Cultivated Reef

Nano Box Owners Thread

DaveFason

Here are a couple of shots of my Duo...

Shipped in piecs so I could run the wire through my hanging bar

IMAG0574.jpg

Am I the only one that thinks that there is not enough pictures of the underside of the Nanobox lights?

IMAG0575-1.jpg

Here it is getting hung over the tank (PicO III)

%5BUNSET%5D.jpg
Note the tank is pushed forward in this pic so I could get to the wiring and mounting screws.

First FTS with Nanobox installed.

%5BUNSET%5D.jpg
Excuse the crappy cell phone pic - it freaks out when I try to take a picture of my tank now.

FTS (looks nothing like this in person... I need to bring my DSLR to work...)

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

• Like 6

Here is my IM Nuvo 16 with an all black Duo. I am not much of a photographer, so please excuse the poor quality (the light is much better in person).

And a big thanks to Dave for patiently answering all my email questions and delivering such a nice fixture.

Thanks,

Chris

rLHnBkW.jpg

• Like 4

Looks great! Every time I see your pics I get super excited about my retro he's working on!!!

Ha! Glad to hear! Get uber-excited Matt... you're going to love it. Best color I've seen to date. I have to say I loved mine so much I ordered another for my new cube at work! I can't wait to see your pics when yours arrives.

I'm officially a NanoBox Owner!!!

And I'll throw up some pics this upcoming weekend when a few other things get settled, but being my first LED fixture I have a few questions,

PicoAquarium SII 8.8g 15Lx15wx9H

keeping Zoanthids,Ricordea, and Rock Flower Anemones

Dave was kind enough to recommend blues at 160, and whites at 120

What Channels 1-6 Control which colors? where should my 160 go? where should my 120 go?

I wanna make sure I adjust accordingly, and avoid any chance of bleaching.

PWM Day=desired brightness

PWM Night=desired brightness (do i visually adjust on storm controller for desired color rendition?)

This is easy enough to use, and fun to play with,but I'd just like to be sure.

Everything else is set.

I have my Sunrise/Sunset adjusted to local time based on my longitude and latitude.

My Ramp Time is 50m

I've got a cloud passing by every 10m

and my moon phase is on (but I'm guessing it'll adjust my PWM night accordingly)

• Like 1

I'm officially a NanoBox Owner!!!

And I'll throw up some pics this upcoming weekend when a few other things get settled, but being my first LED fixture I have a few questions,

PicoAquarium SII 8.8g 15Lx15wx9H

keeping Zoanthids,Ricordea, and Rock Flower Anemones

Dave was kind enough to recommend blues at 160, and whites at 120

What Channels 1-6 Control which colors? where should my 160 go? where should my 120 go?

I wanna make sure I adjust accordingly, and avoid any chance of bleaching.

PWM Day=desired brightness

PWM Night=desired brightness (do i visually adjust on storm controller for desired color rendition?)

This is easy enough to use, and fun to play with,but I'd just like to be sure.

Everything else is set.

I have my Sunrise/Sunset adjusted to local time based on my longitude and latitude.

My Ramp Time is 50m

I've got a cloud passing by every 10m

and my moon phase is on (but I'm guessing it'll adjust my PWM night accordingly)

Channels 1: blues

Channel 2: whites

Channels 3-6: are for adding additional lighting down the road. So they do nothing for just the single light.

If you plan to set your blues/whites @ 160/120 and you have corals in your tank already, I'd slowly ramp it up to those numbers over a month or so. These LEDs are strong and will bleach or melt your corals if you do not aclimate them to the lighting. I have had to turn mine down a few times. Currently I'm set @ 130/80. Plan to go up to,150/100. Once a week I turn the dial up 10 on both white and blue.

Hope this helps

That's excellent advice, I greatly appreciate it.

However, on my specific unit

Channel 1: Whites

Channel 2: Blues

With that known, my

PWM Day is 70/120-------> Would you recommend me starting out lower? say 50/100?

PWM Night is 30/00 --- If i want to experience localized Moonlighting effects.

Again, my Sunrise/Sunset is based on my local time....so at 7:16am..we'll see if it comes on as planned...

The first ever PicO aquarium in white featuring a white Nanobox Mini Tide LED!! Can't thank you enough Dave! Both the tank and the light turned out perfectly. I can't wait to get some life in there :D

post-82685-0-15942500-1391233263_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Although the tank is empty at the moment, the lights make everything look amazing!

I can't wait to see how coral will grow and fluoresce under these lights.

Thanks again Dave!

Pic1.jpgPic3.jpgPic2.jpgPic4.jpg

Pic5.jpg

• Like 6

Diggin' my Tek-Retro by Dave! Looking forward to getting my Mini Tide so I can get it over my cube soon!

bottom_side_1.jpg

Quad Bulb T5s with the nanobox LEDs in it... So much drool... When I upgrade I'd like an 6 bulb ATI fixture with the middle two bulbs gutted out and replaced with the NanoBox LEDs and then with the wood veneer finish... Going to be so much sexy. <3

• Like 4

Jeff,

Looks SO good! The white on white is perfect.

The first ever PicO aquarium in white featuring a white Nanobox Mini Tide LED!! Can't thank you enough Dave! Both the tank and the light turned out perfectly. I can't wait to get some life in there :D

attachicon.gifphoto 3.JPG

Alex,

Awesome start. This will be a stunner for sure.

Although the tank is empty at the moment, the lights make everything look amazing!

I can't wait to see how coral will grow and fluoresce under these lights.

Thanks again Dave!

Pic1.jpgPic3.jpgPic2.jpgPic4.jpg

Pic5.jpg

• Like 3

omg FINALLY I get to join in on this thread! Corals aren't at their biggest and brightest, but it is a start. I was too excited to not snap pictures immediately.

1779256_10201310743954896_672095545_n.jp

1653377_10201310744154901_1982973954_n.j

1800370_10201310743514885_1702898063_n.j

1800335_10201310744714915_961740512_n.jp

1511584_10201310743674889_1380371563_n.j

1607117_10201310744354906_1363704783_n.j

Obviously, more to come later! I didn't do any photo editing, this comes straight from my phone. My boyfriend, who is a very critical engineer himself, commented often about how incredibly well made the unit is. He was very impressed. Well done, Dave!

• Like 1