Innovative Marine Aquariums

Lani's 20L

Lalani

jedimasterben

Mind Blowing palys

12111807116_354fa9d9fc_o.jpg

Make sure you keep these isolated. I went from two polyps in my 55g about a year and a half ago, and now I've got, eh, around 150-200 of them, not including the ones I hacked off to keep from covering some other zoas.

• Like 1
Make sure you keep these isolated. I went from two polyps in my 55g about a year and a half ago, and now I've got, eh, around 150-200 of them, not including the ones I hacked off to keep from covering some other zoas.

Thanks Ben, I'll keep an eye on them. So far they've been extremely slow growing for me, I've had them several months and only see one new polyp. I put them in a shadier spot yesterday tho, so they may take off. The blue/tan palys grow quickly!

Lani, what salt mix do you use. Did a topic search on this thread and the 10 gallon and didn't find any mention of it.

Oceanic :)

• Like 1

Have you always used Oceanic? I think Rehype uses that as well. That's one I've not tried yet.

I started off using Instant Ocean, but switched to Oceanic about 4 or 5 years ago.

• Like 1

This new 20L is bad @ss! The extra length it gave everything is awesome. Love the new scape and that overhang under the red monti is just perfect! Plus all your photography isn't bad either :P

• Like 1
jedimasterben

Thanks Ben, I'll keep an eye on them. So far they've been extremely slow growing for me, I've had them several months and only see one new polyp. I put them in a shadier spot yesterday tho, so they may take off. The blue/tan palys grow quickly!

I gave mine around 180 PAR or so, and when moved to around 120 they started reaching for more light, but kept the same growth rate.

Feed them, and you'll see them explode. You can almost watch them grow. :blink:

• Like 1

This new 20L is bad @ss! The extra length it gave everything is awesome. Love the new scape and that overhang under the red monti is just perfect! Plus all your photography isn't bad either :P

Thanks, mang! I'm really loving the dimensions of the 20 long and that overhang is what caused my finger to have a bobo, but it was worth it! I'm happy with it :happy:

I gott move the red monti though, I've been fussed at that it's going to grow out and shade everything else, so I'm going to try to make a magnet rock thingamajig to attach it to the back wall, probably on the right side of Redemption Island, sort of over the star polyp mound.

She can Kodak fo sho...

Photochoppin all day!

I gave mine around 180 PAR or so, and when moved to around 120 they started reaching for more light, but kept the same growth rate.

Feed them, and you'll see them explode. You can almost watch them grow. :blink:

I dunno if I wanna see them explode... :unsure:

jedimasterben

I dunno if I wanna see them explode... :unsure:

Well, everything else will explode, too, so it makes up for it.

I took a razor blade to them and hacked a good bit of mine up to keep them from (literally) growing up and over another zoa frag, and in that area they have not tried to come back, though the colony is growing out in the other areas. I got 'em on the run!

jedimasterben

Holy crap.

(insert one of Ben's nope gifs here)

That was then. I have added four more micron ranges of golden pearls, LRS Reef and Herbivore Frenzy, Selcon, and spirulina powder to that. :)

jedimasterben

But... but they're like your corals... THEY WANT MORE THEY WANT MORE

:D:flower:

Thank ya! Some of the star polyps have already started attaching to the back wall so it has begun!

But.. both the toadstool and the fungia are PO'd. The little fungia won't inflate very much and its mouth is gaping badly, I've tried a couple of different locations for it, but it won't perk up. Dunno what to do. :(

Oh no! Have you been feeding the plate? If not, give it some mysis or pellets, or something similar. It sounds like it could be hungry,. I hope you figure it out. Your sand is so perfect. It looks soft :). Mine is full of shells, etc. Wish I had gone with the type you used.

• Like 1

Oh no! Have you been feeding the plate? If not, give it some mysis or pellets, or something similar. It sounds like it could be hungry,. I hope you figure it out. Your sand is so perfect. It looks soft :). Mine is full of shells, etc. Wish I had gone with the type you used.

It took a pellet real fast the second day I had it, but since then it hasn't taken anything and when it was up front the female clown threw a bunch of sand onto it. When I noticed, its mouth was packed full of sand so I carefully blew it out and put the fungia in the back of the tank where the flow is less. I just put another pellet in the mouth cavity (since the tissue is fully retracted), we'll see if it reacts any. Its kinda shady back there though, low light.

:flower: