Top Shelf Aquatics

Steensj's IM Nuvo 16( Equilibrium Reached)

Steensj2004

Steensj2004

Prime shipping FTW! Sorry for my hiatus, been spamming the refresh button on the Nanobox order status forum ;)

Didn't install the Sicce yet since my stock pump quieted down for the time being. When I do get around to putting it in, I'll let you know how it is :)

Glad you like the inTank stuff, I told you it's awesome quality! Also, I love your pom-pom crab, those guys are so cool!

Lol, yeah....good Lord, I just cancelled my order. I can reorder from somewhere else and get it before those knuckleheads mailed my order out! LOVE the InTank stuff, Thanks StevieT! and thanks for convincing me to use his stuff tpme06.

I am currently looking at the new Fusions.....trying hard not to bite on the 30L,lol. I also spoke with Dave F. and he is boxing up my light today, shoul ship today or tomorrow. I bet yours is also going out with this bunch, I think we were about the same as far as light build progress, if i recall correctly.

I absolutely LOVE this Blenny, he is pretty fantastic and warmed up pretty fast to the tank.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You ain't seen crap! Wait until you see that output of the lights. Awesome and so bright, I can probably only run mine around 60% max for this tank.

Steensj2004

My LFS guy runs his Radions at 100%, so it makes acclimation pretty easy,lol. I cannot wait to see this light, I am dying for some of these frags my LFS has. Does Dave send some kind of tracking number when he ships the light?

I also reordered my Wireless bridge for my controller as I cancelled with Amazon the other day. Should be here next week Monday or Tuesday. At that point I should be rolling pretty good!

Steensj2004

What was the seller asking for the ultra rasta's? Those things are INSANE.

Yeah, tell me about it, I have no idea what he wanted but I woulda paid it, haha. they were sold before I could see.I am super surious about my light, but I've bugged him so much I don't wanna ask again,lol

Steensj2004

What is is like waiting for your NanoBox Light(heck, any item for your aquarium) when you know it is in the mail....

Hmm... I'm thinking about a Two Little Fishies reactor. $35 and I can hang it on the back side of the tank! Need to do some more reading.

Steensj2004

Hmm... I'm thinking about a Two Little Fishies reactor. $35 and I can hang it on the back side of the tank! Need to do some more reading.

I used the TLF 150s on my 75 gallon, had 2 of them. ran them in series with a MJ1200. Carbon first and RowaPhos second. they are great! If you have the room for a pump you cannot go wrong! you could even run two in series andopen your chambers back up!

do you know if Dave provides tracking numbers? He left the PM conversation and so I have decided not to bug him anymore. I feel as though I may have asked hime to many questions between completion, legs vs gooseneck, etc. lol

Hm, that might be a good suggestion to run two (I have the room behind my tank to hang them). Wondering if it will be overkill running carbon and GFO. Right now I have purigen and chemipure elite in the media baskets lol. I'm thinking I would take out the chemipure if I ran two reactors? Never ran so much media!! Not even sure it's necessary...

Steensj2004

Hm, that might be a good suggestion to run two (I have the room behind my tank to hang them). Wondering if it will be overkill running carbon and GFO. Right now I have purigen and chemipure elite in the media baskets lol. I'm thinking I would take out the chemipure if I ran two reactors? Never ran so much media!! Not even sure it's necessary...

You could run CPE in a reactor....I always run some kind of GAC/GFO combo. A 150 might be big enough to run both....My LFS guy has created a reactor that has a cartrige. You can pack the cartridge with whatever media you want, seal it an drop into the reactor(similar to an RO/DI canister). It is BadA$$.... anyway....you cold just run GFO in the TLF 150 and CPE/Carbon in your baskets....Carbon works pretty well in bags.

I'm thinking of running both GFO and Carbon in the one reactor (separated by multiple sponges). Since I have purigen/CPE in the media baskets, I really only need tablespoons worth of each media. I think that is what I'm leaning towards.

Even with GFO/Carbon in the reactor, I should still keep the purigen/CPE?

Steensj2004

I wouldn't run all 4.....maybe GFO, and either carbon OR CPE. You running a skimmer(I forget). If you are I would run biopellets. Lol.

Sorry, I am trying to get this 25mm cannon apart and my mind is on fish stuff, cannon, corals, canno. Hahaha

I am running a skimmer. Ah, too many options. I feel like with WC's/skimmer as it is I won't have too high nitrates, so that is why I was focusing on maybe running the GFO only since I don't have a great way of reducing phosphates. I can always switch the media out based on my needs.

I may start with GFO in the reactor. Leave my CPE and purigen for now. When the CPE is expended, I may add carbon into the reactor along with the GFO. If I have nitrate troubles down the road I'll add back in the CPE and run biopellets in the reactor. Phew, that's a lot.

Steensj2004

Hahaha, sounds like you are in my same position.... Ditch fuge basket and run skimmer and two reactors, one reactor and a fuge, one reactor and skimmer and fuge, and so on.....about to roll with fuge, cpe/purigen and filter floss with 8 gallon water changes weekely.

Ya, I do like the "simple is better" approach. Unless you are seriously over stocked, your plan should be fine above. I just keep going around in circles. I think I'm going to leave my system as is for now. I MAY add GFO in a reactor, but that is all unless I have a good reason to change things up. No point in adding a reactor/complicating matters even more unless I can answer the question "why is this necessary?"

Going to take a few deep breaths and step away for now :P haha

Steensj2004

Haha, you are literally doing the SAME thing I was doing(actually think there are a few posts a while back on this thread) in relation to filtration. I keep forgetting that this is a 16 gallon, big, weekly water changes will almost make it where I don't need to dose, as it will replenish trace elements(although I plan on lotsa SPS so I will still have to dose). Just need to step back sometimes with whatyou already have and say,"Das ich Goot!"

Steensj2004

Ya, I do like the "simple is better" approach. Unless you are seriously over stocked, your plan should be fine above. I just keep going around in circles. I think I'm going to leave my system as is for now. I MAY add GFO in a reactor, but that is all unless I have a good reason to change things up. No point in adding a reactor/complicating matters even more unless I can answer the question "why is this necessary?"

Going to take a few deep breaths and step away for now :P haha

Tpme06, thanks a lot! Now I have spent the last 16 hours thinking about what I am goin to do as far as filtration.lol! I like the TLF 150 idea but am concerned with hanging any weight on a Nuvo tank(considering thier history with glass intergrity ). I think I am going to go ahead and grab a Eshoppes Nano skimmer, and run my fuge/Media baskets. I am going to try to lay my heater across the bottom I suppose. I figure I can run CPE/Purigen/ Filter flossi n my baskets, the Fuge for nutrient control(assumeing this small of a fuge does squat, which I am not convinced it does), and a skimmer. If the need arises, I will Throw a reactor inside the fuge area instead of the intank basket. Might jsut pull the ejection handle on the Fuge all together and order a reactor when I order the skimmer....... <_< thanks for dragging me into the hole with you! hahaha

I got a used midsize reactor :) not going to use it unless I start getting high phosphates or nitrates. At least I'll have it on hand though!

Steensj2004

I got a used midsize reactor :) not going to use it unless I start getting high phosphates or nitrates. At least I'll have it on hand though!

hahah, good plan. I might do the same, but I do think I wanna run a skimmer anyway. Trying to snatch up some of those ,"Ultra Rastas" from a fellow reefer on here....you seen those bad boys yet? Here is a picture borrowed from Polyp Addict, he has sold out, so I am looking elsewhere.

post-79843-0-50675700-1395409190_thumb.jpg

Archived