ReefCleaners.org

Lani's 20L

Lalani

It took a pellet real fast the second day I had it, but since then it hasn't taken anything and when it was up front the female clown threw a bunch of sand onto it. When I noticed, its mouth was packed full of sand so I carefully blew it out and put the fungia in the back of the tank where the flow is less. I just put another pellet in the mouth cavity (since the tissue is fully retracted), we'll see if it reacts any. Its kinda shady back there though, low light.

:flower:

Doesn't sound hungry then. I would try moving it to medium light and then don't touch it for a while. :flower:
  • Like 1

Will do! Pushed Ben's giant star polyp mat aside and put the fungia in the front right corner. Low flow but medium light. Fingers crossed! fingerscrossed

How's the pink yuma doing?

• Like 1

Haha, its fine, there's enough room for the little fungia! I'll get some new pics soon. Oh, and your psp is turning into 'gruples'. Might have to keep it afterall. :owned:

Aww, sorry you haven't been able to. :(

Six Flags is amazing, but they're talking about what to do with the place again. Might not be there much longer! That mental hospital sounds great. I gotta go check mine out! lol

Thanks man, here are some new shots:

Finally got around to playing with scaping today. Still not finished, but its looking better already! Once I get rid of the giant mat of star polyps on the sandbed on the right, I'll have even more clean sandbed.

12111805986_3e4caaec66_o.jpg

IMG_3535 by Ugiesnugums, on Flickr

From this side you can see the star polyps lined up against the back wall and how big the red monti cap is!

12111533684_4105e06261_o.jpg

IMG_3466 by Ugiesnugums, on Flickr

12111536684_0ffea2c0ed_o.jpg

IMG_3325 by Ugiesnugums, on Flickr

Now that the cinnamon palys have a nice shady spot under Redemption Island, they've colored up a lot:

12111446763_8fc45d2dc2_o.jpg

IMG_3522 by Ugiesnugums, on Flickr

My new wee little plate:

12111446803_5422864039_o.jpg

IMG_3515 by Ugiesnugums, on Flickr

King Midas zoas

12111533404_14f2405fc1_o.jpg

IMG_3509 by Ugiesnugums, on Flickr

opaquelace's RPEs and Maria's Cornbred Rockstars (punkrockers)

12111806556_1fe63f1383_o.jpg

IMG_3498 by Ugiesnugums, on Flickr

Mushroom garden:

12111806896_4b144ba5c4_o.jpg

IMG_3463 by Ugiesnugums, on Flickr

New bird of paradise birdsnest frag

12111147245_0252067a0e_o.jpg

IMG_3451 by Ugiesnugums, on Flickr

And new pink-something chalice

12111534024_98684c8516_o.jpg

IMG_3448 by Ugiesnugums, on Flickr

Mind Blowing palys

12111807116_354fa9d9fc_o.jpg

IMG_3446 by Ugiesnugums, on Flickr

Hot pink yuma factory with a mini nem

12111447893_23b570ea10_o.jpg

IMG_3437 by Ugiesnugums, on Flickr

Red dusters on the RPE frag :)

12111447753_5522743a89_o.jpg

IMG_3443 by Ugiesnugums, on Flickr

New yumas, got an extra so one will go to opaquelace :)

12111147675_97bf9080af_o.jpg

IMG_3435 by Ugiesnugums, on Flickr

Limpet that hitched in on a frag!

12111448113_c9bd6ba62e_o.jpg

IMG_3077 by Ugiesnugums, on Flickr

Oh, and my 10gal freshy tank now that I've cleaned it a bit and added a few more tetras

12111806646_5e420c2fd8_o.jpg

IMG_3474 by Ugiesnugums, on Flickr

Lovely shots as always kim I didnt know you had a freshie..looks great how long have you had it running?

• Like 2

Not sure how this thread got past me :D The 20L is looking awesome!!!!! Love how you have it scaped.

Thanks, Danna! :flower:

dafuq is a 'gruple' lol.

Purple star polyps with green tips.

Lovely shots as always kim I didnt know you had a freshie..looks great how long have you had it running?

D'aww, thank you! I set it up around the same time I downgraded to the 10gal, so... since May or June 2012. I actually added a second, better looking piece of wood in there today. Will take pics of it as well. :)

• Like 1

Will do! Pushed Ben's giant star polyp mat aside and put the fungia in the front right corner. Low flow but medium light. Fingers crossed! fingerscrossed

How's the pink yuma doing?

Mine too fingerscrossed.

Pink yuma is doing great!!!! I'm thrilled I was able to find a spot for it that it likes. I know they can be picky about light. The little baby orange is growing too. :)

• Like 1

Great upgrade, I really love the 20 longs! Also, :wub: your ric & yuma garden!!!

Thank you! :D

Mine too fingerscrossed.

Pink yuma is doing great!!!! I'm thrilled I was able to find a spot for it that it likes. I know they can be picky about light. The little baby orange is growing too. :)

Good to hear :happy:

I'll update on the fungia tomorrow or when I take some pics! Mondays are my long class days with two lectures and two labs.

• Like 1

If its not one thing, its another.. or a bunch at the same time. The male clownfish has come down with brooklynella suddenly. It probably hitched in on a recently added coral frag. Did an emergency formalin dip on him and am setting up a qt tank. Tomorrow I'll catch and dip all three fish and transfer them to the qt tank for the next 4 weeks until the brook dies off completely. Hopefully I won't have to tear the tank apart to get the gramma.. Sigh.

IMG_4382_zps2da437a5.jpg

Thanks guys. That initial emergency formalin bath worked wonders, he looks so much better, but he still had a little bit of mucus on him yesterday. Haven't checked today because the lights aren't on yet, but he looks good at a glance. The female has a couple of whitish patches on her, but otherwise is ok. I think I finally have the SG and temp right in the qt so I'll see if I can catch them today. I'm kinda on the fence about it though. I'll probably have to tear apart the entire tank to get the gramma out. :/

Think I can get away with just doing a few formalin baths on the clowns and return them to the display? I know that won't get rid of the brook in the tank, but.. since I'll likely be moving in the summer I can put the fish into qt then and let the display go fishless. As long as the clowns stay healthy until then.

• Like 1

wait until a few hours after lights out and you should be able to get the gramma out, they get stupid in their trance and you can prod them right into a net. Don't worry too much about sand on the fungia.. recently saw a video in the wild where they flip themselves upside down to walk across the sand, then puff back up to flip back upright. I have wondered why my fungia never stays where I put him.. though his choice to crawl close to the wall hammer is not wise.

• Like 2

I dunno - every option you have is risky (either stress or the formalin killing the fish, or the brook killing them in the display). :(

Blarg, I know. :(

I've already put them through a lot lately with that near tank crash and the transfer. Their toadstool finally sloughed its outer layer and is opening up again so they are just now getting their host back.. But they both have little whitish blots still on them, so I better go ahead and dip/quarantine them. I would hate to lose the clowns since I raised them from eggs.

wait until a few hours after lights out and you should be able to get the gramma out, they get stupid in their trance and you can prod them right into a net. Don't worry too much about sand on the fungia.. recently saw a video in the wild where they flip themselves upside down to walk across the sand, then puff back up to flip back upright. I have wondered why my fungia never stays where I put him.. though his choice to crawl close to the wall hammer is not wise.

Ahh, that's a great idea! I think I know where the gramma sleeps, wedged between the two rocks the star polyps are on, so if I can manage to pull the top one back I should be able to get to the fish. Wonder if it would be easier to catch the clowns at night as well..

And yeah, the plate is doing about the same still, hasn't lost any tissue but still isn't inflating. I'll just leave it be!

OK, now you are just showing off. Just got the t3i, gonna need some tips! Will post pics in my build thread soon.

How are the clowns? Brook is nasty but you caught it soon and got the dips in...