Pod Your Reef

SouthReef -- Bye bye Red Planet!

SouthFlorida_Tron

SouthFlorida_Tron

And............. my beloved doser of several years has gone capoot... needs a motherboard replacement.... ehhh

i hate manual dosing... its been so long... noooooooooooooooo!

SouthFlorida_Tron

Just got off the phone with SeaSide aquatics (formerly Bubble Magus)

unplug doser and keep in dry place for 24 hours to see if it will clear up the issue or $50 and order replacement board and that will fix it up....

Relief... better than $300 for a new doser!

Or look into a Jebao doser ?! Thats crazy your alk was so low lol.

That's an accident waiting to happen. The BM has a lot of history and long term reliability, and after the first version was not known to get stuck on and nuke a tank. Did jaebo ever fix that issue?

I've got a BM and the extra 4 child? unit, but I haven't used it yet. I still do a lot of manual dosing here and there and it does suck.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Quiet Drive upgrade complete. 100% on QD is like the ecosmart 50%... Huge difference....

In other news, a second MP10WQD is on the way!

• Like 3

I've started using Purple (nutrient transport mode) in my 150, cleared up any dead spots with Cyano almost immediately.

So how is the QD for the MP10. I upgraded one MP40 and it is dead silent, not kidding, I can't hear it. The little MP10 in my 40 gallon whines like crazy, tempted to upgrade it.

SouthFlorida_Tron

OK, so.... I thought upgrading the driver on my older mp10 made a slight difference. you still hear the motor but the whiny noise dissipated a little bit....

now.......

the brand new mp10qd? whoa..... dead silent.... i had to touch the motor to make sure it was running, and all i hear is the older motor....

I just spent 15 minutes assigning master/slave, and configuring feed mode speeds, night speeds, etc etc....

this will be a long project figuring out exact positioning, modes, and speeds though.... its a lot to set in the first hour....

jedimasterben

Yeah, the bearings are the main source of noise on the old MP10, so without changing those out or swapping dry sides completely, it will still be louder than the new one :)

SouthFlorida_Tron

Its for sure slightly quieter which is cool... but correct.... the motor is still louder than the new one... but at least they're not "humming" in unison lol... you just hear the old one still :)

My other problem is figuring out if i should grab a second reef brite to attach to the ati while on sale or wait for christmas...

:ninja:

• Like 1
SouthFlorida_Tron

When you don't test, EVER.... and tank looks healthy, and get bored and test your ALK to find its at 4.6 :D:D:lol::lol::unsure::unsure:

And............. my beloved doser of several years has gone capoot... needs a motherboard replacement.... ehhh

i hate manual dosing... its been so long... noooooooooooooooo!

and.......... finally i get to sit back and just enjoy without having to dose by hand... what a miserable 7 days that was!!! I forgot how annoying manually hand dosing was... yuckkk.... and in turn, my doser repays me by giving me steady consistent readings :)

Problem solved, crisis averted! ;)

make a video. i wanna see waves

My return pump is so strong i don't think it lets waves build momentum... you just see splashing on the corners, and hear splashing going over the overflow!

Im kind of a double mp10 noob... I set the master & slave relationship... and am running on anti-sync reefcrest because my tank is always on the random mode.... but am open to hearing reasons to change!

any advice?

SouthFlorida_Tron

You guys think a 4th fish in this tank is ok?

They had some beautiful royal grammas at the store today, small ones too... about same size as my 6line...

would they all be cool?

Wow, that rp has spread out. Tank is looking amazing, nice to see it still up and running.

Thanks, for sure its still running! and not coming down any time soon!

I've seen a few who are little bitches and fight with everything.

same here. they normally pick a hole and stick to it. if something comes to said hole they can be mean as ####