ReefCleaners.org

Steensj's IM Nuvo 16( Equilibrium Reached)

Steensj2004

Steensj2004

They have a .5, 1.0, and 1.5....ill check it out, but fairly certain the stock pump is 200 and some change gph.....

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stock on a Nuvo 16 is 211 gph. The 1.0 would be an upgrade and give you 251 gph and it will fit in the chamber. Or you could go with the 1.5 and that will provide 357 gph and should fit as well, but I would go with the 1.0 and both have 1/2" fittings which should be plug and play.

Steensj2004

Stock on a Nuvo 16 is 211 gph. The 1.0 would be an upgrade and give you 251 gph and it will fit in the chamber. Or you could go with the 1.5 and that will provide 357 gph and should fit as well, but I would go with the 1.0 and both have 1/2" fittings which should be plug and play.

Gotcha, might go that route. Want the quiet, tank would be whisper silent if return pump wasn't so noisy. Also need some more stuff...heheheheh(evil grin).

-Another PC4 for fuge and some nit noid stuff

- really want to run a float switch inside ATO tank for low level alarm. Which leads into the next thing...

-SL2 module. For both ATO resivoir low level switch and salinity probe.

- Dosing pump for an AWC...people use their controller for this but I am unsure how....also concerned about it being precise...

Lol, this never ends....my budget is absolutely Hiroshima-ed at this point, hehehe

If you would have listened, which is not one of your strong points, and got the Apex instead I could have helped you with it all including programming. LOL :D

- Dosing pump for an AWC...people use their controller for this but I am unsure how....also concerned about it being precise...

Steensj2004

If you would have listened, which is not one of your strong points, and got the Apex instead I could have helped you with it all including programming. LOL :D

Listen here....lol. I WOULD have gone with a 24 per your suggestion, I just couldn't cram it in the space without it looking bad. I like RKL systems, I am aware apex has some advantages, but I have zero complaints with my controller. Besides, I plan to pig out on another 75 gallon in the back room in the near future. This was SUPPOSED to be a simple little nano so I could have something in the living room....problem is I spend so much dang time on here and fish store sites I end up hitting,"Checkout" all the time....hehehe.

Ohn I forgot, you can't tell me what to do!You aren't even my real dad!!!!GAH!

Steensj2004

No....still waiting on my light and everything I wanted was high light....sigh. I will be back in Jax in June....and they said they will ship if I wanted to order something I saw.

Anyone want to shed an opinion on how well they think the refugium helps their system with the intank basket? I have always had kind of a negitive view of such small refugiums......maybe I am wrong?

I'm actually removing mine this weekend and placing my other reactor in its place. I'll run GFO in one reactor and carbon in the other. I do 20% water changes every week so not worried about nitrates. Running purigen too but bit sure how much it helps.

Steensj2004

Apparently, the person I bought my Net Module from paid for 2 day shipping and USPS decided that 5 days was good enough. What is the deal with these companies and not giving an fliying you know what? Honestly, during this build I have had CRAP service from every friggin shipping place.....UPS,USPS,Fed-Ex. Nice to know that you pay for crap you simply do not get. Rant over,lol.

I'm actually removing mine this weekend and placing my other reactor in its place. I'll run GFO in one reactor and carbon in the other. I do 20% water changes every week so not worried about nitrates. Running purigen too but bit sure how much it helps.

Considered running one reactor, even two. But seeing as I am a water change who-ore, I am little concerned by stability. I imagine the Macro can't HURT anything. I will likely be shooting for 5-8 gallons a week anyway. Maybe less until I get the AWC worked out. Standard combo for bagged media seems to be CPE/Purigen, what can it hurt,right? I prefer reactors, however, unless you are around the 24 gallon range I feel frequent water changes negate the need for much else.

I would hold off on a reactor until it's needed. I think in a 16g with frequent water changes CPE/purigen are going to be more than adaquette, especially if you get some macro up and running (and staying alive!).

Also, I can't stand the shipping companies -_-

Steensj2004

I would hold off on a reactor until it's needed. I think in a 16g with frequent water changes CPE/purigen are going to be more than adaquette, especially if you get some macro up and running (and staying alive!).

Also, I can't stand the shipping companies -_-

I got inside UPS' arse about my tank shipment...lady lied to me, and when I called her on it she said,"Sir, you FORCED me to give you false information." I lost my cool on that one. Not so much as a ,"Sorry" or anything. Grrrrrrr :angry:

Anyway, really hoping this wireless bridge/adapter works on my New Module. I am not much of a computer guy and hope it works.

http://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-WNCE2001-Universal-Internet-Adapter/dp/B007CO5DZ4/ref=pd_cp_pc_0

That's the same gaming adapter I have on my apex on my 60g. Works fine for me.

I think I've stated before in the thread, so excuse the double post if I have, but I replaced my stock pump with two Ehiem 600's, which is a total of 320gph, flow is fine in my tank. BUT, I only have rock in it right now, this weekend I'll settle on a scape, then I'll add sand. Hopefully I won't have a sand storm.

I'll get a pick of that PS on the tank this weekend, JIC you change your mind. I do know one other person on WAMAS that PS has been on his Nuvo 16 for over a month now, he traded it for the IM skimmer, says it's night and day, he is very satisfied. It was on the tank when I leaked tested it, but took it off when I added the rock. I know, doesn't make sense, it'll be back on this weekend once I settle the scape, add sand and start zeo dosing.

Steensj2004

That's the same gaming adapter I have on my apex on my 60g. Works fine for me.

I think I've stated before in the thread, so excuse the double post if I have, but I replaced my stock pump with two Ehiem 600's, which is a total of 320gph, flow is fine in my tank. BUT, I only have rock in it right now, this weekend I'll settle on a scape, then I'll add sand. Hopefully I won't have a sand storm.

I'll get a pick of that PS on the tank this weekend, JIC you change your mind. I do know one other person on WAMAS that PS has been on his Nuvo 16 for over a month now, he traded it for the IM skimmer, says it's night and day, he is very satisfied. It was on the tank when I leaked tested it, but took it off when I added the rock. I know, doesn't make sense, it'll be back on this weekend once I settle the scape, add sand and start zeo dosing.

I am looking for the most quiet pumps I can find....Looking for something that will allow the tank to be completely quiet, apparently the Sicce pumps are ghost quiet. I am gonna try out this refugium thing.......I just can't imagine any problems with 5-8 gallon water changes weekly(50% being a lot). Heck, I changed 20 gallons a week in my 75 and barely had to dose,lol.

For shits and gigs I just built a SR80 dream tank setup. Literally everything one could ever want....5k later and I could have it :lol:, my GF would cut off my testicles.....haha

You'll be in good shape with your current plan. Just got my Sicce yesterday, planning on hooking it up tonight! I'll let you know how quiet it is.

The protein skimmer I have on my 60g (Vertex 130) has a Sicce pump, it is very quiet. I also have running a Eheim 300 on a Zeovit reactor, just as quiet. The Eheim 600 are dead silent also. Have to say, the only pump I have that is not dead quiet is my return pump on the 60g, Eheim 1262....it hum's, not bad, but I can still hear it, go figure.

You should go for the SR80, just buy components monthly...so it doesn't hurt all at once. Plus, she's your girlfriend, not your wife!!!

Steensj2004

The protein skimmer I have on my 60g (Vertex 130) has a Sicce pump, it is very quiet. I also have running a Eheim 300 on a Zeovit reactor, just as quiet. The Eheim 600 are dead silent also. Have to say, the only pump I have that is not dead quiet is my return pump on the 60g, Eheim 1262....it hum's, not bad, but I can still hear it, go figure.

You should go for the SR80, just buy components monthly...so it doesn't hurt all at once. Plus, she's your girlfriend, not your wife!!!

De-Testification hurst just as badly at the hands of any woman! haha

Steensj2004

Pic of Eshopps Nano skimmer on my Nuvo 16g:

EshNanointank.jpg

Nice.... Problem is,with the fuge basket I donno where to put my heater as the skimmer would have to go in the other large chamber....

Yeah, I had to buy a Colbolt 75w which is short enough to fit in the first chamber. My chambers are, left to right, 1-heater, 2-ps, 3-ATO and return,4- media basket (zeo rocks), 5-the last chamber right now has nothing in it. I'm not using any sponges, chemi pure or purigen as I'm trying to go Zeovit products. Not sure it's going to work tho as the zeolite rocks are not in a reactor with the proper flow. I'm trying to find out if I can get the IM reactor pump down to 12gph, I don't want to spend 100$ to find out it's a no go.

Anyway, looking forward to following this thread........

Steensj2004

Yeah, I had to buy a Colbolt 75w which is short enough to fit in the first chamber. My chambers are, left to right, 1-heater, 2-ps, 3-ATO and return,4- media basket (zeo rocks), 5-the last chamber right now has nothing in it. I'm not using any sponges, chemi pure or purigen as I'm trying to go Zeovit products. Not sure it's going to work tho as the zeolite rocks are not in a reactor with the proper flow. I'm trying to find out if I can get the IM reactor pump down to 12gph, I don't want to spend 100$ to find out it's a no go.

Anyway, looking forward to following this thread........

I have gone through so many options I cannot stand it as far as filtration. Tryingto keep it simple, but I am interested in Zeovit...so PLEASE let me know what you find out. I may lay heater across the bottom of the return chamber to open up my chamber for a skimmer.

Just ready and anxious to get my light and last supplies to get this build moving forward. Pretty boring lately....

Steensj2004

Going over my invert list, think I have finalized but need some advice. Wanting some Pom-Pom Crabs, however, do I need to be concerned with the nems on their claws stinging stuff? Planning on some acros and SPS and have no experience with the Pom-Poms.

Steensj2004

You'll be in good shape with your current plan. Just got my Sicce yesterday, planning on hooking it up tonight! I'll let you know how quiet it is.

Yo! What's the word on that new pump,lol? Is it as quiet as they say?

Steensj2004

So, Came home to a Reefer's dream, I had livestock in my hand from the LFS, and an InTank box on my doorstep. Picked up a few shrimp, a crab, and a special little fish I couldn't resist!

Build quality of the media baskets is amazing, no regrets ordering this stuff. Did a 3.5 gallon water change and installed the baskets. I also removed the backing for the Fuge, however my LFS was out of Chaeto. So the fuge will have to wait. I am only running CPE in one basket and the Purigen in the other....Both have Filter Floss on top. That should be plenty shouldn't it? Or should I run CPE and Purigen in both sides? New to the media basket deal, only ever had a sump and reactors,lol. Anyway, I will get some pictures up of the livestock in a few, to start I got:

-2 Sexy Shrimp

-1 Pom-pom

and the fish was a last second steal.....got it 20.00 cheaper than you can get it anywhere else, and it is something different. An ORA Red Sea Mimic Blenny! Couldn't pass this guy up. he was different and I had to have him!

Still waiting on my light, my LFS guy has some KILLER coral....dying waiting for this thing.....

post-79843-0-74134900-1395183250_thumb.jpeg

post-79843-0-43959200-1395183262_thumb.jpeg

post-79843-0-10498500-1395183274_thumb.jpeg

post-79843-0-80695800-1395183283_thumb.jpeg

post-79843-0-86433400-1395183297_thumb.jpeg

Steensj2004

Somebody is getting more brave! The Pom-pom and sexys have gone into hiding. Went ahead an rigged up my fuge light until my Duo gets here. Sold the two skyye lights so I needed something for now. Dave said I would have my light this week....getting nervous and impatient.....lol

Apparently Amazon.com thinks a wating over 7 days to ship a friggin wireless bridge is good customer service. I ordered this thing 7 days ago and it STILL hasn't shipped. Seems a bit ridiculous to me, last time I order anything from them. <_<

post-79843-0-41564300-1395190772_thumb.jpg

Prime shipping FTW! Sorry for my hiatus, been spamming the refresh button on the Nanobox order status forum ;)

Didn't install the Sicce yet since my stock pump quieted down for the time being. When I do get around to putting it in, I'll let you know how it is :)

Glad you like the inTank stuff, I told you it's awesome quality! Also, I love your pom-pom crab, those guys are so cool!

Archived