Cultivated Reef

Snowy's 16 gallon - king feather duster lost his crown

Snowgrrl83

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So sorry about the clown they are such cute fish that really sucks, good news about the coralline though

Yup! Coralline is good news :) its starting to grow on the rocks that had been completely stripped and cooked in my basement, they were colorless when I first put them in, so im hoping that they will be purple soon!

To make myself feel better about the clownfish today, i went out and bought an acro sps. I hope i dont kill this one as they are said to be finicky.

The last acro I had RTN after I changed my GFO media, did a water change and started dosing magnesium all in the same day...lol, wont do that again as my params (alk/cal/mag) are a bit more sorted out now.

Here is the acro frag.

2752665D-1B3E-49BA-9354-E16F4D7544AB_zps

Maybe ill get a clownfish next week. I feel as though i need a clownfish to fill that BTA in my tank..lol

Ah, my rock was all rock-colored when I got it. I think all you need is some half decent salt and time, and all your rock will be covered

Ah, my rock was all rock-colored when I got it. I think all you need is some half decent salt and time, and all your rock will be covered

Yay for pretty coralline!

Check what I just fished out of my tank! Some mysterious crab that was just dead in the sandbed!! Eeeeek! I suspected that my tank had crabs. Does anyone know if these critters live in colonies (could there be more of them?)

Stay away from me boys, Ive got a bad case of crabs. :(

4EA45EE2-721A-4408-A4C3-DDE85FFE6F55_zps

my guess is that it hitch hiked on your live rock, and what you actually found was a molt

I believe you are correct. I opened the carcasse and it was empty-ish. Now i have to go on a crab hunt .... Ugh.

Ooooooo.... Love the video. Ive set up a crab trap before, without success and somehow later convinced myself that it wasnt a crab but sifting stars living in my tank (since i only saw legs and no body) so i gave up on the hunt. See page 2 of the thread. :) trap is set up again....except my last glass jar was filled with bacon grease, so this time, i used a plastic baby bottle.

Sadly I don't have a tank thread a few years ago I had a little pico with a mushroom lol pretty pathetic. But hopefully late spring I'll have a new tank. I only know what I know from all the wonderful people of nr

Sadly I don't have a tank thread a few years ago I had a little pico with a mushroom lol pretty pathetic. But hopefully late spring I'll have a new tank. I only know what I know from all the wonderful people of nr

You'll be an expert! You probably already are an expert with 1000+ posts on NR ;)

Only caught a hermit crab last night. Will have to keep hunting for the evil crab.

I bought more coral frags for my tank.... a bunch of mushrooms (striped, bubbled) and a bonsai acro...so pretty. I think i have a frag addiction.

no pics!?!
lol, sorry, made that last post in a hurry. Heres a pic of my new fav coral frag. Garf bonsai acro ( purple and green ome in the middle).

52A580AC-DA2B-42DD-8C5E-D7A3ECAA953E_zps

Today, my tank is 2 months old :)

Love that acro, what light is used here

Its a Maxspect rasor nano 16k at 80%-80%

I caved in and got a pucasso grade a ckown. Missed my last clown too much. At keast this one is a big bugger, therefore probably heakthier and is already hosting my nem.

Here he is!

5777B416-B5C3-49F4-8598-77F32FFFE492_zps

Otherwise, i just signed up for aquaticlog.com to keep myself on track with all my aquarium tasks.

You can see my AL profile here

http://www.aquaticlog.com/aquariums/snowgrrl83/1

Dealing with RTN on a part of my new bonsai acro frag. I put glue on the rtn portions in hopes of stopping it and saving the ciral. Hope this works!

Here is my glue job. Hope this works, so far so good. There is another glue blob on one of the branches that cant be seen in the pic.

75C975F6-8763-423C-B56E-11BBDF88AFCD_zps

So far, so good, i don't see any further tissue necrosis on the bonsai acro. I decided to do a bit of a reorganization of my candy cane coral. I had 3 frags and decided to elastic and glue them together to make a colony. I hope it didn't piss them off too much.

They are hardy, so i think they will take to their new living arrangements. I put my bonsai acro at the top center of the tank so i can see it better :)

Ive spotted tiny tuffs of hair algae so I swapped my gfo media bag today. Here is to keeping algae under control!

Here are pissed off candy canes

B986AF53-2891-4983-856F-6156D899073E_zps

And a new FTS from today!

743986F3-1A69-453E-BD19-A256DE7E05F6_zps

Wow I hadn't noticed how nice this tank is I need to get a job and maybe ill end up coming home with a tank when the parents are distracted lol

So far, so good, i don't see any further tissue necrosis on the bonsai acro. I decided to do a bit of a reorganization of my candy cane coral. I had 3 frags and decided to elastic and glue them together to make a colony. I hope it didn't piss them off too much. They are hardy, so i think they will take to their new living arrangements. I put my bonsai acro at the top center of the tank so i can see it better :) Ive spotted tiny tuffs of hair algae so I swapped my gfo media bag today. Here is to keeping algae under control! Here are pissed off candy canes B986AF53-2891-4983-856F-6156D899073E_zps And a new FTS from today! 743986F3-1A69-453E-BD19-A256DE7E05F6_zps

That is looking quite nice! Will be super when it's all filled in :)

Archived