ReefCleaners.org

Gertie- my girl is gone.

FlowerMama

She felt up my finger and left so she missed her opportunity for feeding tonight!!! She has a nice soft touch.

I loved this video but felt bad for gert that she lost her opportunity. She looks great though.
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a snippet again of the branching gsp. Doing well. I'm contemplating cutting the left turn off of it and putting it on a frag plug and then I'd have 2, they'd be rather similar in height. I wonder if cutting it there makes it branch out more like a tree does.

Never noticed the skull before and it's obviously been there a while :).

Skull- yeah it's that soap stone or whatever they carve all the time. used to be white w/ green & grey stripes I think

What a difference a day makes!!! Polyp extension much better, though it is really blowing on him.

20160331_230123_zpsdrbwlhpu.jpg

And I found the Devil's Hand upside down into the branching gsp when I got home. I righted it and it's

doing well, looks better than yesterday too. Though I think I had it turned around the other day. I really like it's unusual

shape.

20160331_230128_zpspjzgkfxf.jpg

What a difference a day makes!!! Polyp extension much better, though it is really blowing on him.

20160331_230123_zpsdrbwlhpu.jpg

It's doing it's best plate imitation :).

They look healthy!!!!!

Mr. Microscope

I hope it was fresh enough, lol. That little Gertie is so cute. Has she grown much since you got her? I think I remember you saying that it was less than an inch when you found her.

Some stowaways that didn't make it in today's GulfLiveRock shipment today.

Eating her own kind :o

And the music is much better not silent and a oh shit at the end :lol:

I hope it was fresh enough, lol. That little Gertie is so cute. Has she grown much since you got her? I think I remember you saying that it was less than an inch when you found her.

Yeah, she was like 1/2" and now she's almost 2".

Eating her own kind :o

And the music is much better not silent and a oh shit at the end :lol:

She killed her sister friend and drug her in to her home and ate her piece by piece. They sometimes eat the skeleton to for more calcium I believe. An early post, thus the name of the thread!

Did not see that........

How is she with the RFAs? I am thinking of doing a tank with one maybe but not sure.

Did not see that........

How is she with the RFAs? I am thinking of doing a tank with one maybe but not sure.

Not good, she killed several. Whenever she decided one was in her way, she pummeled it.

Those new additions look great!

Thanks. I did go to Petco and got a few more additions for the leather/softie growing side of me. No SHIPPING!!!

23.99 for Pom Pom Xenia.

20160403_194010_zps0gktthzt.jpg

This is what they looked like at the store so they still have some acclimating to do.

20160403_160028_zps6xd83oit.jpg

19.99 for Kenya.

20160403_194041_zpsnfbj6yxk.jpg

11.99 for this one I need help identifying.

20160403_194050_zps4xxoykmz.jpg

StinkyBunny

Need to fix that last pic FM, no worky here. I won't tell you what happens to mantids when rock comes in, it usually involves my Assasi trigger. They are cool critters though, but my customers don't all share that opinion. I've gotten small eels in from airfreight Fiji rock before, just sloshing around in the bottom of a box in an inch of water, lol. If you can get hold of soft crabs, blue crabs, you can freeze them and clip off pieces to feed your shrimps, they love it.

It has polyps and I never saw them the last 2 days when I stopped at Petco so I wasn't sure what this is.

Look at the difference already in my tank. First I thought something green, now both green and lavender.

20160403_194050_zps4xxoykmz.jpg

20160403_214934_zpswrjrzvmx.jpg

This one already changed as well.

20160403_214946_zps9oqd5nlg.jpg

and a few hrs ago looked like this...

20160403_194041_zpsnfbj6yxk.jpg

It's a green Sinularia.

Ty. Then now I wonder if the other one I have is a nepthea? Polyps aren't the same as the other one at all. I guess I should just not be concerned really and just enjoy them.

GOOD NEWS. Ammonia did not get worse over night, it appears to be reversing which means I should have some nitrite (I have no kit) .

Looks like last night was 3.45- 4 after the water change and then closing in on 2 at 5:30 when I checked.

I'm going to check it around 10 tonight. If it's better then I'm going to leave it alone. I don't want to remove any water if the nitrite process is starting, or should I even do a 5 g change???

yesterday
20160404_012954_zpsohgxgrau.jpg
today
20160404_184231_zpsakdksqbl.jpg

Looking stronger today.

20160404_184344_zpsfftpeopa.jpg

So the Kenya is the Capnella? lovely picture, reminds me of broccoli. Is there a link for that beautiful picture or site?

StinkyBunny

Do you have a thread for your tank?

Tank? I have 6, soon to be 8 at home, lol. 4x40B quarantine tanks, 60 rimless cube (wife's tank), 57 rimless and 93 rimless cube. I'm adding an 80 rimless frag tank in a few weeks.

This is what it looks like when I go fish shopping, lol. For the curious, that's just shy of $3500 worth of Aussie goodness.

ZR2sg4h.jpg

Archived