Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Gertie- my girl is gone.

FlowerMama

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure what thread so I'll just put it here. I've always been intrigued and I'm no longer a virgin. It was for a charity event for the Asheville Humane Society by Freaks & Geeks Tattoo. I love it, I expected worse and 3-4 mins later it was done!! And yes, already have thoughts on the next one, which will involve coloring in. Gertie w/ her green body and blue on her legs with exaggerated eyes cocked in different directions atop an orange with purple rock flower anemone. Maybe kind of reclining on it or just standing upright.

20150913_133113_zpsqi0dwwvs.jpg

Not sure what thread so I'll just put it here. I've always been intrigued and I'm no longer a virgin. It was for a charity event for the Asheville Humane Society by Freaks & Geeks Tattoo. I love it, I expected worse and 3-4 mins later it was done!! And yes, already have thoughts on the next one, which will involve coloring in. Gertie w/ her green body and blue on her legs with exaggerated eyes cocked in different directions atop an orange with purple rock flower anemone. Maybe kind of reclining on it or just standing upright.

That's a really cute tattoo. Also, an easy one... Lol that mantis/nem tat would be a minimum of a 6hr sitting. Shading would a fun afternoon.

That's a really cute tattoo. Also, an easy one... Lol that mantis/nem tat would be a minimum of a 6hr sitting. Shading would a fun afternoon.

With those 3 lens eyes I could have that exaggerated feature. I don't think I could pass up the opportunity to go new school, you know? Just not overly cartoony or fantasy.

Nothing as "fantasy" as this cuz I'm not a fantasy person but I like the look of it.

mantis_shrimp__by_acid_tongued-d339l59_z

Here is where you can see the blue more on her legs.

20150829_160626_zpsd4pxnleb.jpg

It's 2" by 1.75" wide. They had precut stencils. Not a burning, just a long pinch, held there, like if you pinch the skin on the top of your hand with your nails and hold it for 10- 15 sec at at time. Here it is today. Not much different. It really wasn't bad. It was done in 3 mins. My estimate was way off. I was thinking 30.

I don't know if it feels like that in other places but it was fine. Aside from that fun, they had 4 kittens in the waiting area, their heads were as little as pool table balls and they were active. Everyone was passing them around. They're having another 5 wks at $5 adoption fee for kittens and cats. I enjoyed the experience.

20150914_222138_zpsftbwyhpk.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, long time no pics here either.

Here's a pic of Ocean, she's always hiding. Scaredy cat of a fish. And she's not afraid of Gertie but she hides when I walk by. NOT an open swimmer. Cave dweller!

20151003_211625_zpsx4nrca19.jpg

20151003_203203_zps2nutlpmx.jpg

Curlique is so nice & big.

20151001_174825_zpsylnzywco.jpg

I love this combo of the macro and the algae and yellow nem.

20151003_211555_zpsc3n5g2do.jpg

20151003_211440_zpsx2bjfebi.jpg

20151003_211505_zpsxuj1raog.jpg

20151003_211408_zpss6d1nz3y.jpg

2 nems losses today. The oh so unique one in Maiden's Voyage and then one here. As stated before, Gertie hits until it's out of her way. It got too weak and croaked. I've actually gotten rather sad. I need the sniffling dog icon from FB. Once I can get them all together in the 40 I have to buy some, somewhere to make up for losses, though it'll be hard to find the one I lost from Maiden's Voyage. But maybe another will come along.

I had to turn off flow to do a water change and this curlique is enormous!. This is the side of the 20g.

20151011_210206_zpswvfjbjk3.jpg

20151011_210011_zpsq8cg2v3o.jpg

And then one of the nems on the other side that looks cool from underneath.

20151011_205942_zpszuqkwr6m.jpg

your RFA look so big and beautiful, annette!

i'm so sorry that you lost a few. do you mean gertie

attacked them? aiiiii! i hope you can rehome them soon!

love the new video though. she is a cutie!

your RFA look so big and beautiful, annette!

i'm so sorry that you lost a few. do you mean gertie

attacked them? aiiiii! i hope you can rehome them soon!

love the new video though. she is a cutie!

Yep, she hit them repeatedly til they'd shrink down and mutilated because they'd be in her way.

Yep, she hit them repeatedly til they'd shrink down and mutilated because they'd be in her way.

:( but she's only doing what gertie does, you know?

poor RFA though. are you moving them soon?

:( but she's only doing what gertie does, you know?

poor RFA though. are you moving them soon?

I was supposed to have a closing end of Nov, up to 12/15 closing time but now that's not happening since I have to look for land again. But once I do move the flowers will all be in my 40g w/ the clowns, spotted goby, 6line. So all flowers from the 20 & 34 will again be together and I'll put the duncan and toadstool in Gert's tank. I'm hoping the move still happens this year, if can find property and pass septic and perc test then maybe there's a chance. It can still be unusually warm here sometimes. As long as the ground is not hard, they can bulldoze trees if that's necessary.

Looking great! Yours is the nicest mantis tank I have seen.

Wow, thank you! I just wish she didn't hate the rock flowers so much. I do like the natural look of her home. But down the line they'll be out of there and the duncan and toadstool will be in it's place, so it'll look different once again.

Wow, thank you! I just wish she didn't hate the rock flowers so much. I do like the natural look of her home. But down the line they'll be out of there and the duncan and toadstool will be in it's place, so it'll look different once again.

I am sure whatever you do will still be lovely.

• 3 weeks later...

My favorite critter Gertie's tank turned 2 yrs old. She turned 2 when I found her on Halloween. Love her. I'll see if I can get a pic of her later today.

Archived