Innovative Marine Aquariums

Just ordered this LED light

05XRunner

that sucks..but I guess with any electronics there is always a chance something might go bad. Even the expensive ones out there malfunction.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that sucks..but I guess with any electronics there is always a chance something might go bad. Even the expensive ones out there malfunction.

aren't maxspect razors melting?

I think I heard something about the radions too..

so yeah, flaws and quality control issues are going to happen..

Thanks for the review. I was going to DIY something for my mantis tank but at this price I may wind up with one of these. I don't need anything particularly powerful anyway as what coral I do add will be very high up in the tank.

edit I don't know why my post has weird formatting

patrickbruno91

I'm intrested to hear about this light but I'm wondering has anyone ever used this light or seen a review of ithttp://www.micmol.com/aquamini/features.html not to hijack but since we are talking about new lights I will also post another new topic on it.

He has one on his frag tank.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/338258-aio-12-acrylic-frag-tank-fueled-by-fishy-nightmares/

so i pulled out the reflectors on the light and it gives much better color blending then with them. I am still waiting on those 2 lenses I ordered for the light. Said will be in between feb19-27. My one gripe about the light is the color. It just doesnt get blue enough for me. I have to run the tank with only the blue ch on for it to look good for my eyes. any bit of turning on the whites and the tank gets to white for my liking. Just wondering if running only blues with the red and greens is enough spectrum without the whites. my other idea was to run the whites a few hours a day while I am at work on timers and only the blues when I get home to look at it. then I will get benefits from all

my other idea was to run the whites a few hours a day while I am at work on timers and only the blues when I get home to look at it. then I will get benefits from all

I think this would work fine..

I will take some tomorrow without the reflectors. I dont have the new lenses yet hopefully this week they come in. yea thats my only complaint about this light is its a very white light for me running just blues and no whites is the color i like.

here is without the reflectors in the light

http://s12.photobucket.com/user/05Xrunner/media/40%20Breeder/JON_3059_zpsc9082f8b.jpg.html'>JON_3059_zpsc9082f8b.jpg

it mixes the colors alot better if you go back and watch the video yo will see 2 roughly 2-3" circles on the sand that have a purples look to them from the reflectors.

Now tehre are no more hot spots like that its much more even looking

just way the camera metered for the photos between the 2. there is no difference in coverage. atleast not to the naked eye. No 2 pictures will look the same on brightness if I am shooting in aperture priority mode because the metering is always changing depending on what is in the scene. the only way it will stay constant if i shot them on M mode with the exact same settings. Judging a lights coverage ability and brightness from a camera is pretty much useless.

no intensity and brightness doesnt seem to have changed. Only way i would truly be able to tell is if i had a par meter.

you would have to replace the entire led cluster. the cluster in the light is basically the same thing as that lumia just less ch.

Yea that photo I edited it to try and make it match how it looks in person. In person it may have just a pinch more blue but it's pretty close

I got my lenses in

http://s12.photobucket.com/user/05Xrunner/media/40%20Breeder/JON_3075_zpsde56a805.jpg.html'>JON_3075_zpsde56a805.jpg

They blend better then with just reflectors only. no hot spots but it seems they blend best with no reflectors or lenses. With the lenses it looks like about 1.5" on each side of tank got a tad darker but I am assuming the overall light is boosted just a tad because there is a lens on the LEDS intensifying them some.

so i took out the reflector

http://s12.photobucket.com/user/05Xrunner/media/40%20Breeder/JON_3079_zpsb46572b1.jpg.html'>JON_3079_zpsb46572b1.jpg

now there is now dark edges and its just as bright as before. Color mixing is better as well. at the very far edges of the tank with the reflector you could see some color separation but not anymore. I am going to keep it this way. I get better coverage, good color mixing and a little more intense of a light since it has a lens on it

Has anyone ran one of this off of any of the controllers? I thought I found on google that you can dim these with an analog input replacing the potentiometer. If someone has done this can you post pictures of the setup?

defective_weeble

Just ordered one of these last night on your recommendation. I actually prefer less blue, so fingers crossed that this is what I'm wanting. I'm using it on a 20 long, so I should get some pretty great PAR at depth.

Archived