SaltCritters.com

Gertie- my girl is gone.

FlowerMama

Well by the time I Looked at the tank later, he had taken teh rocks and moved the entire structure and spread it across the tank. I removed the pipe. We often look over and see him pushing rocks around. The crab is 2.5 inches across, his arm is as long as his body. He's pretty large.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Black? interesting.

Not all of them are black though. Look them up they come in a few colors.....I saw a green pair in a video.

I think when it comes to Mantis shrimp there are a bunch of varieties.

there has been a small ammonia spike .25 ish . in her tank and she's not doing well. I got her in a bucket of water with my emergency air pump. What do I do :'(

she is spazzing out on her side, or her back. :'(

Edit: research is indicating she is... moulting? Looks very uncomfortable. I am so distressed for her.

there has been a small ammonia spike .25 ish . in her tank and she's not doing well. I got her in a bucket of water with my emergency air pump. What do I do :'(

she is spazzing out on her side, or her back. :'(

Edit: research is indicating she is... moulting? Looks very uncomfortable. I am so distressed for her.

If moulting hopefully it is back in the tank. Maybe a little more comfortable than a bucket.

Yeah I put her back when I got hte ammon down, I didn't realise they thrashed like that, she still is, but has got herself under a rock now.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, they really have to wiggle each appendage. I can only imagine it would feel like a straight jacket, not much room to move but ya gotta jiggle around. Glad you put her back, they're very vulnerable at that stage cuz it's obviously difficult to fight back while doing that, so it is probably a little less stressful that she's back hiding to take care of business.

I glued Gena's Toadstool down after work. I have one nassarius in this tank and no other snails I don't think now in either of the 2 tanks. I need to order a cuc tomorrow.

20160128_201816_zpsgtmon1q4.jpg

And here are some other pics of the tank right now.

20160128_214448_zpskgjyhkiu.jpg

20160128_195124_zpseajxqeid.jpg

20160128_214526_zpsew2bgrw3.jpg

20160128_215242_zpsntlwoyra.jpg

This was just before I glued it, Gert sitting in a hollow.

20160128_195001_zps5cuhte9v.jpg

That picture of Gert peeking out is great! I'm glad everything is doing well.

My curlicue anenome looks just like yours now, but since it's under a rock it's hard to get a picture of it all extended like yours is. It still tries to reach over and sting the acans when I feed them, but I've learned if I give it a good poke with the feeding pipette it will retract long enough for the acans to eat :lol:

Mine has gotten very large, like 5 inch across but right now it's staying small with the change that happened. I'm sure after a water change it'll be more happy. I love it's gentle coloring, still very pretty. But yeah, not good next to acans for sure.

I glued Gena's Toadstool down after work. I have one nassarius in this tank and no other snails I don't think now in either of the 2 tanks. I need to order a cuc tomorrow.

Also read as: I need to order Gertie some small snacks tomorrow <3

Archived