Top Shelf Aquatics

Just ordered this LED light

05XRunner

The greens and reds are the on the blue channel. That's kind of a bummer. You'd think they'd be the white channel. Look forward to some pics/video.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know I had the idea for this kind of led years ago. Multiple diodes packed closely together on a single heat sink. People told me it was stupid and would never work. Now I am seeing this type of setup appear more and more. Maybe I should have patented the idea.

Yea and the whites spectrum definitely looks more like warm whites not cool white. I am my disappointed in the light. Especially for the money.

Yea and the whites spectrum definitely looks more like warm whites not cool white. I am my disappointed in the light. Especially for the money.

why would you want cool white?

If I only had a 10k or 14k to choose from then I guess the 10k. But in all reality I would buy a fixture that uses cool whites if I could help it.

sorry i havnt got the video up..today was almost 50 and I just spent the past 3hrs washing my car cleaning all the salt off and pulled all the wheels to pressure wash the suspension. I am heading out to home depot shortly to get some stuff to hang the light then I will get some up.

here is the unboxing

no it may be just a tad more white in person i think it looks decent. if it was up to me I wish i could make it a bit more blue..i am a blue kinda guy for my tanks. but for the value i will not complain if it cant get as blue but still seems to make nice color. I am sure things will change in the color once more rock is in..its aged and there are corals to reflect different colors in the tank and not like it is now a hospital white color with new rock and sand and still cloudy tank. The shimmer i feel is very nice its not Kessil nice like i said but very close

and here is the video

its hard to see alot of the color or intensity because my 7D kept trying to auto correct for exposure and white balance and kept messing with the color

i think it would make it a little more blue if red and green was on white ch. then you could have blues at alot more intensity and keep the reds dimmer with the whites. but the more i look at it the more i like the color I got it set at. for $139 shipped I think its a pretty good buy

Need to move the light a little to the right. The shading over on the right is very noticeable.

I would personally get a second fixture but thats me.

Nice light. I was expecting it to be a bit smaller, looks huge. How is the temp on the light? Are the fans fairly quiet? Light quality looks pretty good and the shimmer looks decent as well for the price. Now get that tank stocked up so we can see more

temp doesnt seem to much at all..the only part that has any heat to it is the plastic cover right under the LEDS and its only warm at best. Fans are pretty quiet. id say you cant hear them if your like 2-3feet away.

Archived