ReefCleaners.org

Polarcollision's Nuvo 24: March FTS

Polarcollision

Looking great- I just looked at a 24 yesterday at the lfs store- it's nice tank! Your back wall is awesome. Lots of happy corals in there?. What's the green one on the bottom between the rock formations? Is that a cap?

• Like 1
Polarcollision

Looking great- I just looked at a 24 yesterday at the lfs store- it's nice tank! Your back wall is awesome. Lots of happy corals in there. What's the green one on the bottom between the rock formations? Is that a cap?

Thanks! I love this tank - it's been a great upgrade. :-)

Yeah, I thought it was an encruster but it's a green cap with red polyps. Very pretty, but caps would overwhelm this tank. I pulled it off the rock and am letting it recover on the sand bed to sell/trade.

• Like 1

Nice to see the growth updates, I love growth over time shots, and the new FTS. Looking really good. I am shocked you got the SSC to survive. These things are sooo slow to do anything, but I have to say that mine survived my alk and phosphate spike without batting an eye.

Polarcollision

Nice to see the growth updates, I love growth over time shots, and the new FTS. Looking really good. I am shocked you got the SSC to survive. These things are sooo slow to do anything, but I have to say that mine survived my alk and phosphate spike without batting an eye.

The reality check of growth shots, yeah? :-) So easy to miss it when your see your tank every day. I feel like my acros don't grow anywhere as well as others'. It's great to see some evidence that they actually are, even a little bit. I'm surprised on the SSC, too. I have a hunch that most acros can take one goof in stride. It seems a series of goofs is when they lose it. Crossing fingers that the goofs are mostly behind me now so this thing can grow a branch finally!

Your tank looks awesome!

Thanks vlangel - that means a lot to me. :-)

• Like 1

Thanks! I love this tank - it's been a great upgrade. :-)

Yeah, I thought it was an encruster but it's a green cap with red polyps. Very pretty, but caps would overwhelm this tank. I pulled it off the rock and am letting it recover on the sand bed to sell/trade.

It would probably do pretty good there - you could let it grow out and be a nice center piece

Polarcollision

It would probably do pretty good there - you could let it grow out and be a nice center piece

Just spent 20 minutes picturing how to put it on the center column and not have it shade other corals out. Bummer. That's the one drawback for this long, narrow format... Or wait, did you mean keeping it down on the sand? That could be interesting...

• Like 1

Just spent 20 minutes picturing how to put it on the center column and not have it shade other corals out. Bummer. That's the one drawback for this long, narrow format... Or wait, did you mean keeping it down on the sand? That could be interesting...

Ya- keep it on the sand- I bet it will take off and fill the whole area in? or place it on a small flat rock ,if your lfs has one, to keep the polyps on the underside happy. glad your considering keeping it- could develop into a sweet center piece.

• Like 1
Polarcollision

Nice shots man.

Tank is looking great dude, very nice :).

:D Thanks for dropping by!

Ya- keep it on the sand- I bet it will take off and fill the whole area in or place it on a small flat rock ,if your lfs has one, to keep the polyps on the underside happy. glad your considering keeping it- could develop into a sweet center piece.

Been wanting to replace the 3 poccoloporas on the right side with something else. Hopefully as the cap grows out it will look good there with branching acros.

• Like 2
Polarcollision

Nice close ups! Do the goby and blenny ever bother each other?

Thanks! They posed instead of running from the big black eyeball for once. At first the watchman hid all the time. Then she started taking big patches of skin off Kissyface. I think they worked it out now since kissyface sleeps inches from her and her skin is Maybelline perfect again.

• Like 1
Polarcollision

Hahahah- maybelline- good one. That's good they worked it out- I thought my clowns might bully my blenny but they could care less

I don't know if all TSB are the same, but they seem to be unphased by almost anything.

• Like 1
Polarcollision

Ya that's a great way to put it- unphased

Thanks Gena!

Thank you!

Hmmmm. Me thinks you have the wrong thread! lol.

LOL He took the words right out of my mouth. :-)

• Like 1
  • Polarcollision changed the title to Polarcollision's Nuvo 24: FTV & new Apex