Innovative Marine Aquariums

SouthReef -- Bye bye Red Planet!

SouthFlorida_Tron

SouthFlorida_Tron

A small macro crab would be killer in the Red Planet man! Keep it up.

That would be something!!!

How high are you running your ATI fixture above your tank? I just got a 4x24 delivered for my Fusion 30L and can't wait to get it hung.

I want to say around 9" above the waterline.... Keep in mind I've also got a ReefBrite blue LED attached to the front and I'm waiting on a 2nd which arrives thursday so it may need to go up to 10" because the tank is so narrow.

• Like 1
SouthFlorida_Tron

I'll probably add some reefbrites before too long to my fixture aswell

We'll the biggest adjustment I noticed in going T5 after having LEDs was not having that big blue pop... And you notice if you have zoas.

Consider the light as being soft and round apposed to LEDs which are direct and penetrate the water.

FYI: if u can swing it... Premium aquatics has them at 15% off right now! You'll kick yourself later if you're late!

SouthFlorida_Tron

I just replaced the bulbs about two weeks ago and the colors are popping again. they really dulled out as the life on the bulbs died off... 12 months seems to be the limit...

I guess i finally got what i wished for! (years ago wondering why it wouldn't grow!)

• Like 1

I bet every pops like crazy now !!!! I love the tight but crazy shimmer they put off but the price,my god lol.

Im happy to see after being a nub for like a year that thing has taken off like it has.

SouthFlorida_Tron

I bet every pops like crazy now !!!! I love the tight but crazy shimmer they put off but the price,my god lol.

Im happy to see after being a nub for like a year that thing has taken off like it has.

It definitely took off didn't it!
SouthFlorida_Tron

Took you long enough...I told you need two like two years ago..lol. But all jokes aside the tank looks fantastic glad to see its been thriving for so long.

Thanks Mr. Hype.

• 2 weeks later...
SouthFlorida_Tron

Against one of the core rules of dosing,

Ive been adding/alternating dashes of strontium and potassium every morning... seems to be doing wonders for the coral colors. theyre popping slightly more... especially the pinks and greens on the RP...

• Like 1

I just replaced the bulbs about two weeks ago and the colors are popping again. they really dulled out as the life on the bulbs died off... 12 months seems to be the limit...

I guess i finally got what i wished for! (years ago wondering why it wouldn't grow!)

What bulb combo are you running?

• 1 month later...