SaltCritters.com

Just ordered this LED light

05XRunner

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that's interesting..

Your using the word 'guessing', probably means you dont have it over water yet.

When you do, that's when you should write your review of your $140.00 experiment to save money.

he said he just ordered it, of course he doesn't have it over his tank yet.

if we don't try different products, how will we know which ones actually work? this isn't the standard Chinese led array (the shell looks like a Chinese knock off but the array is obviously new/different. given the two point sources, I'm guessing it'll give good shimmer like running two kessils..

are you suggesting everyone needs to spend $600 on a fixture? I have a buddy in town running two cheap Chinese ebay arrays and has great coral color, maybe it would be better under a different fixture, but honestly it's working well for him.

most of the time its people who have the expensive lights and they have to knock cheaper alternatives just to justify in their head the price.

I was looking at a radion but I did not want it because its shimmer isnt what i find appealing. thats with most LED out there. Radion, AI and any of the multi LED layouts. its the fast jittery movement and I hate that. I had 2 kessil 15k over my last 30breeder and it was fantastic I just wanted something that i could adjust the color of the light. i didnt want to pay $800 for 2 a350 and i just stumbled on this and well it seems to fit the bill perfect to what i wanted. and if i need more light for my 40B I will just order another and be set for the price of just 1 kessil A150w with goose neck.

When you get it post a review. Looks good from the picks but I didn't see any info as far as spectrum of the LEDs it uses. For the price its worth a try.

I will give it a review when I get it. Review will be on a tank with only sand and rocks as I am just getting ready to fill with water

When you get it post a review. Looks good from the picks but I didn't see any info as far as spectrum of the LEDs it uses. For the price its worth a try.

it says white, blue, red, and green. it doesn't specify which whites, which blues, etc.. and cyan would be better than green, but green isn't horrible either..

I'd be interested in seeing a review when you receive it and another in a month or two when you've had some coral under it for a while...

I can't find a website for the company but the other 2 led aquarium lights they sell on amazon both got 5 stars so hope this is good to. I also wondering how much spread each light can cover

I will give it a review when I get it. Review will be on a tank with only sand and rocks as I am just getting ready to fill with water

I can't seeing it as being too bad. People have had good luck with the Chinese black boxes that use cool white and blue LEDs only so this should be no problem. My only concern would be a heat issue and how loud are the fans to keep the heat under control. Either way, nice find.

I wont be able to give a coral review for a long time. It will probably be march before i start adding corals. but I can give a review on color, spread and shimmer effect and fan noise. I have a feeling it should give good coverage on my 40Breeder with the very edges being a bit lower light but not dark something like good for acans, zoas and such

From what I see, you're essentially getting a crap shoot. It COULD be an awesome light. It could be quite disappointing compared to the reefbreeders value fixture (which is a fair comparison for this light)
Pros:

I like the multichip with a common reflector. Should mix the colors quite well.
Price.

Cons:
No track record.

No idea about the quality of the LEDs.

Just saying the colors of the LEDs actually isn't as helpful as it sounds.

No spectral support in the violet range.
Might cause huge PAR hot and cold spots.

Big questions that would determine how good the light actually is:
What wavelength are the blues and what type of whites are they using? In all likelihood you're getting 455-460nm blues (good), very cool whites (not so good), greens (meh), and reds (not sure if they are 630nm reds or 660nm reds).

Does the fixture actually keep the LEDs cool enough for longevity?

I am interested to see what you think of it. It's an unknown fixture so it's a bit of a gamble.

To me the reef breeders or any light of that style with the large amount of led over the entire heat sink isn't something I would not want even if price was under $100. I hate the look of LED tanks with those types of lights and sad part is that's the majority of the lights out there. In my eyes the kessil was the only light I considered because the shimmer effect is just beautiful from that light. This light should produce pretty close in shimmer style. I can't stand that disco all very fast jittery shimmer 95% other lights out there produce. So if this light isn't that great I will just get 2 kessil a150 like I had and that's it. But I am all for trying new products. And getting best bang for buck not being able to say I have a radion blah blah.

If no one ever tried out those cheaper Chinese led ones then you wouldn't have reef breeders selling anything cause found out its a pretty good light for the money without having to pay for a stupid name stamped on it

just try the light out and see if it works as good as we hope, if it does you have stumbled onto something great. Still tuned in for tank shots hope this light works out good

You cant tell anything about the light, other than it was made by little black haired Chinese children slaves

just like the iphone everyone loves.. straight from communist china.

I agree with you for the most part, but at least he isn't posting about some 100x1w led crap marketed as reef capable that's selling for $150+.. I think this is probably going to work out fine, unfortunately it's on amazon and there is never good product info on amazon. from the little I can tell about that company, they have several lights and seem to get positive reviews overall.. I hope it turns out to be a nice light, the shimmer you get from these point-source type lights (like kessil) really looks nice. I don't know that I've ever seen diode information on a kessil either..

I probably would have tried contacting the company before making a purchase, but it is what it is, he said he ordered it.. I'm interested in seeing some more info on this light..

LOL noob...I have probably been doing this longer then you and have way more equipment over the years to know whats worth it or not. I think you need to look at fact I dont have a avatar as me being a noob. please go back to your little corner where you think your soap box matters to others who want to try and listen to you.

LOL noob...I have probably been doing this longer then you and have way more equipment over the years to know whats worth it or not. I think you need to look at fact I dont have a avatar as me being a noob. please go back to your little corner where you think your soap box matters to others who want to try and listen to you.

you must be a noob if you think you can run a reef without $600 led's.. jeeze.. :rolleyes::lol:

Dude don't be a [censored] just because someone disagrees with you. Sheesh.

How big of a tank are you putting these over anyways.

fark's posts were a little dickish... I know where he is coming from, but this is not one of those threads asking about marineland crap lights..

fark's posts were a little dickish... I know where he is coming from, but this is not one of those threads asking about marineland crap lights..

Don't get me wrong. Fark was totally asking for it but the forums aren't meant for arguing.

Thank goodness it ain't one of those threads. Or worse those This.

Archived