-79843-0-41335400-1395525091_thumb.jpeg

post-79843-0-46765900-1395525094_thumb.jpeg

post-79843-0-08899100-1395525098_thumb.jpeg

post-79843-0-24793100-1395525102_thumb.jpeg

post-79843-0-93974100-1395525105_thumb.jpeg

post-79843-0-73594700-1395525109_thumb.jpeg

Steensj2004

Looks great! I am working on a mold for the Storm contollers :)

Big things to come.

-Dave

Couldn't be happier Dave! I am aware that those enclosures are not your workmanship(this is obvious by the quality of the light components). You are a true craftman! I apologize if I got annoying asking for progress updates all the time,hehe. Maybe if your lights weren't so awesome people wouldn't get antsy. :happy:

I need to add that the controller enclosure isn't cheap, I mis-explained what I was trying to convey. The box seems to be assembled after the components are placed inside. Looks to be a factory enclosure. I am sure if Dave is coming up with something else it will be light years nicer. The current enclosure is sturdy, just not rock solid like his aluminum light enclosure. I suppose his amazing crafmanship on his equipment makes the non-Nanobox stuff seem cheap,haha! :lol:

Steensj2004

Mother effing yasha somehow made it past the glass top.....dead. Found on floor a few seconds ago. How the hell can they get through the top!? Nothing has been chasing him, no idea. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr pissed.....

Ah that's a bummer, sorry :/

I bought a sheet of filter floss and cut a slim strip that I wedge between the acrylic back and the glass top (with the glass top slid all the way to the front). I actually took it off the other day because my wife said "Fishy won't want to escape, and he wouldn't fit anyways." I may re-think that idea...

I can take a picture to illustrate if you want.

Steensj2004

Ah that's a bummer, sorry :/

I bought a sheet of filter floss and cut a slim strip that I wedge between the acrylic back and the glass top (with the glass top slid all the way to the front). I actually took it off the other day because my wife said "Fishy won't want to escape, and he wouldn't fit anyways." I may re-think that idea...

I can take a picture to illustrate if you want.

I plan to make a screen top soon. I will be making sure that it fits as tightly as possible with a little space/gaps as possible. I am so disappointed, had to pick up friggin fish-jerky... :( Poor guy....guess when the Pistol shrimp gets here he won't have a buddy right away.... :closedeyes:

Steensj2004

Ok, Innovative Marine spin stream users.....I am getting random puffs of micro bubbles from my return outlet. The stock outlet doesn't do it, only the one with the spin stream, it is driving me nuts! Any ideas?

Ok, Innovative Marine spin stream users.....I am getting random puffs of micro bubbles from my return outlet. The stock outlet doesn't do it, only the one with the spin stream, it is driving me nuts! Any ideas?

I only get micro bubbles from my spin streams when the level is low in the back. I had to really adjust my ATO sensor several times to get it just right because of the bubbles they throw out.

Steensj2004

I only get micro bubbles from my spin streams when the level is low in the back. I had to really adjust my ATO sensor several times to get it just right because of the bubbles they throw out.

Hmmmm, how high do you keep the levels in the back chamber?

Hmmmm, how high do you keep the levels in the back chamber?

I personally keep mine main sump just about a 1/2" below the outer chambers. This minimizes the waterfall effect and less bubbles.

Steensj2004

I personally keep mine main sump just about a 1/2" below the outer chambers. This minimizes the waterfall effect and less bubbles.

I see, hmmmm.....my float switches cant even be adjusted that high with the DA mounts...lol

I see, hmmmm.....my float switches cant even be adjusted that high with the DA mounts...lol

I had to modify mine slightly. BTW... light looks great!!! Too bad its not over a 24!! LOL

I am using my lat and long to set the sunrise and sunset. And I have a 45 minute ramp time and using a 1 hour ramp delay on my whites. That way it ramps to the blues, then the whites come on. Then the opposite at the ends of the day.

Steensj2004

I had to modify mine slightly. BTW... light looks great!!! Too bad its not over a 24!! LOL

I am using my lat and long to set the sunrise and sunset. And I have a 45 minute ramp time and using a 1 hour ramp delay on my whites. That way it ramps to the blues, then the whites come on. Then the opposite at the ends of the day.

Haha, shut-upa yo face :P

Gotcha, that is actually pretty close to what I have going on. I don't have the ramp set separate though, have to change that. Thanks!

More Updates, I got my Net module set up and running. Was easy as pie. Plugged the net module and wireless bridge in, downloaded the app and BOOM. ready to go. I just got a new Iphone today too, downloaded the mobile app for the net module. I still need to figure out how to find the URL, whatever that is? :rolleyes: Otherwise I can't log into the mobile app. I need to clean up wires and crap soon, also needs me another PC4, it never ends :)

Steensj2004

How about some suggestions on some inverts to add next? Taking a poll! Strongly considering ordering another Yahsa with a Tiger Pistol? anyone have some more options?

I wanted a goby/shrimp pair, and plan on one in the future. I also like cleaner shrimp, as they serve multiple purposes :) Plus the wife wants one... haha

Archived